Why Kanye West = God?
Dec 3, 2010 at 11:12 PM Post #46 of 378
Because he is the lyrical voice of a generation.

And I'm sure god couldn't speak rhythmically over pre-fabricated synthesized drum beats as awesomely as him.  He also couldn't pull off the awesome lined white "sun" glasses.

Lyrically...seriously?

Please find below an actual example of lyrical verse:

"Come, my friends,
'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, and, sitting well in order, smite
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all the western stars, until I die."

Dec 4, 2010 at 1:36 PM Post #47 of 378

Quote:
Quote:
what are the other songs about?

I can't really explain them to you.  I don't understand how you can judge an album based on hearing just certain songs.

Quote:
Quote:
what do u mean by ur exemples?
normal gangsta talk...

What do you call gangsta?

500!!!!!!!!!!!! 500!!!!!!!!!! Yippe now where the hell is my present? 

beerchug.gif

What a coincidence, this is my 100th post.  congrats

In my opinion, gangsta music or rap is not only lyrics but also the way you deliver the lyrics. so for example a guy like 50 cent is gangsta.  if you rap about how you hustled selling stuff on the streets and about getting shot and stuff like that then it is gangster in my opinion. If you deliver it in a certain way then you can sound gangster if youre really not. I'm not sure if that actually makes sense, but that is just what i think, other people may think different.

i own the whole album....i heard all the tracks.

can somebody explain the meaning of all a the songs...

Dec 4, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #48 of 378

Quote:
Because he is the lyrical voice of a generation.

And I'm sure god couldn't speak rhythmically over pre-fabricated synthesized drum beats as awesomely as him.  He also couldn't pull off the awesome lined white "sun" glasses.

Lyrically...seriously?

Please find below an actual example of lyrical verse:

"Come, my friends,
'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, and, sitting well in order, smite
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all the western stars, until I die."

Quote:

What a coincidence, this is my 100th post.  congrats

In my opinion, gangsta music or rap is not only lyrics but also the way you deliver the lyrics. so for example a guy like 50 cent is gangsta.  if you rap about how you hustled selling stuff on the streets and about getting shot and stuff like that then it is gangster in my opinion. If you deliver it in a certain way then you can sound gangster if youre really not. I'm not sure if that actually makes sense, but that is just what i think, other people may think different.

i own the whole album....i heard all the tracks.

can somebody explain the meaning of all a the songs...

Agreed, just curious because if you consider Kanye gangsta I'm sure you wouldn't want to hear 50. And yes the delivery thing is sounds spot-on, even in other genres some artist come off sounding 'tough'. Anyhow, album wise I give it a 9/10 a very good album. I don't know about best pop but it's nice he worked his magic in this one.

Dec 4, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #49 of 378
you won't understand kanye stuff unless you are into the occult, because kanye is DEEP in it.

Dec 4, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #50 of 378

Quote:
you won't understand kanye stuff unless you are into the occult, because kanye is DEEP in it.

Weird, I looked up that word and that is weird.....nothing to say on that I'm blank.

Dec 4, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #52 of 378
@dreamthinker  i can't tell you all of the meanings to the songs but i can tell you a couple

Gorgeous- it mainly is talking about racism. this song has a couple of witty lines, especially one about aids

Power- basically it is just saying what power does to people i believe.

i think thats what those two mean. i could be wrong

Dec 4, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #54 of 378

Quote:
Quote:

i looked it up to, and it said something about magic. unless i'm getting that wrong, i dont think kanye is that deep into it.

Agreed.....and yes the line about aids was priceless, this album makes me want to go back and listen to his old stuff. Mainly Late registration which a couple reviews compare it too. This album does have unusually high ratings though. 

Dec 5, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #55 of 378

Quote:
Agreed.....and yes the line about aids was priceless, this album makes me want to go back and listen to his old stuff. Mainly Late registration which a couple reviews compare it too. This album does have unusually high ratings though. 

Yes, it made me chuckle.  There was a pretty good line from one of his good friday tracks called "The Joy".  It went something like "so next time you see me on your fallopian
though the Jewelry’s Egytian, know the hunger’s Ethiopian."  It sounds pretty good since the beat is so laid back

Dec 5, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #56 of 378
Responding to the OP's question about "layers" and multi-dimensional: Layers typically refer to the all of the music and sound that is laid on to an individual track. In a typical rock band you will have the rhythm, lead, and bass guitar layer, the drum layers, the vocals, and (maybe) the keyboards. So when people talk about "heavily layered music" they're often talking about music that has a lot of different audio tracks put together. Think of it as like building a sandwich; if you just make a PB&J, all you have is three layers (bread, PB, and J), but some sandwiches you can pile all kinds of stuff on there, and the more you pile on, the harder it becomes to distinguish each taste. So, typically, heavily layered music will give you more replay value because with each listen you'll hear something new. I tend to think of Radiohead's OK Computer (for example) as a heavily layered album.

As for multi-dimensional, it usually just means that an artist doesn't just do one thing. AC/DC are one (or, at best, two) dimensional. They do up-temp and mid-tempo blues-based, heavy rock and roll and that's it. Prince is extremely multi-dimensional, because he seems to be tackling new kinds of music with every album (if not every track).

Hope this helps.

Dec 5, 2010 at 6:40 AM Post #57 of 378

Quote:
Responding to the OP's question about "layers" and multi-dimensional: Layers typically refer to the all of the music and sound that is laid on to an individual track. In a typical rock band you will have the rhythm, lead, and bass guitar layer, the drum layers, the vocals, and (maybe) the keyboards. So when people talk about "heavily layered music" they're often talking about music that has a lot of different audio tracks put together. Think of it as like building a sandwich; if you just make a PB&J, all you have is three layers (bread, PB, and J), but some sandwiches you can pile all kinds of stuff on there, and the more you pile on, the harder it becomes to distinguish each taste. So, typically, heavily layered music will give you more replay value because with each listen you'll hear something new. I tend to think of Radiohead's OK Computer (for example) as a heavily layered album.

As for multi-dimensional, it usually just means that an artist doesn't just do one thing. AC/DC are one (or, at best, two) dimensional. They do up-temp and mid-tempo blues-based, heavy rock and roll and that's it. Prince is extremely multi-dimensional, because he seems to be tackling new kinds of music with every album (if not every track).

Hope this helps.

Yep....that's what i also thought....

I find Renegade quiet layered.

Dec 5, 2010 at 6:46 AM Post #58 of 378

Quote:
@dreamthinker  i can't tell you all of the meanings to the songs but i can tell you a couple

Gorgeous- it mainly is talking about racism. this song has a couple of witty lines, especially one about aids

Power- basically it is just saying what power does to people i believe.

i think thats what those two mean. i could be wrong

BTW, do u know what Monseter is about?

The "i'm a f**king monster" thing really irritates.....for me it sound like the normal gangsta thing.

P.S.: POST NUMBER 200....!!!! 
beerchug.gif

Dec 5, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #59 of 378
I've never really heard much kayne stuff...I know that even the best albums can still polorise opinions, but this new album seems to be getting universal acclaim across the board, which is quite a rare thing

Dec 5, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #60 of 378
The album is meh, but that's coming from someone who doesn't enjoy this kind of music. The only type of rap/hip hop I like is old school stuff like NWA/Eazy E/Dre/Tupac and Eminem. Though, I do really enjoy the track "Runaway." Jay-z is much better than Kanye, The Black Album is great. I saw (unwillingly) Jay-z when he supported U2 on their current tour, and to my surprise, he was actually quite entertaining and didn't seem like a complete %^&# like Kanye is/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back