Woodied Sennheiser aka SennGrado Tour Thread
Sep 30, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #106 of 218
  Just got em yesterday. Replacement drivers should arrive tomorrow and they oughta be back on the road by the weekend. 

very cool! 

Oct 1, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #108 of 218
Let the reconstructive surgery begin!

...it's (almost) ALIVE!

Glad to see they are almost back on the circuit...more folks need to hear these things...

Oct 1, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #109 of 218

Let the reconstructive surgery begin!

Very nice!! Hey @JoeDoe , sent you a pm requesting to go further back into the tour than next. I think it would play well into other peoples schedule and sorta keep things on schedule sorta speak. Even if I'm last person on tour that's fine as well. 

Oct 2, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #110 of 218
I removed the PX-100ii drivers very easily following wje's guide. They slid out of the headband housing with very little effort, but I ran into a minor issue.

The driver on one of the two comes out of housing that should stay on, but just on one side. Not sure if the adhesive gave out or what.

I was going to just superglue it back in but was wondering if anyone else had any input or suggestions on the matter?

Oct 2, 2014 at 1:58 AM Post #111 of 218
I removed the PX-100ii drivers very easily following @wje's guide. They slid out of the headband housing with very little effort, but I ran into a minor issue.

The driver on one of the two comes out of housing that should stay on, but just on one side. Not sure if the adhesive gave out or what.

I was going to just superglue it back in but was wondering if anyone else had any input or suggestions on the matter?

I've experienced that issue with a few of the drivers.  In my case, I just used a few small drops of hot glue and it held together nicely.  Fortunately, the black grill is just a piece for the driver to mount into and isn't integrated with the driver - or not in the sense of how a Grado driver is constructed.  Damage to the driver in your case should not have occurred.

If you do use super glue, I'd use a toothpick.  Place a drop of the glue onto the toothpick and quickly align the toothpick/glue on the area to adhere.  I'd apply it to 3 or 4 areas to keep the assembly held together.  Not using a toothpick can be risky - if you squeezed the tube too hard, it could wreck the driver.  Also, you might find a gel-based  super glue would work best as opposed to the more thinned out version.

Oct 2, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #112 of 218
I've experienced that issue with a few of the drivers.  In my case, I just used a few small drops of hot glue and it held together nicely.  Fortunately, the black grill is just a piece for the driver to mount into and isn't integrated with the driver - or not in the sense of how a Grado driver is constructed.  Damage to the driver in your case should not have occurred.

If you do use super glue, I'd use a toothpick.  Place a drop of the glue onto the toothpick and quickly align the toothpick/glue on the area to adhere.  I'd apply it to 3 or 4 areas to keep the assembly held together.  Not using a toothpick can be risky - if you squeezed the tube too hard, it could wreck the driver.  Also, you might find a gel-based  super glue would work best as opposed to the more thinned out version.

I think I'll give the hot glue a go first. Good tip for the superglue. Thank you.

Oct 3, 2014 at 3:35 AM Post #114 of 218
  Alright. Repairs complete. @Soundsgoodtome has asked if we can move him to the end of the tour, so they'll be headed to @Mshenay tomorrow morning. Thanks for your patience guys!

Huzzah, actually that's some really epic timing. Starting October 15'th my schedule will get SUPER busy and very Crampted q.q 

Oct 7, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #116 of 218
O'schiit, the headphone arrived today [well yesterday, but USPS in my area has a bad habbit of waiting a day after "delivery" to get it into my Villages locked boxes] . I'll be doing introductory listen at home today in about 2 hours.  

Oct 7, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #117 of 218
I've got them on my head, and I'm a little impressed honestly! They don't sound to bad 

The comfort is terrible though, those pads aren't doing much for me lol 

Oct 7, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #119 of 218
You can thank fleasbaby for those. 

I like to give credit where credit is due. LOL

LMAO...hey now, those are stock Grado L-Cush! Nothing funky there! Grado pads definitely aren't for the faint of heart though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back