Wolfson DAC confirmed for Galaxy S3!
Oct 7, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #811 of 947
Yes i did. I don't think it's software related. I was searching on Google. And came by a thread, where somebody wrote that, the jack plug is a true 1/8", and a lot of the jack plugs doesn't have the right size. I would that the phone has the wrong size. A lot of people has problems with plug. I was trying to find out if I had a bad phone.

Oct 7, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #812 of 947
Ok just tested with my wife's iPhone 4s it acts just the same. I guess it was just a coincidence that it worked with my LG. Guess I'm going to bye some new phones. Just hope they will fit.

Oct 7, 2012 at 3:41 AM Post #813 of 947
Does jb give better sound than ics?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Could this have been fixed by ics custom kernels? I'm using siyah 1.5.2 on stock ics with my vsonic gr07 bass and aiaiai capitals and I don't here any hiss.
I've been holding off from upgrading to jb since it seems to have some issues still. Better sound and better battery (which jb doesnt have) are the only two things that would make me upgrade.

Oct 7, 2012 at 6:30 AM Post #815 of 947
Quote:
Could this have been fixed by ics custom kernels? I'm using siyah 1.5.2 on stock ics with my vsonic gr07 bass and aiaiai capitals and I don't here any hiss.
I've been holding off from upgrading to jb since it seems to have some issues still. Better sound and better battery (which jb doesnt have) are the only two things that would make me upgrade.

True enough point there, I picked up the N7100 (Note 2) yesterday, and whilst I can hear that the Note 2 sounds cleaner as stock compared to the S3, it sounds nowhere near as convincing / powerful when compared to the S3 (ICS) with Seriyah Kernel with the mandatory tweaks.

[edit] as an aside, am charging up my Fiio E17 to see if there is a vain hope that JB on the N7100 will allow E17 playback...  If I don't reply, you know the news is predicetbly bad

Oct 7, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #816 of 947
Hi my first post on the forum, although I've been reading it for some time now and have taken my first (amazing) steps into HiFi audio world! Thanks to the community :)

Not sure if this is this is the right place to ask, or if this has been answered already. I was using my S3 and iBasso D-zero with the stock Samsung ROM, which was pretty good. Recently I've changed to CM10, which I really like and the Siyah 1.6.8 kernel. Is there anyway I can use a USB DAC with this configuration?

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #818 of 947
Hi my first post on the forum, although I've been reading it for some time now and have taken my first (amazing) steps into HiFi audio world! Thanks to the community :)

Not sure if this is this is the right place to ask, or if this has been answered already. I was using my S3 and iBasso D-zero with the stock Samsung ROM, which was pretty good. Recently I've changed to CM10, which I really like and the Siyah 1.6.8 kernel. Is there anyway I can use a USB DAC with this configuration?

Is there a big difference in sq between just the s3-siyah and using the dzero?

Oct 8, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #819 of 947
Did those background noises that appear once in a while when playing music with the screen turned off got fixed at some point ?

That's what has had me holding back for months.

Oct 8, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #820 of 947
Quote:
Did those background noises that appear once in a while when playing music with the screen turned off got fixed at some point ?

That's what has had me holding back for months.

Yeh that got fixed ages ago haha 

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #822 of 947
It got fixed through an OTA update...I think Gokhan (dev of Siyah kernel) got it fixed first, no idea what he did to fix it...but no hissing anymore! 

Check for a software update on your phone...if you have or havent got one I would personally either way root it and install a custom ROM and flash Siyah kernel after, it will give better SQ and also allows you to use the 5 band hardware EQ in the Woolfson DAC aswell as adding a ton of features and customisation! This is only for the international model though! 

Instructions for rooting: 
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1911726
or
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1701770

If you have any issues shoot me a PM I´ll be happy to help

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #823 of 947
Quote:
It got fixed through an OTA update...I think Gokhan (dev of Siyah kernel) got it fixed first, no idea what he did to fix it...but no hissing anymore! 

Check for a software update on your phone...if you have or havent got one I would personally either way root it and install a custom ROM and flash Siyah kernel after, it will give better SQ and also allows you to use the 5 band hardware EQ in the Woolfson DAC aswell as adding a ton of features and customisation! This is only for the international model though! 

Instructions for rooting: 
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1911726
or
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1701770

If you have any issues shoot me a PM I´ll be happy to help

Thanks a lot for such a detailed info. Actually i don't have an S3 yet because of that background chatter :wink:

Thus now S3 is back in the pool along with the Note 2.

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #824 of 947
Quote:
 Thanks a lot for such a detailed info. Actually i don't have an S3 yet because of that background chatter :wink:

Thus now S3 is back in the pool along with the Note 2.

Ahh...

Well I couldnt possibly deal with a phone any bigger than the S3...just food for thought! 

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #825 of 947
I'm not sure i could deal with a Note 2 but as current iPhone 4S 64gb owner if get rid of it for the screen i'd want the biggest one around :wink: Still weighing it anyway since S3 is tempting as well and more manageable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back