Will This Be Called The Westone "Epic" Tip?
Mar 10, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #136 of 207
Received UM2rc last week and it came with the new tips.  I have to agree,  these are great, best tips i have used to date.  I called Westone on friday and ordered two sets of star tips (black and red) for my W3 and UM3x,  should ship out on Monday.  Bad thing is the shipping to Hawaii if it goes any means other than USPS will be a killer, probably more than the cost of the tips. Good thing is as stated previously by other users, most likely last tips ill ever have to purchase.

Mar 10, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #137 of 207
Received UM2rc last week and it came with the new tips.  I have to agree,  these are great, best tips i have used to date.  I called Westone on friday and ordered two sets of star tips (black and red) for my W3 and UM3x,  should ship out on Monday.  Bad thing is the shipping to Hawaii if it goes any means other than USPS will be a killer, probably more than the cost of the tips. Good thing is as stated previously by other users, most likely last tips ill ever have to purchase.

Yes, you are not alone. Shipping the $15 tips to Sydney cost me $40 :-/

Mar 12, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #138 of 207
Got these tips from a kind mate that purchased a Westone 4R recently.

Wow. These smoke with my UM3x!

Hope we can buy them in Europe at reasonable price.

Mar 12, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #139 of 207
It really sucks that Westone does not put one pair of each size in the package..

Mar 12, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #140 of 207
Quote:
It really sucks that Westone does not put one pair of each size in the package..

This is how I got mine. Pair of each size. I think you have ask for sampler pack

Mar 13, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #141 of 207
I just did a back to back comparison of these 'star' tips with the shure olive tips on my Westone 4R and for my ears, it wasn't even close. The olives provided noticibly tighter bass and less sibilance and overall just sounded better. The star tips were more comfortable though...

Mar 13, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #142 of 207
You may not be getting good seal with the star tips.

Mar 13, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #143 of 207
Quote:
This is how I got mine. Pair of each size. I think you have ask for sampler pack

Sure but I am neither Westone client, nor based in the USA. I guess this is out of the question.

Mar 13, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #144 of 207
I'm dealing with Westone to purchase a few Star tips.

Does anybody know what's on the sampler package and what's on the Fit Kit?

You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother

Mar 13, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #145 of 207
Quote:
I just did a back to back comparison of these 'star' tips with the shure olive tips on my Westone 4R and for my ears, it wasn't even close. The olives provided noticibly tighter bass and less sibilance and overall just sounded better. The star tips were more comfortable though...

Quote:
You may not be getting good seal with the star tips.

I had this same situation were the tips i started with were actually too big and not till i went a few sizes smaller did i get that perfect seal.  I guess i was basing size on what i previously used with comply but these tips are different and i believe you need to down size at least 1 from whatever size comply you would usually use.  When i first got the tips i didnt even consider the smaller sizes because i had always been used to having to use medium/lrg to large size tips but with the star tips, even though they would sound good with the bigger tips i found that certain movements were causing them to "release" the seal in my ear. Now i have it so that when the tips are inserted into my ear canal, theyre is actually a little suction created and with the smaller size it seems to maintain that seal until i physically remove the earphones and "break" the contact in my ear.  

Mar 14, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #146 of 207
Dang, I really want some of these tips but those international shipping costs are downright exploitive. Anyone in the States want to buy a whole lot of them and sell them to us internationals with more decent shipping charges? Heck, even if you charged a premium and made a profit on them, it would come out cheaper than shipping them from Westone :).

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #147 of 207
Quote:
Dang, I really want some of these tips but those international shipping costs are downright exploitive. Anyone in the States want to buy a whole lot of them and sell them to us internationals with more decent shipping charges? Heck, even if you charged a premium and made a profit on them, it would come out cheaper than shipping them from Westone
smily_headphones1.gif

Guess you got a 40$ shipping quote. As me. Where are u based?

Mar 14, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #148 of 207
In South Arica, far away from eeeeverybody :D.

I see there's a Westone travel kit being sold on eBay for $28, which is already cheaper than Westone's shipping alone. But I quite honestly don't really need or want the rest of the kit and I would essentially be paying $28 for a pair of tips since I'd probably just use the medium pair. So still not ideal.

Mar 14, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #149 of 207

Guess you got a 40$ shipping quote. As me. Where are u based?

Yes, same as me here in Australia, I wonder why they are no using US mail / Postal service USPS ?
it would cost less as this is not a highly valuable item anyway.

Mar 15, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #150 of 207
Precisely, and they're small enough to fit in an envelope. There's no good reason to have to pay that much for shipping. Especially since shipping cost seems to stay the same even if you order more, larger items. Shipping should be based on size and weight of a parcel, not a simple (exorbitant) flat rate.

I take it that even when these tips become "officially" available, you'll only be able to purchase them directly through Westone? Or does anyone know if other suppliers stock after-market accessories for Westone apart from entire travel kits?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back