Woo's New Flagship WA33
Feb 24, 2024 at 11:37 PM Post #3,091 of 3,199
Im not using a WA33 but a Stellaris, I wonder what the jump from a pair of Linlai Global Elites to Tak would do. Hmmm
Taks are known for their 3D sound. They have good bass too, but not Elrog bass from what I've heard (though I've never had a chance to own the elrogs because they stopped taking orders when I tried to buy them a few months ago). I'd say you can't go wrong with Taks. The 1 year warranty is annoying, but it's kinda an industry standard, unfortunately.

Feb 24, 2024 at 11:39 PM Post #3,092 of 3,199
Taks are known for their 3D sound. They have good bass too, but not Elrog bass from what I've heard (though I've never had a chance to own the elrogs because they stopped taking orders when I tried to buy them a few months ago). I'd say you can't go wrong with Taks. The 1 year warranty is annoying, but it's kinda an industry standard, unfortunately.
Woo the best place to grab them?

Feb 24, 2024 at 11:44 PM Post #3,093 of 3,199
Woo the best place to grab them?
I don't know about that, but that is where I bought them. You might be able to find them cheaper somewhere else, but they are expensive. I'd personally go through Woo though

Feb 25, 2024 at 4:39 AM Post #3,094 of 3,199
Are we talking about rectifiers or 2A3?
There are no Elrog 2A3, never have been since Elrog became good

Feb 25, 2024 at 4:42 AM Post #3,095 of 3,199
Are we talking about rectifiers or 2A3?
There are no Elrog 2A3, never have been since Elrog became good
Rec and 2a3. I didn’t know they didn’t make a 2a3. I confused the two.

Feb 26, 2024 at 11:21 AM Post #3,097 of 3,199
invited a friend over besides trying to land in Gibraltar on x=plane, mucho toots, gave him a listen to the system. normal audio folk. jaw dropping experience, "I see how you would get lost listening"

Feb 27, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #3,098 of 3,199
just an fyi, my vibration plate arrived and microphonics are gone.

Feb 28, 2024 at 12:53 PM Post #3,099 of 3,199
Feb 28, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #3,100 of 3,199
Mar 4, 2024 at 9:20 AM Post #3,101 of 3,199
wow a few weeks in this just gets better and better.

bruce-lee-bow..gif

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 12:32 AM Post #3,103 of 3,199
I might buy another quad of Tak 2A3s as a backup. That way I'll have spares of everything (I already have a spare Tak 274b and double spares of the 417as). The Tak 2A3s are nice. The KRs are too. I think you could be happy with either, but I like the added 3D-ness of the Taks though.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 12:53 AM Post #3,104 of 3,199
Drunk ramblings me....the WA33 EE JPS is really the best thing you can buy. Fukc the AIC-10; it gets muddy. To be fair, I haven't heard the Primavera, but I can't imagine it being much better, but maybe....I don't know :thinking:

I'm never selling the WA33 EE JPS (famous last words, I know :beyersmile:). I might sell off this CFA3 though. It really doesn't do much for me except give the tiniest of bass boost to the Sus. It's over-rated. Though, it is great for a $3.5K amp. It gives maybe 70% of the sound of the WA33, but I want that 30% 🤷‍♂️

Long story, short, the WA33 EE JPS is still the best. Woo hit it outta the park. The 3ES Elite, not so much. It's like 90% of the sound of the T2 though, but I shoulda got the T2 instead. However, I'm out of stats....not enough bass. I'm done with that sh!t. Raals will give me the resolution when I want it, and the CA is like my 2nd favorite pair of headphones after the TCs at the moment, though I'm still in a honeymoon phase with the Valkyria. TC + WA33 EE JPS can't be beat, probably not even by the HE-1, though I need to give it a more thorough listen. But TC + WA33 EE JPS might be the most perfect pairing in all of summit-fi :metal::pill:

Mar 9, 2024 at 1:28 AM Post #3,105 of 3,199
Drunk ramblings me....the WA33 EE JPS is really the best thing you can buy. Fukc the AIC-10; it gets muddy. To be fair, I haven't heard the Primavera, but I can't imagine it being much better, but maybe....I don't know :thinking:

I'm never selling the WA33 EE JPS (famous last words, I know :beyersmile:). I might sell off this CFA3 though. It really doesn't do much for me except give the tiniest of bass boost to the Sus. It's over-rated. Though, it is great for a $3.5K amp. It gives maybe 70% of the sound of the WA33, but I want that 30% 🤷‍♂️

Long story, short, the WA33 EE JPS is still the best. Woo hit it outta the park. The 3ES Elite, not so much. It's like 90% of the sound of the T2 though, but I shoulda got the T2 instead. However, I'm out of stats....not enough bass. I'm done with that sh!t. Raals will give me the resolution when I want it, and the CA is like my 2nd favorite pair of headphones after the TCs at the moment, though I'm still in a honeymoon phase with the Valkyria. TC + WA33 EE JPS can't be beat, probably not even by the HE-1, though I need to give it a more thorough listen. But TC + WA33 EE JPS might be the most perfect pairing in all of summit-fi :metal::pill:
preach brother!

My 23 is sitting unused for last few months... I should sell it.

fwiw hearing that MU2 is not better than MU1 + MMT... from a dealer on YT... probably can't be trusted. Hans dropped the Mu1 Dave for MU2... and Modded Dave defo better than MMT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back