Woo's New Flagship WA33
Mar 9, 2024 at 1:36 AM Post #3,106 of 3,205
preach brother!

My 23 is sitting unused for last few months... I should sell it.

fwiw hearing that MU2 is not better than MU1 + MMT... from a dealer on YT... probably can't be trusted. Hans dropped the Mu1 Dave for MU2... and Modded Dave defo better than MMT.
Glad to hear it. My modded mDAVE is the sh!t, though I still want to upgrade at some point. MSB/DCS type of sh!t, but I still need a home demo (which is next to impossible where I live). I really don't know what MSB or DCS can do that my modded mDAVE can't do, but still I wonder :thinking:

I feel like my setup is almost perfect at the moment. It could be better, yes, but in what and which way, I dunno. I got the Valk, and have the Raal 3 Ribbon on order. I don't know what else I can do to up my setup, other than getting an HE-1, which might not even be better, but just a side-grade. Summit-fi sh!t around here :imp:

Mar 9, 2024 at 1:38 AM Post #3,107 of 3,205
Glad to hear it. My modded mDAVE is the sh!t, though I still want to upgrade at some point. MSB/DCS type of sh!t, but I still need a home demo (which is next to impossible where I live). I really don't know what MSB or DCS can do that my modded mDAVE can't do, but still I wonder :thinking:

I feel like my setup is almost perfect at the moment. It could be better, yes, but in what and which way, I dunno. I got the Valk, and have the Raal 3 Ribbon on order. I don't know what else I can do to up my setup, other than getting an HE-1, which might not even be better, but just a side-grade. Summit-fi sh!t around here :imp:
I don't think the hE1 would be a step up in any way from 33e + modded Dave + U22 or Abyss... no chance.

Mar 9, 2024 at 1:40 AM Post #3,108 of 3,205
I don't think the hE1 would be a step up in any way from 33e + modded Dave + U22 or Abyss... no chance.
I agree, but I only heard the HE-1 for a short period of time. It was very nice. It didn't have Shang Sr resolution, and it didn't have TC bass, but the collection of sounds was nice. I'd like to have it at some point, I even considered buying one these past few months, but really, it would be a side-grade.

Mar 9, 2024 at 1:43 AM Post #3,109 of 3,205
I agree, but I only heard the HE-1 for a short period of time. It was very nice. It didn't have Shang Sr resolution, and it didn't have TC bass, but the collection of sounds was nice. I'd like to have it at some point, I even considered buying one these past few months, but really, it would be a side-grade.
without the bass.. it would be a step down. bass is more than grunt... its the 3d meat that holds everything together... id rather sacrifice resolution for this anyday. my guess you would buy it and sell it

Mar 9, 2024 at 2:08 AM Post #3,110 of 3,205
without the bass.. it would be a step down. bass is more than grunt... its the 3d meat that holds everything together... id rather sacrifice resolution for this anyday. my guess you would buy it and sell it
Maybe, but I'd still like to have it in my collection for a bit. I think it's too late anyway. You can't buy them anymore, or at least not right now. I agree on the bass thing though, but HE-1 bass is really good, especially considering it's an estat. It's not like typical estat bass at all. It's worth a listen if you get a chance. I'd use a separate dac though. The internal dac on the HE-1 is kinda meh. Still, it's not likely to beat the WA33 EE JPS + TC combo. I like the U22 off the WA33, but I sold the U22 because it became redundant. It didn't do anything better than any of my other headphones. I actually like the OG Utopia over the new ones because the treble is better on the OG. I guess the bass is better off the new ones though, but still, it's not touching TC levels.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 2:17 AM Post #3,111 of 3,205
Maybe, but I'd still like to have it in my collection for a bit. I think it's too late anyway. You can't buy them anymore, or at least not right now. I agree on the bass thing though, but HE-1 bass is really good, especially considering it's an estat. It's not like typical estat bass at all. It's worth a listen if you get a chance. I'd use a separate dac though. The internal dac on the HE-1 is kinda meh. Still, it's not likely to beat the WA33 EE JPS + TC combo. I like the U22 off the WA33, but I sold the U22 because it became redundant. It didn't do anything better than any of my other headphones. I actually like the OG Utopia over the new ones because the treble is better on the OG. I guess the bass is better off the new ones though, but still, it's not touching TC levels.
you have to be your dealers best friend lol

Mar 9, 2024 at 5:47 AM Post #3,112 of 3,205
I might buy another quad of Tak 2A3s as a backup. That way I'll have spares of everything (I already have a spare Tak 274b and double spares of the 417as). The Tak 2A3s are nice. The KRs are too. I think you could be happy with either, but I like the added 3D-ness of the Taks though.
So you found aome 417a backup, nice. I remember ssarching for them for a while.
Drunk ramblings me....the WA33 EE JPS is really the best thing you can buy. Fukc the AIC-10; it gets muddy. To be fair, I haven't heard the Primavera, but I can't imagine it being much better, but maybe....I don't know :thinking:

I'm never selling the WA33 EE JPS (famous last words, I know :beyersmile:). I might sell off this CFA3 though. It really doesn't do much for me except give the tiniest of bass boost to the Sus. It's over-rated. Though, it is great for a $3.5K amp. It gives maybe 70% of the sound of the WA33, but I want that 30% 🤷‍♂️

Long story, short, the WA33 EE JPS is still the best. Woo hit it outta the park. The 3ES Elite, not so much. It's like 90% of the sound of the T2 though, but I shoulda got the T2 instead. However, I'm out of stats....not enough bass. I'm done with that sh!t. Raals will give me the resolution when I want it, and the CA is like my 2nd favorite pair of headphones after the TCs at the moment, though I'm still in a honeymoon phase with the Valkyria. TC + WA33 EE JPS can't be beat, probably not even by the HE-1, though I need to give it a more thorough listen. But TC + WA33 EE JPS might be the most perfect pairing in all of summit-fi :metal::pill:
I'd like to believe that the Feliks Envy Anniversary Edition is at least on par with the Wa33 EE JPS.
Unfortunately the Wa33 is the one high end amplifier that never makes it to european shows.

FWIW the regular Envy beat the Wa23 Luna.

Mar 9, 2024 at 8:31 AM Post #3,113 of 3,205

I'd like to believe that the Feliks Envy Anniversary Edition is at least on par with the Wa33 EE JPS.
Unfortunately the Wa33 is the one high end amplifier that never makes it to european shows.

Mar 9, 2024 at 8:56 AM Post #3,114 of 3,205
1709992579796.png

Mar 9, 2024 at 11:37 AM Post #3,115 of 3,205

the envy is IMHO so good that it is probably 90% of any amp no matter cost...it has been a revelation to me but there is always better and that goes for everything lol

Mar 10, 2024 at 6:07 AM Post #3,117 of 3,205
Selling my emission labs 2a3 quad set if anyone is interested check the classifieds

Mar 16, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #3,118 of 3,205
Doing a bit of tube rolling, and going back to the Takatsuki 2A3’s. Which don’t have the bass or holographic sound of my KR’s. I think my KR’s have several hundred hours on them and the Taka have maybe around 30. For some reason my KR’s have started to sound a touch boomy/thick as I compared it to my Zahl so I decided to plug in the Taka.

Can anyone tell me how the Taka sound evolves over time. It’s just not as satisfying as I remember my KR’s being.

Mar 16, 2024 at 12:33 PM Post #3,119 of 3,205
Doing a bit of tube rolling, and going back to the Takatsuki 2A3’s. Which don’t have the bass or holographic sound of my KR’s. I think my KR’s have several hundred hours on them and the Taka have maybe around 30. For some reason my KR’s have started to sound a touch boomy/thick as I compared it to my Zahl so I decided to plug in the Taka.

Can anyone tell me how the Taka sound evolves over time. It’s just not as satisfying as I remember my KR’s being.
I've put hundreds and hundreds of hours on my takatsuki's 2a3s and they are sounding damn amazing now compared to when i first got them. Never had krs so can't say

Mar 17, 2024 at 8:52 AM Post #3,120 of 3,205

Users who are viewing this thread

Back