Why Stax is the best headphone I have ever heard.
Jan 13, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #108 of 120
^ you do realise that you're replying to a 14 year old post
Lol

Anyway for those who took a chance to come in here and start a planar vs estat war,,,,,don’t. Both can coexist and both do things well and differentiate enough.

You can enjoy both at the same time. There doesn’t constantly need to be fanboy driven attacks.

be civil.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #109 of 120
But if it is more detailed its better for me....not for everybody, so I do have the right to be a fanboy.

EDIT: Im truly biased against dynamic drivers, I don´t believe I will find a headphone with dynamic drivers that will replace my Planar. Try me I will replace my headphone. max price 3000 dollars

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #111 of 120
You are all clueless.

UTOPIA is utopia!!!!

Jan 13, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #112 of 120
Jan 14, 2022 at 3:10 AM Post #116 of 120
Jan 15, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #117 of 120
Thomas More
Ha. Maybe. Or...
download (1).jpeg

Jan 15, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #118 of 120
I have a very modest system $$ wise. My computer is fast and cost me 3X more than my audio. In other words, pc gaming took precedent over music to me.

That might be changing. I just got a new piece that truly brought the music out of the box and let it dance.

My system

Winamp lossless w/ Ogg-Vorbis encoder add-on> Trends Audio UD-10 usb to optical(soon coax)>Sony 1000esd digital pre > Sony n110 stereo amp(45x2 of excellent solid state)>SRD-7 stock>Stax Lambda normal(slight bass tweak of removing foam.)

Well, I have had some pretty decent equipment before. Cost a lot more too. I believe that this current setup cost me $560(barring the PC lol).

I hear things I did not before in every cd I have. Damn. This has happened before but not like this. Detail is.....unreal. Better than live? Sometimes. Certainly clearer.

For the first time, I am considering selling my pc for a higher end Stax amp and dac lol.

Stax owns if you like the detail level all the way off the damn chart.

Wow.
You PC will be worth the cost of a burger in 10yrs. Better exchange for something that holds value unless you make money with your expensive gaming rig.

Jan 15, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #119 of 120
If this is true and many others think the same, why is it not more popular than planar?

I have just heard about electrostatic headphones a week after I bought my Arya. If I new this info before and it is better than Arya I would buy STAX
Because Stax or electrostatic are boring as hell to listen to. Not a fan of electrostatic speakers or headphones. Granted I haven’t heard the best and I don’t buy anything without hearing it first.

Last edited:
May 23, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #120 of 120
Because Stax or electrostatic are boring as hell to listen to. Not a fan of electrostatic speakers or headphones. Granted I haven’t heard the best and I don’t buy anything without hearing it first.
The leading STAX cans - 007 and 009 both lack bass slam, and both exude the trait of intricate definition over everything else. They also do not have full crescendo dynamics. I find the Voce to sound well more like music - but they require a potent amp, so the outlay is quite large.

In my speaker audio self I really like ribbon tweeters, with AMT 2nd place. The Raal and the AMT headphones are initial attempts, not ready for prime time - yet.

The value/quality proposition lies primarily with planars and dynamics at this time, and for some years, and some years into the future. It's possible to put together very high quality systems for small money: HD-600 & OTL tubes; HE-6SE or Arya III with a Lyr or Jot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back