Woo Audio WA8 Review - Head-Fi TV
Oct 14, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #676 of 903
Woo audio WA8 eclipse is ideal for any type of headphone with impedance no higher than 300 OM. it has a completely black background even with very sensitive iem. The body of the device heats up and the battery works on a full charge for 5-6 hours, the device is made very high quality and looks very beautiful especially in the evening when the lamp lights up

Nov 8, 2021 at 2:58 AM Post #677 of 903
my favorite pairings with WA8 eclipse are:

- Diana v2

- Focal Utopia

- HD800S

- beyer T1 (1st gen)

- AKG K701

- Denon D7000
I’m thinking of getting this amp/dac but also appreciate its been available for quite a long time. Will it continue to be supported for many years? I have a focal stellia. Anybody know if this is a good combo?

Nov 29, 2021 at 11:36 PM Post #678 of 903
I'm curious about the power of this unit. It's rated at 350mw so how can it power HE1000, Dianna and Arya optimally? Is there something I'm missing because those headphones usually run best with 1w at least and good current. (Im not experienced with tube amps tho)

I'm not denying that it can but just curious how it does it (about all the recommended pairing with not the easiest to drive headphones) because I'm considering selling my Cayin C9 for one of these to pair with HE1000V2, but the C9 has 2600mw into 32ohms.

Dec 27, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #679 of 903
I'm curious about the power of this unit. It's rated at 350mw so how can it power HE1000, Dianna and Arya optimally? Is there something I'm missing because those headphones usually run best with 1w at least and good current. (Im not experienced with tube amps tho)

I'm not denying that it can but just curious how it does it (about all the recommended pairing with not the easiest to drive headphones) because I'm considering selling my Cayin C9 for one of these to pair with HE1000V2, but the C9 has 2600mw into 32ohms.

so there is absalutely more to power rating than just "sub 1W isnt enough" and the like. Examples of this are how power is measured (is it peak, sustained, at what distortion, etc) and what the behavior is as you push the current limits of the amp (do you get glacial slew, mega distortion, etc). That said, I did not feel the WA8 ran arya optimaly. Did it do well enough? Sure. It may have actually been my favorite portable arya experience over all (though do note I dont subjectively enjoy arya basically at all), but it was not displaying the full technical capabilities of arya nor the max bass impact/presence/extension. I didnt have the WA8 when I had DV2 so I cant comment there but I should be getting tracking on my DTC any day now so ill make sure to try that when it arrives

Dec 27, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #680 of 903
To change topic a bit, has anyone tried modding the WA8 to put bigger batteries in? I get about 4 hours of on time (about whats advertised) but tbh its still an annoying short amount of time given that I tend to find the WA8 needs nearly an hour to sound its best in the first place.

Jan 11, 2022 at 11:14 PM Post #681 of 903
Jan 11, 2022 at 11:18 PM Post #682 of 903
Jan 28, 2022 at 1:22 AM Post #683 of 903
Rofl. Exactly what I've seen as well. Sad it doesn't seem there's a way to fix the battery life
WA8 can be used on AC power (included charger) or internal battery.

Feb 7, 2022 at 7:51 AM Post #685 of 903

Poland

MP3Store.pl
Działdowska 12
01-184 Warsaw, Poland (Map)
Email: kontakt@mp3store.pl
Tel: +1 48222668052
Web: www.mp3store.pl

Romania

AVstore.ro
29, Strada General Atanasie Demostene
București 050503, Romania (Map)
Email: info@avstore.ro
Tel: +40 21 232-4077
Web: www.avstore.ro

These are the only ones I can see on the Woo audio site so hopefully they are correct. Let me know how it goes.

Feb 7, 2022 at 8:03 AM Post #686 of 903

Poland

MP3Store.pl
Działdowska 12
01-184 Warsaw, Poland (Map)
Email: kontakt@mp3store.pl
Tel: +1 48222668052
Web: www.mp3store.pl

Romania

AVstore.ro
29, Strada General Atanasie Demostene
București 050503, Romania (Map)
Email: info@avstore.ro
Tel: +40 21 232-4077
Web: www.avstore.ro

These are the only ones I can see on the Woo audio site so hopefully they are correct. Let me know how it goes.
Thanks, I actually saw this after I posted here. Indeed, it's in stock in the Polish store. :)

Following @HiFiHawaii808 reflections on the C9 thread, I think the WA8 could be a good alternative option for driving the ZMF VC, offering a warmer presentation than that of the C9. Plus, full-size tube sound in a transportable set-up - great if you're having to childproof your gear.

Feb 13, 2022 at 8:57 PM Post #687 of 903
If anyone is interested, I will be posting mine on sale this week (it's the black version with an upgraded tube and leather case).
I've only had it for about three years and I bought it for use at work which is where I kept it most of the time.
But now the last couple of years working from home full time I've used it maybe for about 5 hours as I have other desktop amps in my home office space.
Going back will be hybrid maybe a couple of days a week in the office and I just don't see myself getting much use out of this amp.
My job also doesn't require any travelling etc.

I really struggled with this decision as I really do very much like this amp. It's quite wonderful.
But it's also quite expensive and it's hard to justify it just sitting here on my desk and not getting any use.

-- Sanjay

Feb 14, 2022 at 3:22 AM Post #688 of 903
If anyone is interested, I will be posting mine on sale this week (it's the black version with an upgraded tube and leather case).
I've only had it for about three years and I bought it for use at work which is where I kept it most of the time.
But now the last couple of years working from home full time I've used it maybe for about 5 hours as I have other desktop amps in my home office space.
Going back will be hybrid maybe a couple of days a week in the office and I just don't see myself getting much use out of this amp.
My job also doesn't require any travelling etc.

I really struggled with this decision as I really do very much like this amp. It's quite wonderful.
But it's also quite expensive and it's hard to justify it just sitting here on my desk and not getting any use.

-- Sanjay
Would have been interested, but just ordered one afresh....

Feb 14, 2022 at 8:48 PM Post #689 of 903
I’m thinking of getting this amp/dac but also appreciate its been available for quite a long time. Will it continue to be supported for many years? I have a focal stellia. Anybody know if this is a good combo?
We pride ourselves in making high-quality, great sounding products without any gimmicky features. There are no planned changes for WA8 eclipse. You can buy and enjoy with confidence.

Feb 14, 2022 at 11:38 PM Post #690 of 903

That's the combo I used in the office when I was in the office.
I'm not the type that can get into details about sound like so many experts here.
But for myself I thought the pairing sounds wonderful

Users who are viewing this thread

Back