will i be able to get my er4p fixed?
Jul 3, 2010 at 8:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

goohsm

100+ Head-Fier
bought it in 2002
as far as i know the warranty is only for 2 years after purchase
what can we do if its broken after warranty time
i tried searching about it on their website but i couldn't find

i heard etymotic research sometimes refuse to repair and just mail it back to users
i was wondering about your thoughts if they will repair my er4p if i make up a good story for the current condition of my er4p
i dont want to get ****ed over by the shipping cost for nothing

Jul 3, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #2 of 5
You will have to contact Ety first and send the ER4 in for inspection, then they will quote you the fee. If you don't agree then they will send it back to you. However, given how bad your ER4 is looking (both cable and one earpiece need replacement), I think you should really consider getting yourself a new one instead of thinking about repair. ER4 is going rather cheap these days on Amazon, plus there is the even cheap HF5.

Jul 4, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #3 of 5
My ER4Ps were in a far worse condition than your pair goo. After they inspected them they informed me that they were beyond repair. They then let me buy a new set of transducers and a new P cable for $130. Mine had had some serious abuse and were a good few years old, so you will probably receive the same treatment as i did. The new pair i paid for were still worth every cent.

Jul 4, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #4 of 5
yeah i would pay $130 for whole new er4p unit rather than purchasing a brand new one. i think thats worth the money cus i alrdy have the box
only draw back seems to be "what if i break it again" cus there would be no warrenty. i guess i gotta treat it like my baby
thx that was helpful nickyboyo

Jul 5, 2010 at 2:16 AM Post #5 of 5
Etymotic take good care of their customers.  I mailed my ER4S into them to have mine repaired well after the warranty service, because I lost one of the transducers.  Sounds moronic, I know- but it happened.  Anyway, they let me replace them for $130, and I did that.  

About 6 months later (or so) I couldn't get the filter out that needed to be replaced- so I called them up to ask for help, since I was using the tool that came with them.  They said for me to mail it into them, and they'd take a look.  Since these were a replacement pair, they didn't fall under the original warranty.

Still, they totally replaced them - FREE OF CHARGE.

I'm happy to spend my money on Etymotic, because they take care of their customers.  Now if they'd only release a multi-driver unit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back