World's best AB workout!!!
Aug 7, 2003 at 8:17 PM Post #121 of 309
It hurts my back.

Biggie.

Aug 7, 2003 at 8:45 PM Post #122 of 309
You guys got me so interested, could I have a PM as well?

Thank you
biggrin.gif

Aug 8, 2003 at 2:24 AM Post #125 of 309
Why doesn't someone just put it on a Geocities website and slap up a big, fat link to it in this thread?
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by Flasken
Lol, this is crazy... 6 pages so far of nothing but "pm please!!"

oh well...

PM please!!

evil_smiley.gif

Aug 8, 2003 at 3:29 AM Post #127 of 309
This exercise seems to work (ie: difficult to do) when you're doing it (it's pretty hard to find the 'sweet spot' where it really is difficult to keep yourself up, but when you do, especially if you pull your legs towards you, it's damn hard).

However, the next morning I've yet to feel sore. I started a routine of 100 various kinds of situps per day about a month ago, and I've added this in on top of it. Not sure if it's doing any good or not. I have noticed I can feel my lower chest working too if I really hit that 'sweet spot' right.

-dd3mon

Aug 8, 2003 at 5:12 AM Post #128 of 309
Quote:

Originally posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ
It hurts my back.

That's because your back is weak. Seriously -- if you have a weak lower back, many abdominal exercises will be difficult, or even painful.

You should start with some "planks": lie face down on the floor, then elevate your upper body on your elbows/forearms and your legs on your toes. Now lift the rest of your body (abdomen, waist, thighs, knees) off the ground and force your body to be straight from head to toe. Hold that position for 30 seconds to a minute (it will probably be very difficult to get to 30 if your lower back is weak and you're doing it right.) Do three to five of these a day, increasing the length of time you hold the plank, and your lower back muscles will get much stronger. (You could do weights, as well, but it's better to do something mild like this first to build up your lower back -- if you try too much too fast you can really hurt yourself.)

Aug 8, 2003 at 7:04 AM Post #132 of 309
Please send a PM my way!

personally i think doing ab workouts won't really do much to kill the fat around the gut. My PE teacher in high school said that you can't target certain body sections of fat, you can only lose fat as a whole. he said the best way was cardio cardio cardio.

Aug 8, 2003 at 7:04 AM Post #133 of 309
fractus, I had to remove the link to the document.

Earlier in the thread I chimed in and asked for the info, but the more I think about it, the more I realize that this entire thread is a bit questionable from a legal standpoint -- the purpose is to pass around copyrighted material. It's not much different than "trading" MP3s.

Posting a link to download a copy of the material is one rung higher on the illegal ladder.

I'm going to talk this over with Jude and the other moderators to see how "kosher" this thread is -- I think I speak for everyone when I say that I don't want Head-Fi to get into legal trouble.

Aug 8, 2003 at 7:07 AM Post #134 of 309
Quote:

Originally posted by jlo mein
personally i think doing ab workouts won't really do much to kill the fat around the gut. My PE teacher in high school said that you can't target certain body sections of fat, you can only lose fat as a whole. he said the best way was cardio cardio cardio.

Sure, overall fitness is the best way to reduce fat. However, to get rid of fat, you have to "burn it off," and fat is generally burned off by muscles in the vicinity. The more muscle you have around your abdomen, the more calories that are burned in that area, even when at rest.

Aug 8, 2003 at 7:24 AM Post #135 of 309
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF
fractus, I had to remove the link to the document.

Earlier in the thread I chimed in and asked for the info, but the more I think about it, the more I realize that this entire thread is a bit questionable from a legal standpoint -- the purpose is to pass around copyrighted material. It's not much different than "trading" MP3s.

Posting a link to download a copy of the material is one rung higher on the illegal ladder.

I'm going to talk this over with Jude and the other moderators to see how "kosher" this thread is -- I think I speak for everyone when I say that I don't want Head-Fi to get into legal trouble.

np..., took the doc off my server space.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back