Woo Audio WDS-1
Aug 25, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #92 of 107
  My new woo audio WDS 1 could not be turned on instantly after it is being switched off. Is it normal?

That is normal.  We've built-in a circuit to protect the digital chips from rapid power cycling.  

I've recently ordered a WDS-1 and it should be with me in about a week or so. I will give impressions and do a comparison with the DAC in my Xonar STX II.

Congratulations!  We look forward to your listening impressions and pics.

Sep 20, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #93 of 107
I've listened too the WDS-1 for a few weeks now and here are my impressions, note that my opinion probably isn't worth much since this setup is pretty much the only one I've listened to:
It looks and feels great, the build quality is amazing!
I've paired it with a WA6-SE and a pair of Audeze LCD-2's. The sound of the DAC is very nice, it has that nice analog tone and I don't think it is bright at all. Very musical, especially through my stereo speaker set up.
I'm not the biggest fan of the WA6-SE but had some hopes that the WDS-1 would take it to the next level. Unfortunately I'm not completely satisfied with the combo, the WDS-1 though I think is great.

My preference is a little darker, warmer yet very dynamic sound and the WA6-SE probably isn't the best choice for that preference, I'm well aware of that.

I think Woo has made a fantastic work with the WDS-1 and I can really recommend it to someone who's looking for a DAC.

Nov 2, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #96 of 107
  Will Woo audio launch a new Windows 10 audio driver software for Woo audio wds-1 as my driver does not work well with Windows 10. Thanks

have you tried uninstalling the driver and then reinstalling?

Nov 10, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #98 of 107
  Will Woo audio launch a new Windows 10 audio driver software for Woo audio wds-1 as my driver does not work well with Windows 10. Thanks

uninstall the current driver and try this one.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zv8d8hs5c21qpdp/CM6631A_WIN10-1.01%28CR%29.zip?dl=0

Quote:
I purchased a WDS 1 at TAVES today. The Woo troops were great to deal with as always. They say no plans to update the unit...

No need to change a good thing for the sake of change. WDS-1 Reference DAC outperforms many higher priced DACs with all the modern buzz words + the kitchen sink.

Nov 17, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #100 of 107
  The driver you send me in the dropbox folder does not work. But anyway thank you for your effort. :)

Were you able to resolve the issue? 

We've had success with that driver for other customers.

Sep 14, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #103 of 107
I have been using a WDS-1 for almost one year. Paired it with a WA22 and WA6. Totally satisfied with the performance and the unit is built tank tough. I have Chord and Sony DACs as well but the Woo remains my work horse. Usual phones are HD800.

Oct 5, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #105 of 107
  I've just received a WDS-1 to go along with my WA22.  First impressions are pretty much what's been said earlier in this thread, exceptionally well built and beautiful object.  I bought this mostly for computer use, but I'm also currently running out of the Toslink on my Sony XA5400ES CD/SACD, balanced and through a Goldpoint XLR switcher, so the WA22 can receive balanced inputs from the Sony and the WDS.  I'm have a very hard time telling the difference, but that's probably a testament to the surprising quality of the Sony more than anything else.  Sound is simply exquisite either way, as much detail as I could ask for and always pleasant.  Still burning in, but I am very pleased, especially with USB operation.  The unit is simple and works without a hitch.

So there is no any issues with the combination of CD player and WDS-1? I know Schiit Bifrost/Gungnir would have a clicking sound with common CD players/transports. And Schiit would even erase the first couple of seconds of a song when using cd players/transports.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back