Work in Progress: BIG Southeast/Georgia meet.
Oct 31, 2006 at 3:05 AM Post #16 of 138
First week of January sounds good to me, unless an overwhelming number of other people can't make it during this time. mrarroyo, is the RS1 travel-shy? We've never really had good Grado representation.

Oct 31, 2006 at 3:31 AM Post #17 of 138
I'm new to all of this site, but marveled that there are so many members around ATL! You guys ever have any competitions of attendance from other areas?

As far as I know, I'll be able to make it to my first meet...unless I sporatically get called to a business trip to Washington DC..currently have Senns: modded 580/ 595....will be getting a 501 this week! Have a Headroom amp for anyone wondering about those.....

Oct 31, 2006 at 6:46 AM Post #18 of 138
I have been lurking around this site for a couple of weeks and i would be very interested in a meet. i am new to the audiophile comunity so all i have is HD650 which should be comming in a couple of days. I cant wait to try those on.

600smile.gif

Oct 31, 2006 at 7:05 AM Post #19 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by umar456
I have been lurking around this site for a couple of weeks and i would be very interested in a meet. i am new to the audiophile comunity so all i have is HD650 which should be comming in a couple of days. I cant wait to try those on.

600smile.gif

Hey!! I live in the morrow area. Nice to know there are headfiers in that region. Anyways, im in. Equipment will include...
headphones: modded akg k340, stax srx mk3, sony ecr-500.
Amps: kenwood stereo integrated amp, darkvoice tha336
Source: dac67(dac in the box), toshiba sd4960

Oct 31, 2006 at 10:41 PM Post #20 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyvn
First week of January sounds good to me, unless an overwhelming number of other people can't make it during this time. mrarroyo, is the RS1 travel-shy? We've never really had good Grado representation.

That sweet Grado Mahogany is not used to those COLD HotAtlanta winters (cold is relative as compared to the warm and sunny Florida). But I just might bring them.

Oct 31, 2006 at 11:07 PM Post #22 of 138
What is the weather like in Atlanta in January? I've never spent much time there and would really like to spend a long weekend exploring but don't want to freeze my butt off. Maybe I'll have to come at another time of the year? Or am I being a wimp? Athens would be cool too. Never been there.

Oct 31, 2006 at 11:21 PM Post #23 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
What is the weather like in Atlanta in January? I've never spent much time there and would really like to spend a long weekend exploring but don't want to freeze my butt off. Maybe I'll have to come at another time of the year? Or am I being a wimp? Athens would be cool too. Never been there.

HotAtlanta is great, it really is not that cold is just windy and wet. Which means you will be cold and miserable with all the wind and moisture, of course you could get lucky and hit a dry/sunny spell.

Athens is a peculiar place, there is something called the UGA. But lets not discuss it and pass it along. Ok I lied, I do have a comment: BE KIND TO ANIMALS, DATE A UGA COED!
very_evil_smiley.gif

06-annual-report.jpg

Oct 31, 2006 at 11:24 PM Post #24 of 138
Quote:

Its hit and miss. But compared to where your at, you will probably find it a little on the chili side of neutral.
That said.....the sweet spot in front of my speakers is heated by the JC-1 monoblocks. Your more than welcome to warm your buns to there beginning watts of class A power. Also have an extra bed.

Nov 1, 2006 at 10:17 AM Post #25 of 138
I live in Beaufort SC and would love to attend. Once details are firm I can make arrangements to be there. I should be able to fit a couple folks if someone wants to go from Charleston or Savannah. I have A little dot 2, little dot micro, Beyer DT990 pro, EC2, CX300

Terry

Nov 1, 2006 at 6:06 PM Post #26 of 138
Not sure if I can make it, but I will try. I will be gone for a month and won't come back until the new year. After the new year, I will be more occupied and has less time for headphones. I will tune to this thread for more details.

Purk

Nov 1, 2006 at 6:32 PM Post #27 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
Its hit and miss. But compared to where your at, you will probably find it a little on the chili side of neutral.
That said.....the sweet spot in front of my speakers is heated by the JC-1 monoblocks. Your more than welcome to warm your buns to there beginning watts of class A power. Also have an extra bed.

Oh, cool! I'd probably take you up on this offer, mostly just to hang out and listen to music, chat about the good old SDS days when a chassis was a chassis in a 'real man' kind of way, that sort of thing.

Nov 1, 2006 at 6:58 PM Post #28 of 138
Quote:

Oh, cool! I'd probably take you up on this offer, mostly just to hang out and listen to music, chat about the good old SDS days when a chassis was a chassis in a 'real man' kind of way, that sort of thing.

If you plan to be here, then I will do my best to be at the meet. My SDS is with Mikhail now getting some upgrades, which include high power tubes and retune for the R10s, blackgates, high capacitance output, and additional headphone jack.

Nov 1, 2006 at 10:42 PM Post #29 of 138
Quote:

It's not cold, not by any real standards. High range of temperatures, though; ANywhere from 30s to 70s, the latter being uncommon but it definitely has happened. (It's been 85 in DECEMBER here before). Athens is climatically pretty similar to Atlanta, only much less pollution, and therefore a little cooler because of that, along with the shade from the manifold trees. It's a lot different than Atlanta with regards to appearance and layout, though. If you've ever been to Austin, Texas, Athens is very much like it.

Nov 1, 2006 at 10:43 PM Post #30 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
HotAtlanta is great, it really is not that cold is just windy and wet. Which means you will be cold and miserable with all the wind and moisture, of course you could get lucky and hit a dry/sunny spell.

Athens is a peculiar place, there is something called the UGA. But lets not discuss it and pass it along. Ok I lied, I do have a comment: BE KIND TO ANIMALS, DATE A UGA COED!
very_evil_smiley.gif

06-annual-report.jpg

The fact that you actually said coed just demolished any sorts of insult you can level at UGA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back