Why Kanye West = God?
Nov 30, 2010 at 4:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 378

TheDreamthinker

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,

Yesterday, I read in the paper that Kanye West launched a new album "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy".
And the article described him as the "new king of pop"...etc.
At home i downloaded the album and i didn't find it good at all....after a while when i listened to it as a whole, i got better.

Just as a matter of interest, what makes him so god-like?
And why is "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" regarded as a great symphony(?) by almost all known critics?
Don't get me wrong, he is one of my favourite artists (Graduation, 808s & Heartbreak, etc.), but i don't see him as a god either.

Thanks Head-Fiers

Nov 30, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #2 of 378

Quote:

And why is "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" regarded as a great symphony(?) by almost all known critics?
Don't get me wrong, he is one of my favourite artists (Graduation, 808s & Heartbreak, etc.), but i don't see him as a god either.

I dont like his music, it has become very commercial. 
Probably its just marketing...

Nov 30, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #4 of 378
lol

Kanye wants to be God like the rest of his label/gang. But let's see who will be god first. Him or Jay... beyonce?

Quote:
Hi,

Yesterday, I read in the paper that Kanye West launched a new album "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy".
At home i downloaded the album and i didn't find it good at all....after a while when i listened to it as a whole, i got better.

Thanks Head-Fiers

Dec 1, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #9 of 378

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks Head-Fiers

I haven't heard anybody calling him god-like or saying he is a god.  However, in my opinion, the reason that the critics thought this album was so amazing was because it was so different from every other album that has been released.  All the beats, and lyrics are far from the mainstream music that all the other artists are releasing at this time. Just my take.  I don't think it is marketing because the amount of marketing that went into this album other than twitter was very minimal.  His music is actually far from mainstream, compared to so many other people in his genre

Dec 1, 2010 at 6:56 AM Post #11 of 378

Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks Head-Fiers

I haven't heard anybody calling him god-like or saying he is a god.  However, in my opinion, the reason that the critics thought this album was so amazing was because it was so different from every other album that has been released.  All the beats, and lyrics are far from the mainstream music that all the other artists are releasing at this time. Just my take.  I don't think it is marketing because the amount of marketing that went into this album other than twitter was very minimal.  His music is actually far from mainstream, compared to so many other people in his genre

What's so special about?
Strangely distorted but, it doesn't really sound extraordinary, imo.

Dec 1, 2010 at 9:53 AM Post #12 of 378
A god? Is not more human than me. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 1, 2010 at 12:18 PM Post #15 of 378
Just to see what Google would think of him, I typed in "Kanye West is a" and the results weren't too nice (and god didn't come up).  I've enjoyed some of his works, but by no means is he the ultimate/best/baddest musician around.  I'll have to try out the latest album though, but I'm not expecting anything god-like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back