Why is McDonald's Coke so good!?
Feb 26, 2006 at 5:51 PM Post #2 of 70
probably cause they put beef in thier soda
confused.gif

Feb 26, 2006 at 6:06 PM Post #3 of 70
Cause they never clean out their soda lines leading into the machine, thus the sugar buildup... I used to work for Jack in the box and 7-Eleven so consider that this is just me hypothetically speaking...

Feb 26, 2006 at 6:07 PM Post #4 of 70
I totally agree on the McDonald's Coke tasting very good. I think it's because of the mix of syrup they use when they prepare it. You see it sometimes with diet sodas too at various places too...the mix can make them somewhat sweet or too bitter.

It's all taste though...I like sweeter, someone else may find McDonald's coke worse as a result.

Feb 26, 2006 at 6:12 PM Post #6 of 70
As a spin-off of the OP's question, why do McDonald's hamburgers make me feel like I've been hit by a train after I eat one? No other food (even other fast food) makes me feel like that, but whenever I've had a Big N'Nasty from McDonald's I feel like spending an hour or so in the bathroom..
confused.gif

JD

Feb 26, 2006 at 6:22 PM Post #7 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by enjoi_rootbeer
probably cause they put beef in thier soda
confused.gif

biggrin.gif
I wouldn't put it past them! Perhaps Soy would be more accurate?
wink.gif

Quote:

but whenever I've had a Big N'Nasty from McDonald's I feel like spending an hour or so in the bathroom..

Big N'Nasty, I like it!

Feb 26, 2006 at 6:29 PM Post #8 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08
why do McDonald's hamburgers make me feel like I've been hit by a train after I eat one? ..... whenever I've had a Big N'Nasty from McDonald's I feel like spending an hour or so in the bathroom..

Its a psychosomatic reaction. Your brain is basically telling your digestive system "Hey! This isn't real food, but I'm eating it anyway." Then your intestines and liver are like "Awww Crap."

Feb 26, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #9 of 70
Have you seen the movie, "Supersize me"?

There is no accounting for taste. I think the best Coke is from glass bottles--almost impossible to find nowadays. The next best is in the cans from the Atlanta plant (last time I checked--I usually do the diet stuff now where there isn't much difference).

Feb 26, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #10 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by daycart1
Have you seen the movie, "Supersize me"?

There is no accounting for taste. I think the best Coke is from glass bottles--almost impossible to find nowadays. The next best is in the cans from the Atlanta plant (last time I checked--I usually do the diet stuff now where there isn't much difference).

frown.gif

Feb 26, 2006 at 9:01 PM Post #14 of 70
I don't drink Coke (or any soda for that matter), but I've read the best Coke is that found in Mexican groceries (yes, in glass bottles).

That's because it is gray market imported from Mexico or Canada, where they don't have protectionist tariffs (instigated by the lobbies of Texas sugarcane growers and Midwest corn processors like Archer Daniels Midland), and thus they can afford to use real sugar in their soda instead of corn syrup. The US price of sugar is about twice the world market price.

See http://www.accidentalhedonist.com/in...ose_corn_syrup

Feb 26, 2006 at 9:03 PM Post #15 of 70
it's because like fine wine, coke always tastes better when it is served to you in a restaurant.

of course i don't drink soda so i'll take the fine wine, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back