Why is McDonald's Coke so good!?
May 17, 2006 at 2:56 AM Post #62 of 70
Don't care for McDonalds Coke. Or any Coke.
I can drink it but Pepsi's better, if there's no Dr Pepper.

However in all my years of drinking Dr Pepper I have yet to taste any as
good as the Taco Bell across the street from Warner Bros. in Burbank, CA.

Bottled, canned, other restaurants, other Taco Bells, nothing comes close.

It's been a dozen years since I've been there, wonder if it's still good...

May 17, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #63 of 70
I worked at a McDonalds long, long ago. We had a special plastic thing that would fit up against the dispenser and keep the syrup and carbonated water seperate as it came out. It was a daily ritual to test the fountains to ensure the mix was correct. I think I was on their management training program for 1 month before I realized this was not what I wanted to do for the next 40 years.

May 17, 2006 at 3:19 AM Post #64 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Denim
I worked at a McDonalds long, long ago. We had a special plastic thing that would fit up against the dispenser and keep the syrup and carbonated water seperate as it came out. It was a daily ritual to test the fountains to ensure the mix was correct. I think I was on their management training program for 1 month before I realized this was not what I wanted to do for the next 40 years.

Now that you mention it, I've recall noticing when they're pouring my coke into the cup, I see a little 'pinwheel' of color. Brown, white, brown, white.

May 17, 2006 at 3:29 AM Post #65 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by w1ned
Now that you mention it, I've recall noticing when they're pouring my coke into the cup, I see a little 'pinwheel' of color. Brown, white, brown, white.

Oh yeah, I've noticed that too. I guess it's somehow mixing the syrup and water as it's coming out of the tap, must be better that way than premixing and letting it sit.

May 17, 2006 at 3:51 AM Post #66 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceconvoy
Sort of a tangential topic, but has anyone ever noticed that the ketchup packets at different fast food places taste different? Even though they all say Heinz 57, at McD's they're salty, at Jack in the Box they're sweet, and Burger King tastes just like regular bottled ketchup.

I think it all depends on how far they have been past the expiry date.
icon10.gif

May 17, 2006 at 11:06 AM Post #68 of 70
I pretty much stopped drinking coke when they shifted to exclusively corn syrup. I think we get a reprieve every passover when coke releases special corn-syrup free 2 liter bottles, though. I'll stick to Coke Zero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back