Woo Audio WDS-1
Mar 28, 2012 at 9:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 107

Audiophilehi

100+ Head-Fier

Hi all,

Has anyone received the Woo Audio WDS-1? It's high on my list as well as the Wyred Dac-2.

Thanks

Mar 28, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #2 of 107
Hi all,
Has anyone received the Woo Audio WDS-1? It's high on my list as well as the Wyred Dac-2.
Thanks

Boh are on my list. Top 2 actually. There's a few threads up already but I'll get my nose in all of them just in case.

If this thing is a knockout I'll be geting this and the matching transport. Here's hoping Jack finally gets some of my money.

Mar 31, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #12 of 107
Just a quick comparison with Bifrost, I would say I prefer the Woo.  I'm not sure it's not new toy syndrom.

As far as features go, the Woo is far better.  The volume control is nice, very nice.  The Woo supports more bit rates.  I can't really hear the difference between the two filters.  Balanced output works well, and you can run both single-ended and balanced at the same time.

Not sure what else there is, it's a DAC and so far I'm happy.

Edit:  It's bigger than I expected.  Not that that is bad.  

Mar 31, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #13 of 107
Just a quick comparison with Bifrost, I would say I prefer the Woo.  I'm not sure it's not new toy syndrom.

As far as features go, the Woo is far better.  The volume control is nice, very nice.  The Woo supports more bit rates.  I can't really hear the difference between the two filters.  Balanced output works well, and you can run both single-ended and balanced at the same time.

I did the measurements and the pair will fit perfectly on one of my VTI rack shelves.

Good to hear initial impressions are positive. Really cool you can run both at the same time.

I still need to get funds togeher but I might go for it within a few weeks.

Mar 31, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #14 of 107

Quote:

Impressions-

Dinner is overrated. How 'bout some pix and more words to follow? This is getting good!
popcorn.gif

Mar 31, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #15 of 107
Pics.

Size compared to Bifrost.

All together.

Front panel.

The thing I really like is I can set the volume at 70/100, and then I can get finer volume control on the WA22.  The stepped attenuator sounds great, but you loss a lot of volume control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back