Woo Audio WA8 Review - Head-Fi TV
Mar 19, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #406 of 903
I've been using the originally-mentioned ChargeTech Portable Power Outlet (purchased during Black Friday for $99) with no operational issues.

Here's the link if it may have been missed: https://chargetech.com/product/portable-power-outlet/

One of the reasons why we've been talking about the Omincharge Pro is 'cos it has a DC barrel output for a straight DC - DC connection. i.e. one doesn't need to carry the WA8 AC adapter along with the powerbank. Also conceptually a direct DC - DC would be more efficient use of the Omnicharge's Pro's 20,400mAh capacity whereas a DC - AC - DC in theory should be less efficient.

Having said that the ChargeTech has as 27,000 mAh so the result longevity of extending the WA8 playing time may end up being the same - where whatever is lost in inefficiency is made up with a larger capacity.

Mar 19, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #407 of 903
One of the reasons why we've been talking about the Omincharge Pro is 'cos it has a DC barrel output for a straight DC - DC connection. i.e. one doesn't need to carry the WA8 AC adapter along with the powerbank. Also conceptually a direct DC - DC would be more efficient use of the Omnicharge's Pro's 20,400mAh capacity whereas a DC - AC - DC in theory should be less efficient.

Having said that the ChargeTech has as 27,000 mAh so the result longevity of extending the WA8 playing time may end up being the same - where whatever is lost in inefficiency is made up with a larger capacity.

The main reason why I am recommending the ChargeTech is because I have experienced zero issues with the unit, and others who may have issues with other power outlets can use this and other positive experiences from the ChargeTech and purchase one if they so choose.

Also, I am enjoying the 27,000 mAh capacity of the ChargeTech, as it powers my Surface Book, RIVA TURBO X, and co-worker's ION ~50W speaker enough to teach all day.

Cheers

Mar 19, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #408 of 903
The main reason why I am recommending the ChargeTech is because I have experienced zero issues with the unit, and others who may have issues with other power outlets can use this and other positive experiences from the ChargeTech and purchase one if they so choose.

Also, I am enjoying the 27,000 mAh capacity of the ChargeTech, as it powers my Surface Book, RIVA TURBO X, and co-worker's ION ~50W speaker enough to teach all day.

Cheers

Since you want to flex some e-muscles here about your powerbank, good for you that you have experienced zero issues with your ChargeTech as with I with my OmniCharge Pro (which also has AC outlet, Qualcomm QuickCharge support, along with Qi wireless charging).

But to bring it back to topic, I don't need to carry the WA8 AC adapter with the Omnicharge Pro as the DC-DC works well.

Mar 19, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #409 of 903
Since you want to flex some e-muscles here about your powerbank, good for you that you have experienced zero issues with your ChargeTech as with I with my OmniCharge Pro (which also has AC outlet, Qualcomm QuickCharge support, along with Qi wireless charging).

But to bring it back to topic, I don't need to carry the WA8 AC adapter with the Omnicharge Pro as the DC-DC works well.

No flexing any "e-muscles", here, sir. I read there was a user that had issues with their OmniCharge, hence one of the reasons why I specifically suggested a known working power outlet (everyone that has used it, thus far), the ChargeTech, which was originally recommended by Mr. Liang, from Woo Audio.

Enjoy!

Cheers

Apr 19, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #410 of 903
Thanks for the review.
I've been saving up for a WOO Firefly... maybe this will be cheaper and more transportable?
>>> clicks Woo website <<<
Oops, make that TWO Fireflies ,
Still want one, I love their quality.

Apr 19, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #411 of 903
Thanks for the review.
I've been saving up for a WOO Firefly... maybe this will be cheaper and more transportable?
>>> clicks Woo website <<<
Oops, make that TWO Fireflies ,
Still want one, I love their quality.

The WA7 is not more transportable than the WA8, if that's what you're referring to.  

Personally, I think the WA8 blows the WA7 out of the water in sound quality and usability.  YMMV though.  

Apr 19, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #413 of 903

The WA7 is not more transportable than the WA8, if that's what you're referring to.  

Personally, I think the WA8 blows the WA7 out of the water in sound quality and usability.  YMMV though.  

Completely agreed if we're talking about the WA7 1st gen. Haven't heard the newer one, but the WA8 really does deliver desktop quality sound in a transportable package. 

May 4, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #415 of 903
Pleaseeee! Hdvd800 or WA8 should I choice for HD800S ?
Priority for sound than movable

Both are good, but the WA8 is warmer and gives more body to the lean mids of the HD 800S. If you were gonna consider the HDVD 800, I'd wait anyway until the new HDV 820 comes out. It's the updated version of the HDVD 800 and probably will sound better because of the upgraded DAC section.

May 4, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #416 of 903
Both are good, but the WA8 is warmer and gives more body to the lean mids of the HD 800S. If you were gonna consider the HDVD 800, I'd wait anyway until the new HDV 820 comes out. It's the updated version of the HDVD 800 and probably will sound better because of the upgraded DAC section.

Thanks for feedback. I heard abt 820 but I guest the price will be a pain. Hdvd800 and wa8 is under consider (I must choice, if Wa8, base on feedback/review bcs I dont find any local dealer to tesr it). Hdvd800 is for Hd800s but I find it is not as clear sound as a cheap Chinese dacvoice336se after changing stock tubes (just cost $490 incl upgrading).

May 24, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #417 of 903
Is there a discussion thread for these or is this it? Smaller than I expected for such a positively received product.

Has anyone tried this with the Yggdrasil? Kinda debating getting both.

I own WA7s right now and a Cayin iDac-6.

Jul 12, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #418 of 903
Is it worth it getting a linear power supply for the wa8?

Jul 12, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #419 of 903
Is it worth it getting a linear power supply for the wa8?

No. The WA8 relies purely on its internal battery supply, even when it's plugged in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back