Will Headphones go 'mainstream'? Is that what the Beats are?
Jan 2, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #31 of 56

Quote:
Quote:

Yes, I am starting to rage a little so i should stop now before I start to go insane, but my point is, Once people buy beats, they start to become elitists alphaholes, and that is why i hate beats.

You also find a lot of audiophiles acting like elitist a holes though.

Oh yes, i know, but the difference is that I believe that if you are an audiophile, and you have owned enough headphones to clearly tell the difference in quality between them, that you have a right to tell me, which one you believe is better. Yeah you might be annoying me a little with your elitism, but that's because i have nothing to say back, heck I've never owned HD800 or anything other than AKG's, so you can school me all you want about other headphones, because I don't have an opinion on them. But if you just spent $400 on a new pair of beats, and start telling me they're the best headphones on the market, I will put my own AKG elitist mask on and tell you why beats are a waste of money, and how i spent half as much money on better sound quality.

Jan 2, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #32 of 56

Quote:
Quote:

Yes, I am starting to rage a little so i should stop now before I start to go insane, but my point is, Once people buy beats, they start to become elitists alphaholes, and that is why i hate beats.

You also find a lot of audiophiles acting like elitist a holes though.

Those are the ones that try too hard or spent too much money and feel the need to justify it by being bigoted.
And like the above, it's really not the Beats that I dislike. They're decent for what they are. It's the owners that irk me. Them with their uppity attitudes... I'd like to see a combination of the two duke it out. "Duudz mah Beatz costed 3 banjamins yo." "Yeah, you spent $300 on headphones? I spent $300 on wire. Beatz that."

Quote:
Oh yes, i know, but the difference is that I believe that if you are an audiophile, and you have owned enough headphones to clearly tell the difference in quality between them, that you have a right to tell me, which one you believe is better. Yeah you might be annoying me a little with your elitism, but that's because i have nothing to say back, heck I've never owned HD800 or anything other than AKG's, so you can school me all you want about other headphones, because I don't have an opinion on them. But if you just spent $400 on a new pair of beats, and start telling me they're the best headphones on the market, I will put my own AKG elitist mask on and tell you why beats are a waste of money, and how i spent half as much money on better sound quality.

Could've gotten K240 Studios for half the price.
very_evil_smiley.gif
I jest, kinda. You can also get 2 versions of the Sextetts for what the MKIIs seem to be going for.
very_evil_smiley.gif
I'll stop. The K240s are wonderful headphones and I'd be hard pressed to find someone who wouldn't like them more than the Beats.

Jan 2, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #33 of 56
What I think: Hi-Fi will go mainstream if they actually improve their looks and start advertising in shops

Jan 2, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #35 of 56
That....was awesome!  Who says there's no creativity on Head-Fi?

Quote:
Those are the ones that try too hard or spent too much money and feel the need to justify it by being bigoted.
And like the above, it's really not the Beats that I dislike. They're decent for what they are. It's the owners that irk me. Them with their uppity attitudes... I'd like to see a combination of the two duke it out. "Duudz mah Beatz costed 3 banjamins yo." "Yeah, you spent $300 on headphones? I spent $300 on wire. Beatz that."

Jan 2, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #36 of 56
That....was awesome!  Who says there's no creativity on Head-Fi?

Quote:

Hah, danke! I think...

Jan 3, 2011 at 1:01 AM Post #37 of 56
I don't know, here in NYC, Grados are for those "too cool" for Beats (same guys who have their iPods turned up blasting their indie music cause they can't hear it through the subway rumble)

Jan 3, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #40 of 56
Staten Island here.

Hipsters are few and far between. You're more likely to see a massive orange tool walking down the street with Beats on blasting the latest installment of Club Party Mix from his iPhone. Which, may I add, his mother still pays the bill for because his job at the local gym ain't cutting it.

I assume it's a Queens thing?

Jan 3, 2011 at 2:40 AM Post #41 of 56
Was caught up in the Skullcandy thingy for a few years. Even had some friends who said "The best musicians prefer skullcandy :D"

Given that I am known to research the crap out of things I am enthused for, I decided to research headphones instead of go off the raves of my teenaged peers, and I'm glad I arrived here at Head-Fi

Also, the general public only knows Sony, Bose, Skullcandy, and Monster, and disregards the other brands as nonexistent or el cheap (JVC, Koss, etc), which we now know isn't exactly the case.

Jan 3, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #42 of 56

Quote:
Was caught up in the Skullcandy thingy for a few years. Even had some friends who said "The best musicians prefer skullcandy :D"

Given that I am known to research the crap out of things I am enthused for, I decided to research headphones instead of go off the raves of my teenaged peers, and I'm glad I arrived here at Head-Fi

Also, the general public only knows Sony, Bose, Skullcandy, and Monster, and disregards the other brands as nonexistent or el cheap (JVC, Koss, etc), which we now know isn't exactly the case.

ya sounds about right. its funny because of the 4 mainstream brands sony is the best. but still doesnt compare to my shure srh750dj or my pioneer se m390

Jan 3, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #43 of 56
It wasn't until 3 pairs of Skullcandy Ink'd buds later though. Good thing I scored each set for like literally $4 each. Not even kidding.

And on the comment of building computers, I built mine and I can't help but put a smugface when some chump paid $2000 for an Alienware rig that my $1100 custom-built rig from two years ago still beasts hardcore :D. That, and its pretty well modded, with a window I cut out, airflow mods, painted interior, and several other cool things.

Oh, and my guinea pig cage after 4 cycles of upgrade-itis.

Jan 3, 2011 at 3:00 AM Post #44 of 56

Quote:
It wasn't until 3 pairs of Skullcandy Ink'd buds later though. Good thing I scored each set for like literally $4 each. Not even kidding.

And on the comment of building computers, I built mine and I can't help but put a smugface when some chump paid $2000 for an Alienware rig that my $1100 custom-built rig from two years ago still beasts hardcore :D. That, and its pretty well modded, with a window I cut out, airflow mods, painted interior, and several other cool things.

Oh, and my guinea pig cage after 4 cycles of upgrade-itis.

honestly i wa sin the skullcandy boat to. everyone told me they were good and i thought they were until i bought some 40$ sony xd200 headphones that bested the skullcandy gi's which sounded terrible in comparison. and my pioneers which i paid the same price as the gi's 69.99. sounded way better then the sony's/ it seems to me taht skullcandy is more for looks not sound quality. and they break easily aswell. my sonys are still going after 1 year as my lowriders i got a year earlier only lasted 1.5 months. my pioneers look better in my opinion. but hay what do i know. now i am happy to walk around with my shure srh750dj headphones which were my pioneer replacements. you know because i cought upgraditis and am in a headphone frenzy now. i obsess over buying headphones. and that was from before this site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back