Work in Progress: BIG Southeast/Georgia meet.
Nov 23, 2006 at 3:33 AM Post #61 of 138
Anywhere but Jillians. That place is dark, crowded, and loud, and sometimes undesireable types hang around in there. One of my friends used to be a bouncer in there (you might have seen him, "big dave") and he tells all sorts of stories.

I bet my church would be willing to allow us to use its main hall. They occasionally rent it out for different purposes. There are no pews, only chairs, all of which can be moved, or removed. The only problem is that it's probably kind of out of the way for a lot of you guys.

Dec 1, 2006 at 6:22 AM Post #62 of 138
update?

Dec 10, 2006 at 3:33 PM Post #63 of 138
Is this meet dead!
blink.gif

Dec 12, 2006 at 5:46 AM Post #64 of 138
No! It can't be dead! Quick, perform thread CPR and lets get this meet planned out! I will ask around GT again and see if we can get a larger place than the lecture hall we were in last time.

Aditya

Dec 12, 2006 at 11:31 AM Post #65 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by a1rocketpilot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No! It can't be dead! Quick, perform thread CPR and lets get this meet planned out! I will ask around GT again and see if we can get a larger place than the lecture hall we were in last time.

Aditya

There are plenty of places with space; the question is which ones we can commandeer. The top floor of the student center has several rooms including that large auditorium. Open space like that would be ideal (though I doubt we'll have much luck in getting that particular room).

Dec 13, 2006 at 8:06 PM Post #67 of 138
Update: I've been insanely busy with exams of late; I'm pretty much all done, and I'll be looking into options of renting out space in motels around Gwinnett (Atlanta would just be too damn expensive). If it's an affordable price, and several of us are willing to contribute, we may be able to go that route. Meanwhile, you Techies look into spaces up there. I have one room here in Athens I might be able to swing, but if something else is planned conflicting that day, it'd be out of the question.

Dec 16, 2006 at 12:30 AM Post #69 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoppergrass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
original quote by Mrarroyo: "Athens is a peculiar place, there is something called the UGA. But lets not discuss it and pass it along. Ok I lied, I do have a comment: BE KIND TO ANIMALS, DATE A UGA COED!"

so you've seen our foxes, Mrarroyo?

Yes I have, except it was 25 plus years ago. Heck I even dated one for a short while
wink.gif

Dec 19, 2006 at 12:40 PM Post #70 of 138
Well things have changed and I will be able to make it. So me and my friend jordan will be down there, wherever its decided to have it. I would help look for a place, but I'm way out of the Atl area and would have no clue where to start looking.
-greg

Dec 19, 2006 at 7:48 PM Post #71 of 138
One suggestion is to check out the local VFW posts (if you know a vet that can get us in), they are usually pretty resonable and the drinks are cheap!

Dec 20, 2006 at 6:34 AM Post #72 of 138
Okay, a meeting room at the best positioned Country Inn & Suites I could find (Stone Mountain--Atlanta would be too crowded and expensive) was $85. It's 500 square feet, which SHOULD be enough. If we can put our cash together to reserve it for the 13th, we'll be good. Everyone who's interested in this idea, PM, IM or e-mail me and let me know how much you'd be willing to contribute at maximum, and if we have enough contributors, we can just split the cost evenly. I'll be on the look out for cheaper/freer locations, but in the meantime, until someone has another suggestion, do let me know what you guys think.

Dec 20, 2006 at 7:17 AM Post #73 of 138
If I can't get a room at GT, then that will probably be best. I'm in Columbus right now, so when I get back on Jan 7th, I will take another look and see.

Aditya

Dec 25, 2006 at 2:11 PM Post #75 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by phergus_25 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is the thread still going that highlited what everyone is bringing?
-greg

Actually, I was just going to update the first post of THIS thread for space saving sake, but now that you've created another one, we can go ahead and use that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back