WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Nov 10, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #679 of 2,600
I know its been confirmed that the WA7 can work with iPad via CCK with iOS 6. Can anyone confirm if iPad/iPhone with ios7 and CCK still work with the WA7?

Yes, iOS 7 works fine with the CCK. In fact I it also works with an iPhone, while iOS 6 did not you might need to use a powered to avoid a "low power" dialog.

Nov 10, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #680 of 2,600
So I guess I'm getting in addition to the WA7 for my T1 an outlet (Furman) cable (Audioquest Cinnamon) and USB isolator (hifimediy) and the EH tubes...I'm assuming I should wait for black friday? those seem to be within my budget...can anyone recommend any other brands I should look at/sales?

Nov 10, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #681 of 2,600
my WA7 is here!! i got the TH900 yesterday and didn't burn it nor the WA7 yet, still i feel like it is one of a hell nice amp! dead silence! i can't wait till i am do with the burn in phase :p 

Nov 10, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #683 of 2,600
Glad you finally received it!
Are you getting the sparkling treble you prefer?

not yet :/ still burning the TH900 and the WA7 ( EH golden pins), even the TH600 had more bass and treble! since i got it burned :p need to wait 1-2 weeks at least :< really hate the burning in phase -.-''

Update: gave it 6 hours! the mids are way nicer on the WA7's EH tubes! (note: skipped the stock tubes since i am not a fan of the n shape sound sig), the Treble and bass started to break in and its nice , the treble sounded better on the M-Stage since i already burned that amp in, yet the mids isnt the same on the M-Stage!! the WA7 make it more U shaped than the M-Stage!! 

now need to burn the WA7 more so later it does tremble the bass/treble of the M-Stage >=) 

Nov 11, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #684 of 2,600
Posted this in the sponsor thread but perhaps its better to ask here:

What do you guys think of the Wa7 and the HE500 pairing? Have the WA7 on the way but that was before I heard the HE6s. Eying the 500s as my next pair of headphones so just wondering if anyone here had any wisdom to share.

Also, what does the rumored new powersupply upgrade improve on?

Nov 11, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #685 of 2,600
The Wa7 HE500 is my favorite combo at the moment its just dreamy
Compared to my violectric it is less detailed and the treble is slightly weaker but the overall character and timbre is much more pleasant, less analytical
Don't know anything about the new PS other than it is still in early prototype stage

Nov 11, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #686 of 2,600
Compared to my violectric it is less detailed and the treble is slightly weaker but the overall character and timbre is much more pleasant, less analytical
Don't know anything about the new PS other than it is still in early prototype stage

I wonder, is WA7 just pure magic with ortho's? Because with my Paradox(T50RP mod) its also magical.

Nov 11, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #688 of 2,600
  I don't think I can recall a negative review of the Wa7 with anything it seems to be "magic" all round.

I wouldn't say its magical with my HD650. Its a good combo, but nowhere near the combo of the WA7/Paradox.

Nov 11, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #689 of 2,600

Good to know, I think I will give this combo a shot and order the HE500s. 

Some concerns, I am more of a treble guy and I enjoy listening to fast paced music. Maybe the eq will help a bit here?

Nov 11, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #690 of 2,600
  I wouldn't say its magical with my HD650. Its a good combo, but nowhere near the combo of the WA7/Paradox.

Agree, personally I prefer the HD650 out of an OTL
Great as the HD650 is, it is a long way behind the HE500 with the Woo
What I find most interesting is the apparent myth-busting nature of the Wa7 in terms of synergy with the HE500, on paper the power is a little to low and the output impedance is way too high

Users who are viewing this thread

Back