Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread
Jun 1, 2015 at 5:38 AM Post #826 of 1,117

Shini - Can you cancel the order and pick up a pair from elsewhere as abvolt suggests?  

i will wait for 3 days, and might cancel in 2 days, i am sick of this site, i paid for fast fedex shipping (80$) , so i dont want to go and wait again etc

Kevin is out of the town this week, thats why its a bad case here.

so what is about tubeworld site again? fedex delivery , fast? 

Jun 1, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #827 of 1,117
Sorry Shini never used them before.  

Wow $80 shipping for a small package.  I understand your frustration - for that i'd want it out the door that same day.  

I hope it works out for you.  

ph34r.gif

Jun 1, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #828 of 1,117
  Sorry Shini never used them before.  

Wow $80 shipping for a small package.  I understand your frustration - for that i'd want it out the door that same day.  

I hope it works out for you.  

ph34r.gif

i could easily use aramex which will take 1 week from the package arrival USA to USA, for the package to be in my hand

but since upscale us ULTRA slow, + all the crying you have to do to get them to answer you once, it could take 2-3 weeks to see the tubes for me...

so yes 80$ = 3 days till the tubes are in my WA7tp , thanks to Fedex priority, i rather pay and not wait and struggle. 

so far i spammed upscale, telling them to accept the payment, i even said take your time with the tubes, just accept the payment!!!  4 days of 7 days passed , else they cant claim the money = cancellation from their side, then i get my money after 30 days.... 

anyway people sorry for sharing the bad news and frustration here, i dont want you guys to have a bad day because of my bad posts :< 

Seriously , i dont recommend, using upscale again ,  I REALLY HATE THEM NOW, worst Customer Service of all the times, the worst part Kevin Promised he will tell them to accept the payment, but nop, just nothing since ages

i wish Kevin have an account here, so he understand what the customers of his are going through.

once again sorry people , just very mad here.... 

Jun 1, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #830 of 1,117
Jun 1, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #831 of 1,117
which RCA clear top do i go with?

http://tubeworldexpress.com/search?q=rca+clear+12au7

all of these have a different label (on the tube) from the one that Jeb reviewed.

i might order tomorrow or after it, Kevin got 24-48 hours before i cancel. 

Hi Shini, mine were just rebranded with a different label. Any of those pairs would be fine. I don't know of any differences between 60s and 70s versions but usually older the better. I think RCAs from 50s are most sought after so of those you sent I would go 60s.

They are very expensive though.

Jun 1, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #832 of 1,117
Thanks for the info :D

Jun 1, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #833 of 1,117
and now they canceled my order,  and it will take 30 days, till i get my $$$ bank  .... :< 

will time to visit tubes world .....

Jun 1, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #834 of 1,117
btw people again sorry about my attitude today, been a bad four days and waiting, then BAM the cancellation, and i got to pay nearly 200$ again just to get a pair of tubes.... 

Jun 1, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #835 of 1,117
upscale has really great tubes one just pays a premium for them, take a look here also -->  http://www.langrex.co.uk/

Jun 2, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #836 of 1,117
  upscale has really great tubes one just pays a premium for them, take a look here also -->  http://www.langrex.co.uk/

They don't have RCA 12au7a clear top :<  

Jun 2, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #837 of 1,117
WoW my order from Tubes World is shipped already!!! i ordered like in less than 12 hours!! 

now thats what i call a service!!!!!!   SEE!!! SEE!!!!! took less than 12 hours to process, HQ, 0 Headache, and no money lost for 30 days nor cancellation!!

ViVa La Tubes World!! :D

Jun 2, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #838 of 1,117
  WoW my order from Tubes World is shipped already!!! i ordered like in less than 12 hours!! 

now thats what i call a service!!!!!!   SEE!!! SEE!!!!! took less than 12 hours to process, HQ, 0 Headache, and no money lost for 30 days nor cancellation!!

ViVa La Tubes World!! :D

That is how it should work

Now I think you need some 5814a's to round out the collection

Hytron , RCA or Sylvania would do

Jun 2, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #839 of 1,117

That is how it should work

Now I think you need some 5814a's to round out the collection

Hytron , RCA or Sylvania would do

5184? collection wise, i only got the Mullard cv4003, and RCA clear top on the way,  the 1st for mids and all rounder, the 2nd to go coco and have pure forward sound sig + fun,  but what would the 3rd set offer?  

gieef more info :p  maybe i will like it and order more for fun ^^  and maybe i will like it a lot as well O-o'' but ofc i got to read about it etc :D

Jun 2, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #840 of 1,117
  5184? collection wise, i only got the Mullard cv4003, and RCA clear top on the way,  the 1st for mids and all rounder, the 2nd to go coco and have pure forward sound sig + fun,  but what would the 3rd set offer?  

gieef more info :p  maybe i will like it and order more for fun ^^  and maybe i will like it a lot as well O-o'' but ofc i got to read about it etc :D

5814a has different output spec to 12au7
Sylvania Jan 5814a was one of the first "upgrade " recommended in this thread discussion centred around improved bass response
Lately the CBS Hytron and vintage RCA 5814's have been discussed for greater soundstage and separation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back