Woo's New Flagship WA33
Feb 15, 2024 at 10:03 PM Post #3,076 of 3,212
To bad it looks like my kr 2a3 are producing some right channel static/distortion…switched out systematically to find out. i Did like what I heard until the right channel thang happened. Oh well sound is awesome with stock power tubes And new rectifier and driver. Call woo up tomorrow and see what we do.

that's a bummer. but also, sometimes new tubes take a while to settle down. in a converse scenario.. my Elrog 5u4g tube was very quiet for first few weeks, but now have faint pinging and tick sounds for first 20 min or so, but then become silent after.

Feb 16, 2024 at 10:31 AM Post #3,077 of 3,212
sooo, the right channel static seemed to get worse so stock electro harmonix are back and sq is back to great. however before deteriorating the kr sounded pretty good, probably an improvement in a more relaxed detail and depth, but stock is fine. so lets see what woo usa in long island does for canada customers with faulty tubes.

Feb 17, 2024 at 7:50 AM Post #3,079 of 3,212
so after communicating with woo, looks like some posters who suggested let it burn in, yup that's the advice. let it rip for a 7 hour session yesterday, just checked in to see now and then, if now my left channel background static, settled down. well barely can hear it today, let it rip today and now its totally cool to actually listen too. The new tubes bloomed up nice, relaxed yet detail depth and imagery, muah. more in the future.
sorry for thread domination, just temporary...

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #3,080 of 3,212
so after communicating with woo, looks like some posters who suggested let it burn in, yup that's the advice. let it rip for a 7 hour session yesterday, just checked in to see now and then, if now my left channel background static, settled down. well barely can hear it today, let it rip today and now its totally cool to actually listen too. The new tubes bloomed up nice, relaxed yet detail depth and imagery, muah. more in the future.
sorry for thread domination, just temporary...
Keep us posted on how long they last please. Tks.

Feb 17, 2024 at 1:43 PM Post #3,081 of 3,212
Keep us posted on how long they last please. Tks.
sure, i was told kr audio tubes have a long life, and by the by, can't hear any noise now, took maybe 10 hours to settle.

Feb 19, 2024 at 8:28 AM Post #3,082 of 3,212
sound is fantastic after the weekend. however i did noticed microphonic if i knocked the table or pounded my mouse, not that I'm pounding my mouse or desk but thought i might need a vibration plate for my 33. just in caseys
looking at IsoAcoustics zaZen 2.
thanks woo for doing what you do

Feb 22, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #3,084 of 3,212
Finally getting to listen to my takatsuki 2a3s as I haven't had a dac in my system for 6 months. Will report back what I think!

Feb 22, 2024 at 5:48 PM Post #3,085 of 3,212
Finally getting to listen to my takatsuki 2a3s as I haven't had a dac in my system for 6 months. Will report back what I think!

After a few months with the Tak 2A3s, I really like them a lot. They are an improvement over the KRs, though it might take a little burn in to get to that space. Glad to hear you are back to listening again :L3000:

Feb 22, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #3,086 of 3,212
After a few months with the Tak 2A3s, I really like them a lot. They are an improvement over the KRs, though it might take a little burn in to get to that space. Glad to hear you are back to listening again :L3000:
Yeh I get the feeling they are gonna take hundreds of hours to sound their best. Vocals are a big improvement over my previous eml 2a3s and yes slowly getting back into the hobby after 6 months off.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2024 at 2:43 PM Post #3,087 of 3,212
Recently I tried going back to the electro-harmonix 2A3's that came with this amp, and found them to have a lot more bass punch than the KR Audio. How would you rank the Takatsuki 2A3's for their bass response compared to those two?

Feb 24, 2024 at 10:14 AM Post #3,088 of 3,212
Takatsuki tubes look the sexiest if that's a proper metaphor. my rectifier really added clarity while tightening up and adding depth? is that possible. regardless kr i preferred 023 over Electrolux but preferred is dubious term. i found stock more tubey little looser, but had great imagery.... but we got to put in the hours, it feels like ongoing evolution. there's no losers here, imo

Feb 24, 2024 at 11:12 PM Post #3,089 of 3,212
Recently I tried going back to the electro-harmonix 2A3's that came with this amp, and found them to have a lot more bass punch than the KR Audio. How would you rank the Takatsuki 2A3's for their bass response compared to those two?
I haven't listened to the stock tubes once since I got my EE JPS. I'd say the bass on the Taks are similar to the KRs. The 3D sound is better on the Taks though. Honestly, the jump from the KR to the Tak 2A3s wasn't as big as I'd hoped, but it was worth it. The KRs are just really good too.

Feb 24, 2024 at 11:35 PM Post #3,090 of 3,212
Im not using a WA33 but a Stellaris, I wonder what the jump from a pair of Linlai Global Elites to Tak would do. Hmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back