Why Kanye West = God?
Dec 3, 2010 at 9:21 AM Post #31 of 378

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
808 was much more special imo, i find his new album pretty boring so far (except for a couple of tracks).

It's very distorted, but i don't really hear a lot of musicality....can somebody site examples?

i don't know, i thought all of the lights had great musicality.  or lost in the world.

Musicality..??....Recovery, that is musical and lyrical (meaningful)

as a public celeb. i like jay-z more.....not as arrogant.

Dec 3, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #33 of 378
Quote:
808 is distorted but it paires well to the lyrical sadness.....but the distortion in the new album is misplaced.

Yeah it sounds more like a gimmick now. 808 had some brilliant ideas on the other hand (like the oscilloscope noise in the intro).
So appalled and Runaway are really great tracks imo, if only all the songs were up to this level...

Dec 3, 2010 at 12:28 PM Post #35 of 378

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamthinker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's very distorted, but i don't really hear a lot of musicality....can somebody site examples?
i don't know, i thought all of the lights had great musicality.  or lost in the world.

Musicality..??....Recovery, that is musical and lyrical (meaningful)

as a public celeb. i like jay-z more.....not as arrogant.

Yeah I agree with the person who said everything has it's likes and dislikes. Em is definitely one of my favs Recovery to me was a fail. Relapse was epic as was Marshall Matters Lp/The Eminem Show. Back on Kanye in general Obama can go sit down and work on the economy. Musically Kanye's new album is cool this man is known for not going along with the norm. This album re-enters that idea.

Dec 3, 2010 at 1:10 PM Post #37 of 378

Quote:
.....as u said likes and dislikes....

But in what way are the lyrics good?

an example is "choke a southpark writer with a fishstick"
since southpark made fun of kanye i thought that was pretty clever.  monster is good lyrically, so appalled  and gorgeous. lots of his songs are good not just because of his lyrics like nas or lupe fiasco, but because of how well he mixes the lyrics with the beat.  certain songs however do heavily rely on the beat such as all of the lights. however, that song is still pretty good because it has the right amount of lyrics and the beat is amazing

Dec 3, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #39 of 378
Everyone of course doesn't do lyrics the same, describing how Kanye does them....

(Monster) "Always buy the chain dat give me back pain" or "The best living or dead hands down huh" "Less talk more head right now huh" (It one of those the audacity/wow)

(Dark Fantasy) "You aint got no F'in yezzy in yo seranto?, Stupid but what the hell do I know?, I'm just a chi town N wit a Nas flow (Nice period, another what the!?/ok/wow)

I think Kanye West lyrics are all about the....I dunno to me he spits, to be honest I never really listened to him, and still don't but he's nice. Period I think he is indeed clever, slightly witty, with a F you attitude. Goes together nicely if you ask me.

Dec 3, 2010 at 1:46 PM Post #41 of 378
kanye west doesn't really do gangsta talk in this album.  Have you heard the whole album?  The only song that is really about having sex and just random crap is hell of a life. 
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/21/arts/music/21kanye.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1 maybe if you read this review it will help

Dec 3, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #42 of 378

Quote:
what do u mean by ur exemples?
normal gangsta talk...

What do you call gangsta?

500!!!!!!!!!!!! 500!!!!!!!!!! Yippe now where the hell is my present? 

beerchug.gif

Dec 3, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #44 of 378

Quote:
what are the other songs about?

I can't really explain them to you.  I don't understand how you can judge an album based on hearing just certain songs.

Quote:
Quote:
what do u mean by ur exemples?
normal gangsta talk...

What do you call gangsta?

500!!!!!!!!!!!! 500!!!!!!!!!! Yippe now where the hell is my present? 

beerchug.gif

What a coincidence, this is my 100th post.  congrats

In my opinion, gangsta music or rap is not only lyrics but also the way you deliver the lyrics. so for example a guy like 50 cent is gangsta.  if you rap about how you hustled selling stuff on the streets and about getting shot and stuff like that then it is gangster in my opinion. If you deliver it in a certain way then you can sound gangster if youre really not. I'm not sure if that actually makes sense, but that is just what i think, other people may think differently

Users who are viewing this thread

Back