Why Kanye West = God?
Dec 1, 2010 at 12:29 PM Post #16 of 378
This is what i mean.....and i can't explain it......
 Professional ratings​
Review scores​
Source​
Rating​
Allmusic
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_empty.svg.png
[84]
Robert Christgau (A)[41]
Entertainment Weekly (A)[85]
The Guardian
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_empty.svg.png
[86]
The New York Times (favorable)[87]
Pitchfork Media (10.0/10)[42]
Rolling Stone
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
[88]
Slant Magazine
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
[43]
Spin (9/10)[40]
The Village Voice (favorable)[89]

Dec 1, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #19 of 378
rock critics like it because of the layers and wall of sound production and everything people hate about kayne, he hates about himself. it's not hard to figure out. 

Dec 1, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #21 of 378
the reason the album is special i guess is because if you listen to anybody elses album, all you hear is repetitive beats, and repetitive lyrics. His album has great beats, and great lyrics.  I can't explain it, because i lack the terms and knowledge in talking about music, but when you listen to it, it sounds multidimensional. For each song the beat always changes, and its not just the "doof doof doof" of bass, but it is very musical.  He sampled many songs, and put them in which makes it sound good in my opinion.  I understand what swoon means about layers.  I can't explain it, it's one of those things you have to hear to understand

Dec 2, 2010 at 2:24 PM Post #26 of 378

Quote:
808 was much more special imo, i find his new album pretty boring so far (except for a couple of tracks).

Yep.....i like 808 and Graduation more.
IMO, it is not really bad but it simply doesn't sound too special to me.....i am waiting for somebody to explain it to me.

It's very distorted, but i don't really hear a lot of musicality....can somebody site examples?

Dec 3, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #28 of 378
Does anyone else think the sonics are awful on this album? I haven't formed a real opinion about the music yet but I cannot stand how awful and, as TheDreamThinker said, distorted this album sounds.

Dec 3, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #29 of 378
I think Kanye is the god of douche-baggery, rapper-wannabe-ery, and general craptiness. How's that for some descriptives.

I think Kanye and Jay-Z fall into the same category of artists who sheep listeners are brainwashed into liking.

Think this one through - 5 corporations own 95% of all media out there - news, record labels, tv channels, magazines, everything. When you hear that "everyone" loves an album and the artist is "the new king of pop" and you think the album sounds terrible... relax, you aren't crazy, you are just experiencing the corporations that back them shoving them down your throat everywhere you look - people who can form honest opinions without being influenced by others probably feel how you feel.

Dec 3, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #30 of 378

Quote:
I think Kanye is the god of douche-baggery, rapper-wannabe-ery, and general craptiness. How's that for some descriptives.

I think Kanye and Jay-Z fall into the same category of artists who sheep listeners are brainwashed into liking.

Think this one through - 5 corporations own 95% of all media out there - news, record labels, tv channels, magazines, everything. When you hear that "everyone" loves an album and the artist is "the new king of pop" and you think the album sounds terrible... relax, you aren't crazy, you are just experiencing the corporations that back them shoving them down your throat everywhere you look - people who can form honest opinions without being influenced by others probably feel how you feel.

Are you a failing underground rapper that released an album and nobody thought it was good? Just kidding. I agree with you with your big paragraph but I disagree that this is what happened with this album.  Many people hate it, and many people like it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back