Woo Audio WA8 Review - Head-Fi TV
Feb 19, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #646 of 896
Any of you guys tried the Cayin C9? I am really looking for an amp with tube flavor and these two are my candidates

Feb 19, 2021 at 10:12 PM Post #647 of 896
i’ve both, amp only using rme adi 2 dac feeding both amps then to the hd800 with my own sdr mod.

The wa8 is more tubey, liquid and thick.

The c9 on class a, tube, has the speed and punch of solid state, with the 3d imaging of tubes.

i choose one or the other depending on my mood. I do like the power amp mode of the c9 and the multiple options on tube vs solid state, class a vs class ab.
5F9F8FAC-0976-4FD3-ACA9-E06B441ED0A5.jpeg

Mar 31, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #648 of 896
Ive had a great experience with the build quality of woo stuff... the wa8 being no exception.

I’ve decided to keep the wa11 over the wa8 for the simple reason of having young kids who like to touch my stuff and with the wa8 heating up more than the wa11, my kid almost dropped it!

Will be posted on classifieds soon when I have the time, meanwhile, isn’t this gorgeous?

054738C8-01E8-4DD7-8440-27A544BD1EAF.jpeg

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:16 AM Post #650 of 896
I'm giving a comparison right now, and between the two the WA8 seems to have a greater presence, more organic, and a warmer signature. With the WA8's presentation, vocals and instruments seem to "oil" its way around gently massaging and caressing your sonic senses. You feel immersed in this nice warm bath of music.

The WA11 sounds less involving by comparison a little more "plastic" metaphorically speaking. It has a flatter signature like a slab of steak slammed on the cutting board - more of a punch instead of a velveted gloved gentle caress.

But a lot depends on what you're listening to. For easy listening genres, WA8 takes the cake. However if for more rock, metal, synth the WA11's signature may get your S&M curiosity satisfied.

Signature, however is only one part of the equation. The WA11 has way more power than the WA8. I use the WA11 to drive the Hifiman Susvara. To me, that is the strength of the WA11.

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:38 AM Post #651 of 896
Apr 13, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #653 of 896
Hi guys, I was really excited and interested in purchasing the Cayin C9 because of all the features that it comes with and the easy replaceable battery. I have the Woo Audio WA8 and today I had the chance to try the Cayin C9 and compare it with the WA8. Suffice to say that I am glad that I had the chance to try before buying it, I almost did it but I am happy that I was patient and they didn't have it in stock because I am relieved now that I don't have to buy it. I like the sound of WA8 more, plus I have the Cayin n8. The sound of WA8 is grander than C9 and the bass goes deeper and the soundstage and instrument separation is better on WA8 even though it is a bit warmer than Cayin C9 in tube and class A mode. Both amps are transportable, not portable with C9 having an advantage here because it is lighter. I hope this helps for those of you that are not yet decided what amp to buy. Cayin C9 is a great product but I just like the WA8 more, plus I bought the upgrade tube for it and that enhances the sound even more

Apr 13, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #654 of 896
Hi guys, I was really excited and interested in purchasing the Cayin C9 because of all the features that it comes with and the easy replaceable battery. I have the Woo Audio WA8 and today I had the chance to try the Cayin C9 and compare it with the WA8. Suffice to say that I am glad that I had the chance to try before buying it, I almost did it but I am happy that I was patient and they didn't have it in stock because I am relieved now that I don't have to buy it. I like the sound of WA8 more, plus I have the Cayin n8. The sound of WA8 is grander than C9 and the bass goes deeper and the soundstage and instrument separation is better on WA8 even though it is a bit warmer than Cayin C9 in tube and class A mode. Both amps are transportable, not portable with C9 having an advantage here because it is lighter. I hope this helps for those of you that are not yet decided what amp to buy. Cayin C9 is a great product but I just like the WA8 more, plus I bought the upgrade tube for it and that enhances the sound even more
What upgrade tube is that?

Apr 13, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #655 of 896
Apr 13, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #656 of 896
https://wooaudio.com/tubes/wa8tubeskit
I bought the Sylvania tube. They have other choices as well
Cool. I absolutely love the Wa8. It fits my needs perfectly. I've been using it for some months now and maybe it's time for a tweak just to change it up a bit.
Would you say the Silvania had a nice change to it? Sorry, not sure how to word that correctly. Lol

Apr 13, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #657 of 896
The Sylvania add a bit more weight to the bass and a bigger soundstage

Apr 13, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #659 of 896
I see there are 4 choice in the website.
Have you tried the other 3 types as well? Any reason for you to chose Sylvania over the others please?
I got the WA8 in a trade together with the upgrade tube. At first Sylvania was the only upgrade tube, only recently they added the rest of the options. I only tried the Sylvania but I am curious about the other tubes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back