Why is everyone trying to get rid of their AKG701?
Jun 10, 2011 at 12:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 192

naurispunk

100+ Head-Fier
Just as I sat and waited for my AKG 701 to arrive I noticed that a bunch of people are trying to sell and/or trade 701s. For example there were like 3 ppl wanting to trade 701 for 650 and not one who said he'd like to trade his 650 for 701. And that is just one example.

Is this just me being paranoid or is there something to it?

Jun 10, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #2 of 192
You've been here since Feb and you've only just cottoned on to the fact that the K70* series suffer a high turnover ? From my time here, the biggest single problem would seem to be that people arent prepared to amp them properly. Second biggest would be that newbies see 'audiophile headphones' in the description and think its going to be instant fireworks when they put them on.

Jun 10, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #3 of 192

Quote:
You've been here since Feb and you've only just cottoned on to the fact that the K70* series suffer a high turnover ? From my time here, the biggest single problem would seem to be that people arent prepared to amp them properly. Second biggest would be that newbies see 'audiophile headphones' in the description and think its going to be instant fireworks when they put them on.

Don't forget the happy few that see them on k-on,  buy them up, and then are hit by incredible disappointment because it puts them no closer to their waifus.

Jun 10, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #5 of 192

Quote:

What's a k-on?

Here you are. Btw, if I bought k701 for this reason, I don't think I'll sell it even if I don't like the sound..

Jun 10, 2011 at 6:08 AM Post #9 of 192

Here you are. Btw, if I bought k701 for this reason, I don't think I'll sell it even if I don't like the sound..

wait..so what i'm getting is lot of people buy the k701's based on an anime? is the anime itself any good?

Jun 10, 2011 at 7:28 AM Post #10 of 192

Quote:
Quote:

wait..so what i'm getting is lot of people buy the k701's based on an anime? is the anime itself any good?

It was mainly a joke,  although there were reports that the show boosted item sales around when it first came out.  Basically:   I'm sure some people are/were buying for this reason,  but as kn19h7 pointed out:   these people bought based on the image and not the sound anyway, so I doubt they're actually looking to resell the things.

It's actually okay,  but don't expect anything more than animu girls and (real) instruments with no coherent plot or direction.

Jun 10, 2011 at 7:50 AM Post #11 of 192

Quote:
[…] a bunch of people are trying to sell and/or trade 701s […]

I didn’t try to sell or trade my AKG K701, but I recently stopped using them as my main headphones, which they had been during the last two years. The bumps in the headband were causing me pain, and the headphones are very hard to drive. I switched to a Beyerdynamic DT 990 (600 Ω version), which not only feels much more comfortable on my head but also works better with my Schiit Valhalla headphone amp.

Werner.

Jun 10, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #13 of 192

Quote:
Quote:

..who knows? Even the Fender may be benefited from that anime
rolleyes.gif

Well seriously, it did provide merit when I was considering k701 before, though in the end I really need something that sounds good to my taste to spend that amount of money as a poor student ==

Jun 10, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #14 of 192
Funny thread.

Naurispunk, there will ALWAYS be people dissatisfied with any headphone ever made. HD650/800, T1, LCD2, Stax, [insert whatever]...it doesn't matter, someone's ears will find a problem.  This site keeps peoples' hands on their wallets, waiting for the next great thing. My advice is to strap on the new K701s, dream of anime girls and just enjoy them without searching for possible imperfections.

Jun 10, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #15 of 192
Good post!

Quote:
Funny thread.

Naurispunk, there will ALWAYS be people dissatisfied with any headphone ever made. HD650/800, T1, LCD2, Stax, [insert whatever]...it doesn't matter, someone's ears will find a problem.  This site keeps peoples' hands on their wallets, waiting for the next great thing. My advice is to strap on the new K701s, dream of anime girls and just enjoy them without searching for possible imperfections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back