WooAudio WA6 or Burson HA 160Ds or Little Dot MK3 pair with LCD-3 ???
Dec 12, 2011 at 10:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

leinikca

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone!

I am very new to this forum. I am looking for advices from professionals in here.

I am planning to purchase the Audeze LCD-3 for my home audio system. And the Amp to pair with are:

A: WooAudio WA6
B: Burson HA 160Ds
C: Little Dot MK3

Professionals! Please advice me which one to choose? I listen to all kind of music (Slow rock, R&B, Vocal).

Really appreciate for help!

Dec 12, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #2 of 18
Can you just get a power amp?

If you cant, do you think you would prefer the sound of the Woo6 or the Burson thingy based on what you have read and your own personal preferences? Buy that one. Dont get that LD amp for those headphones. 

Dec 12, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #3 of 18
Hello and welcome to headfi!

Im not much into tubes (my preferences are SS amps) but from what i've seen the burson have good synergy with Audeze. 
Darku (another head-fi'er) wrote a review of the Ds + LCD-2's. 

I assume it works well with the Lcd-3. 

Dec 13, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #5 of 18
i tried the lcd3 with the burson 160d and thought the soundstage was very congested. i also don't think u should spend all ur money on an amp and headphone if u don't already have a good dac..

Dec 13, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #6 of 18
Here´s a nice review from skylab for the lcd-3, he talks about the synergy with different amps, he uses some expensive amps though...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/578219/review-audeze-lcd-3-planar-magnetic-headphones

Dec 13, 2011 at 11:31 AM Post #11 of 18
I would say take your pick of any good quality 10 to 60w stereo amp. I would lean towards the lower end of the range, but it may be hard to find something at 30W or less. 

Used prices for these are pretty good on Audiogon, and other places. Certainly no worse than the HP amps. 

I'm generally not a "power first" kind of listener, but orthos really open up when they have more of a brute force amp behind them that can slap the crap out of them when necessary. Headphone amps lean towards more finesse than brute power which IMO works better for conventional dynamic headphones. 

Dec 13, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #12 of 18

Quote:
i tried the lcd3 with the burson 160d and thought the soundstage was very congested. 

Really? which other amps have you tried? 

Op, do you have the chance to try/demo gear where you live? 

Dec 13, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #14 of 18
I wouldn't say thick and congested are the same at all. The AD900 I used to have was thin and congested sounding to my ears. To me congested just means the instruments are too close to one another. It sounded like the bass player was pushed right up against the guitar player, well when you could hear the bass anyway. I have a Burson on order for my PRO2900s, I'm hoping to thicken the sound up a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back