WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Feb 4, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #16 of 2,600
Very nice review mate I have been using mine sense it came in on Friday with both my LCD-2's and Grado HF-2,s, and coming from a FiiO E7/E9 setup
I am 100% blown away with the difference I am getting from my headsets. Being that it is my first relatively high end Amp I am very happy with the purchase!

Feb 4, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #17 of 2,600

Just a couple of pics of my set up as well 
beyersmile.png

Feb 4, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #18 of 2,600
The black version looks good in the wild.  I went with the sexy smokey look too.  Umm, wait, it's going to work...  Correction:  I went with the dark understated look too.

Feb 4, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #19 of 2,600
Nice set up Bender! I was wondering how it sounded with LCD2! Any chance you could try your cans on a local dealers Pan AM, id be VERY curious as to the outcome!!!! The Pan Am was praised HARD for its synergy with the LCD2, I dont have an LCD2 with me to check, but based on my experience testing the two with other cans im guessing the WA7 will have an edge here too. Although its hard to guess with planars.

Feb 4, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #20 of 2,600
Quote:
Nice set up Bender! I was wondering how it sounded with LCD2! Any chance you could try your cans on a local dealers Pan AM, id be VERY curious as to the outcome!!!! The Pan Am was praised HARD for its synergy with the LCD2, I dont have an LCD2 with me to check, but based on my experience testing the two with other cans im guessing the WA7 will have an edge here too. Although its hard to guess with planars.

That's a good idea Big I was really considering The Pan Am before i jumped on the WA7. I kind of doubt we have a local dealer for one
but next time I am out of town in Miami or Orlando I will check! Also the Atlanta meet in May I am hoping to have a lot to compare with there as well!

Feb 5, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #23 of 2,600
Quote:

THanks a bunch man. Yeah we all want our gear cheaper! Truth is its worth the money, and i never thought id say that, but it is. Not only because its just that good, but because you can see and feel what was spent creating it. After seeing it and hearing it for the first time i  immediately made enquiries as to where it was made and the size of his operation...I wonder if Jack is actually profiting to be honest. He almost went too far on quality compared to any other sub $2000 audio devices ive owned or reviewed lately. Apart from the glass top, its the hidden screws, simplicity, and power supply that get me (the powersupply is built better than most amps). On the glass, I never even knew glass came that clear, and i work with public and private aquariums!
www.facebook.com/exoticaquatic

By watching the waiting times increase every few days like this, and knowing how much A2A  wants as much stock as they can get their hands on, im guessing Jack is selling units faster than he can make them!

re your edit: Oh, yeah, i guess im desensitised to my own speak. i should edit that shouldnt i? :D

This is extremely off-topic. I"m just posting to say that your aquariums are beautiful lol =D

Feb 5, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #25 of 2,600
How are you guys getting these so early?

I just got the shipping notice for mine ... and it won't be until the end of March. 
frown.gif

I'm just late in the queue?

Feb 5, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #26 of 2,600
Man I'm dying here. It says mine won't be here until early March & I thought I ordered early. Oh well...

I would love to hear more feedback on how it sounds with different headphones like the HD800, HE500 or HE6, LCD2 & 3, Beyer 880 600 ohm, etc. it may be a little early for tube rolling reports but any shared would be appreciated.

Great pics, buy the way.

Feb 5, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #27 of 2,600
Quote:
This is extremely off-topic. I"m just posting to say that your aquariums are beautiful lol =D

Why thank you sir. Yep not your average "fish tank". Shame the Australian market isnt as big as the US, EU, or Asian market place or id be actually making money!lol

Quote:
ERMAHGERSH, I just took a look at them too, and they are spectacular 0_0

Thank you thank you. *bows*, I'm glad you like them.

Quote:
How are you guys getting these so early?

I just got the shipping notice for mine ... and it won't be until the end of March. 
frown.gif

I'm just late in the queue?

I ordered + paid Jan 2, I know that was early for Australia, no idea about the rest of the world. Never fret, its certainly worth the wait!!! 

Quote:
Man I'm dying here. It says mine won't be here until early March & I thought I ordered early. Oh well...

I would love to hear more feedback on how it sounds with different headphones like the HD800, HE500 or HE6, LCD2 & 3, Beyer 880 600 ohm, etc. it may be a little early for tube rolling reports but any shared would be appreciated.

Great pics, buy the way.

I was discussing this with a mate who said that this is almost always the case with new production models of boutique audio gear. 1st run is a little slow to keep up. Jacks operation must be pretty big, and obviously very talented, but demand might have washed over supply on this one for now- Im sure they are at max capacity and doing everything they can.

Will do man! Last night I sat with a bran new pair of T50RP and the 7, ill post my findings below now and do my best to get my hands on some of those other cans. Its a long drive for me to get sennheiser though!

Feb 5, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #28 of 2,600
Moved to Page 1, post 7 (coincidentally). Ill keep adding all the "reviewish" parts there to keep things as cohesive as possible? Im open to suggestions for this kinda thing, not great at keeping it neat and tidy.

Thanks 
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back