Why Stax is the best headphone I have ever heard.
Apr 17, 2008 at 12:16 PM Post #46 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnerH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got my stax kit (SRM-313 + SR-Lamba Classic 303, and I'm also using a SR-X MK2)

OM FREAKY GOD... I have a sneaky feeling my HD650 isn't going to be used a lot
frown.gif

Oh well... I'm in a new level of audio Bliss...

J

That just about sums up my thoughts exactly when I received my SR-Lambda Pros + SRM-1/MK-2

I still have dynamics though, but greatly downsized and picked up an SR-404 and bought and sold the SR-001MK2 system =)

Apr 17, 2008 at 12:35 PM Post #47 of 120
Ok guys/gals/other here it is:

One: get the Trends Audio UD-10 usb converter unless you already have some stellar transport----the effect that this $120 piece has on my system is not small. In fact, I rather acted like a crackhead trying to get the batt pack to work right. I was desperate for the joyous sound I was getting again. Please do try and let others know your opinion. Good or bad, we need feedback.

Second: for gaming, Stax are the best. I recall playing Warlord(BF2 SF mod map) for the first time with Stax. I was in a building and heard someone take a bullet to the side of the head. It was as if I had superpowers and the sound was like a focus of zooming in rectangles(the drivers of the Stax?) and it focused blazingly fast on the object of my interest and then BOOM! I was back in the fray. They allow me to focus in on one spot or just listen to EVERYTHING going on around me. I can take a bit of sound from amongst the chaos and just zoom in on it b/c of the level of detail and separation which I have attained now.

Unreal. I thought Darth's were really good. Well, they are but just do not have this kind of speed and detail.

Apr 17, 2008 at 1:42 PM Post #48 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemanspliff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Second: for gaming, Stax are the best. I recall playing Warlord(BF2 SF mod map) for the first time with Stax. I was in a building and heard someone take a bullet to the side of the head. It was as if I had superpowers and the sound was like a focus of zooming in rectangles(the drivers of the Stax?) and it focused blazingly fast on the object of my interest and then BOOM! I was back in the fray. They allow me to focus in on one spot or just listen to EVERYTHING going on around me. I can take a bit of sound from amongst the chaos and just zoom in on it b/c of the level of detail and separation which I have attained now.

Unreal. I thought Darth's were really good. Well, they are but just do not have this kind of speed and detail.

Thats what im looking for. thought dt880 would be a good can for the detail level but for the same prize i may get some stax hps. so what do you recommend? i have been searching for the lambdas but im not sure enough whats the right model

Apr 17, 2008 at 1:59 PM Post #49 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemanspliff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was as if I had superpowers

lol! All these STAX threads are making me anxious, I can't wait for my 2050A to arrive!

Apr 17, 2008 at 4:33 PM Post #50 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah.. My friend is a computer nut, & built my comp for under 400.00.. This was in 03.. Spent around 200 more since then on needed upgrades.. In 5 yrs I only had one major problem with it.. My friend always gets the best stuff dirt cheap as well..
biggrin.gif
To bad he doesn't build amps & dacs..
wink.gif

I just bought a complete PC a month old that will absolutely chew through anything thrown at it. It's running absolutely top of the line specs in every single category (quad-core, 8800 GTS, 4 gigs of RAM), and I bought it for under $1000, with games, OS, and display included.

The claim that PCs deteriorate in value so quickly can be used just as easily in reverse. Only people who are idiots or aren't in-the-know buy from vendors like Dell and Gateway. You can put together a great non-gaming PC now, brand new, for under $700 from newegg.com. Less if you find a good rebate deal. I also have a laptop that still runs as fast as the day it was new because I don't visit questionable websites and run spybot + avast anti-virus. I have not had a single problem with the laptop itself and it's about 20 months old.

Personally, I love having a diverse range of hobbies. I am thrilled with my c700/HD-780 combination, and am enjoying a great gaming PC on top of it.

Apr 17, 2008 at 4:36 PM Post #51 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by wizia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats what im looking for. thought dt880 would be a good can for the detail level but for the same prize i may get some stax hps. so what do you recommend? i have been searching for the lambdas but im not sure enough whats the right model

I have had 2 880s and both were good but not close to my stax.

Used the Lambda normal + SRD-7 is a great combo. There have been several other setups mentioned in this thread too.

Apr 17, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #52 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That just about sums up my thoughts exactly when I received my SR-Lambda Pros + SRM-1/MK-2

I still have dynamics though, but greatly downsized and picked up an SR-404 and bought and sold the SR-001MK2 system =)

That's my system too - Lambda Pros/SRM-1/MK-2.

A friend knew I wanted to try out electrostatics and lent me this system. After a week I told him he wasn't getting it back and I bought it from him.

I'm curious to try out different headphones with the amp. How do you like the 404?

Apr 17, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #53 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cry Havoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just bought a complete PC a month old that will absolutely chew through anything thrown at it. It's running absolutely top of the line specs in every single category (quad-core, 8800 GTS, 4 gigs of RAM), and I bought it for under $1000, with games, OS, and display included.

The claim that PCs deteriorate in value so quickly can be used just as easily in reverse. Only people who are idiots or aren't in-the-know buy from vendors like Dell and Gateway. You can put together a great non-gaming PC now, brand new, for under $700 from newegg.com. Less if you find a good rebate deal. I also have a laptop that still runs as fast as the day it was new because I don't visit questionable websites and run spybot + avast anti-virus. I have not had a single problem with the laptop itself and it's about 20 months old.

Personally, I love having a diverse range of hobbies. I am thrilled with my c700/HD-780 combination, and am enjoying a great gaming PC on top of it.

My friend said if he had 2 grand he would build a gaming PC, that would better most on the market & I believe me.. Buildng your own is the way to go.. They work better too, & are upgradeable. People who complain that their PC is out dated need to build their own.. It's actually not that hard.. I'm still learning myself.. Much easier then building a amp..He's also a luck person.. He won like 3-5 grand worth of computer gear... Including last yrs Nivia top of the line graphics card.. 2 of them.

Apr 17, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #54 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnerH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got my stax kit (SRM-313 + SR-Lamba Classic 303, and I'm also using a SR-X MK2)

OM FREAKY GOD... I have a sneaky feeling my HD650 isn't going to be used a lot
frown.gif

Oh well... I'm in a new level of audio Bliss...

J

Told you...
tongue.gif

Apr 17, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #55 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Told you...
tongue.gif

Have I told you how much I hate you...?
biggrin.gif

J

Apr 17, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #57 of 120
lol

this thread is not about the afford ability of pc systems. I too, build my own from used parts.

lessee here

Corsair 620hx(new) $120
E8400(new, nobody is selling their atm lol) $200
xfx 8800gts xxx 640 mb(700/1550/2100) $180
gigabyte mobo $80
2x2gb gskill ddr2 ram 5-5-5-15 1T $75
74gb raptor $60
250gb seagate $100
24" Acer 1920x1200 $150

$970 total and it runs cod4 pretty good lol

Apr 17, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #60 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know what all the fuss is about, Stax sucks.

In your extremely humble opinion right?
cool.gif

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back