Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice
Jul 16, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #2,146 of 4,842
Is that Grada??? 
Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl Ada!  
I was actually listening to some 70's Hits with the Brimar-5Z4G/NU-6F8G's and the WA6 was dead quiet…but with the UE-596/NU-6F8G there is a faint hum through the drivers (nothing serious) but I just found this unusual…I guess there's some interference between the latter of the two. :smile:
Future Grado girl!
Well thank you my friend. I really don't have any idea how this could have happened. Little Ada is a joyous gift and a wonderful blessing. We named her Ada after my maternal grandmother and my younger sister. She's still a bit young for hp listening, but it won't be a long time before she's ready. I've noticed some slight humming when using different tube combos in my WA6 as well, mostly when I'm trying some 6SN7 variants,

Jul 16, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #2,147 of 4,842
Well thank you my friend. I really don't have any idea how this could have happened. Little Ada is a joyous gift and a wonderful blessing. We named her Ada after my maternal grandmother and my younger sister. She's still a bit young for hp listening, but it won't be a long time before she's ready. I've noticed some slight humming when using different tube combos in my WA6 as well, mostly when I'm trying some 6SN7 variants,

Your welcome.
I've never had any issues with any 6SN7's…and I have plenty which I have used in the WA6.

Jul 19, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #2,150 of 4,842
Last month I received a WA6 from the family for my birthday. I had been reading this thread for a while and already had a Brimar 5z4g on hand. The amp sounded nice and I was enjoying it. Decided to get the adapters for 6SN7 and got a pair of EH's. It sounded better than stock tubes but I wasn't blown away. I just chalked that up to, 'well that's just headphones. It's not going to be as enjoyable as my main rig.' Then decided to give an NOS 6SN7 a try. I got a pair of Sylvania VT 231 JAN 6Sn7GT's from Brent at Audiotubes. After a little burn in I am completely blown away by these tubes. The WA6 now sounds like a truly amazing amp with the HD650s I'm using. Now after the kids go to bed I look forward to some listening with cans. The Sylvania's were a little pricey but I am completely satisfied with them and hope to get many hours of listening pleasure. Compared to the stock tubes it's like listening to a completely different amp with the tube compliment I'm using. (I guess it is a different amp).

Anyway, this thread and the 6SN7 thread were very helpful in getting the best out of the WA6. I'm really happy with this amp!

Jul 20, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #2,151 of 4,842
Last month I received a WA6 from the family for my birthday. Then decided to give an NOS 6SN7 a try. I got a pair of Sylvania VT 231 JAN 6Sn7GT's from Brent at Audiotubes. After a little burn in I am completely blown away by these tubes. 

Congratulations on the WA6.
I happen to really enjoy different variants of Sylvania 6SN7's and enjoy the ones you mentioned above.

Jul 30, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #2,157 of 4,842
I am expecting delivery of a used wa6 this afternoon. I wonder if there is a way to tell the vintage of the amp by serial or build or something. I e-mailed the serial # to Woo 2 days ago and still have not gotten a response yet. I just wonder if there is a way to tell if my "New to me" amp has the PDPS or not. I already have a Brimar 5z4g recitfier waiting to go in and also a pair of Tung Sol 6f8g as soon as Glenn's adapters arrive. So on the tube front, I think I am set for a while. Just curious about the PDPS. 

Jul 30, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #2,158 of 4,842
  I am expecting delivery of a used wa6 this afternoon. I wonder if there is a way to tell the vintage of the amp by serial or build or something. I e-mailed the serial # to Woo 2 days ago and still have not gotten a response yet. I just wonder if there is a way to tell if my "New to me" amp has the PDPS or not. I already have a Brimar 5z4g recitfier waiting to go in and also a pair of Tung Sol 6f8g as soon as Glenn's adapters arrive. So on the tube front, I think I am set for a while. Just curious about the PDPS. 

Good question, Woo is normally quick to respond
Those are good tubes to use love them in mine
6f8's are hard to beat

Jul 30, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #2,159 of 4,842

did you email to info@wooaudio.com?  We normally respond within 24 hrs. unless we're at a trade show.  I don't see your inquiry in our Inbox.

2009 and later units have PDPS as standard build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back