Why is everyone trying to get rid of their AKG701?
Jun 26, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #136 of 192
Quote:
Why? Everyone ?

I do not know but I do not even think about getting rid of my K701/K702.  Absolutely, NEVER.  

Me, I will never get rid of my K701 especially at this point in time that it was around 1 and half year with me, I was surprised when I replayed all my CDs again, what a nice smooth sound in the ears coming from K701. And I am just using E9 amp, how much quality will I expect if I use Lyr already. Wow! What I only learned is: Have a good headphone, have a good source, have a good amp and have a good SOUND! Amazing K701!
biggrin.gif

Jun 26, 2011 at 10:22 AM Post #138 of 192
I never noticed those little bumps. Even after reading about them here I tried. It may have something to do with how they fit?

Jun 26, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #140 of 192
No hair here but I seem to have an issue with the clamping around the ears.  An hour seems like a long time.  Suggestions?  (It's a Q701 but same prob)

Jun 26, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #141 of 192
Bumps -> slice 'em off
Clamping force -> bend the metal or do the Sennheiser (stack several books between both cups and let it rest in this position over time)

My only Problem is the excessive tremble... this said, it's not an all-rounder. They really shine with classic/jazz/blues or similar Soundtrack-CDs but can't handle pop, electro or rock.

Did you notice that older people have less issues with the K701 than younger lads?
... I know your ears are getting worse at hearing high frequencies while you get older... this might be garbage what I'm getting at, but are the K701 designed to please older ears?

(this is just silly but, meh)

Jun 26, 2011 at 11:54 AM Post #142 of 192

Quote:
Bumps -> slice 'em off
Clamping force -> bend the metal or do the Sennheiser (stack several books between both cups and let it rest in this position over time)

My only Problem is the excessive tremble... this said, it's not an all-rounder. They really shine with classic/jazz/blues or similar Soundtrack-CDs but can't handle pop, electro or rock.

Did you notice that older people have less issues with the K701 than younger lads?
... I know your ears are getting worse at hearing high frequencies while you get older... this might be garbage what I'm getting at, but are the K701 designed to please older ears?

(this is just silly but, meh)

Good post and maybe you're right about younger lads.  As the Q burns in it seems to be getting a bit mellower. or is that the bourbon? 
wink_face.gif
  Oh, and don't let that "tremble" get you down.  There's meds for that. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 26, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #143 of 192
I've never had an issue with the bumps either. Yes, I have hair.

For those who don't, might I suggest a skullcap?

Jun 26, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #144 of 192
Now with the hair jokes.  Aay-Yaay-Yaay.

Jun 26, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #145 of 192

Quote:
No hair here but I seem to have an issue with the clamping around the ears.  An hour seems like a long time.  Suggestions?  (It's a Q701 but same prob)

I get used to with them after so many days of usage.

Quote:
I've never had an issue with the bumps either. Yes, I have hair.

For those who don't, might I suggest a skullcap?

Sound mind has sound thought. I have the same thoughts for those who cannot handle the Shure headbands. 

Jun 26, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #147 of 192
Jun 26, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #148 of 192
Never had an issue with the bumps. From time to time I notice that they are there putting pressure on the head but no pain or anything. As for the sound, I knew what I was getting and am happy with the 701's. Sibilance is a small issue but not unbearable for me. I'm 20 and still hear most higher frequencies and the 701's only had about 3 months of use. Wont be selling it unless I go for the HD800's in the far future. :)

Jun 26, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #149 of 192

Users who are viewing this thread

Back