Why I can't wait to recive my M50
Apr 21, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #77 of 96

Quote:
M50's won't either. most lower impedance/high sensitivity headphones won't benefit from an amp.

My M50's benefit less than my W1000X when A/Bing between setups. And yes, it still does on a couple of different amps I tried.

Can't comment much on "most lower impedance/high sensitivity headphones" though, but I can tell you that it definitely isn't that straightforward.

Apr 21, 2011 at 11:31 AM Post #78 of 96

Quote:
Haha well obviously, that's my bad. Let me put in another way. Will the bass increase be noticeable?

I can't personally comment on the e5, but for e7, it's rather substantial.  In fact I rather just leave the bast boos only at level 1 and no higher.

Apr 21, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #79 of 96

Quote:
Haha well obviously, that's my bad. Let me put in another way. Will the bass increase be noticeable?

Yes it is noticeable even without switching to bass boost..
Now if you switch to bass boost mode your earlobes will start to treble from the additional power,a little boomy with my eq settings but without the bass becoming distorted.But all depends to what eq presets you are using.
I personally like the bass boost mode better...
Today i managed to achieve the best eq settings on my cowon so far and to tell you the truth i really enjoy the fullness of M50's bass  with E5..

Quote:
I can't personally comment on the e5, but for e7, it's rather substantial.  In fact I rather just leave the bast boos only at level 1 and no higher.

Me to,i keep it to level 1...

Apr 21, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #81 of 96
Man, I wish it was a bannable offense to continually bait people when commenting on gear you've clearly not spent time with.

In my experience, the E7 pairs very well with the M50. The E7's amp section does have a subtle, but noticeable effect on the M50, and is certainly far from redundant when you take the well implemented bass boost into account (I actually found level 3 boost to have the best balance). However, the E7's dac section is where you'll get the most benefit.

Apr 22, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #82 of 96

you mean you wish it was a bannable offense to use any sort of science and logic on this forum. you guys.....you guys are quite entertaining.
Quote:
Man, I wish it was a bannable offense to continually bait people when commenting on gear you've clearly not spent time with.

In my experience, the E7 pairs very well with the M50. The E7's amp section does have a subtle, but noticeable effect on the M50, and is certainly far from redundant when you take the well implemented bass boost into account (I actually found level 3 boost to have the best balance). However, the E7's dac section is where you'll get the most benefit.

Apr 22, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #83 of 96
No, i am pretty sure that's not what he meant. For those of us who are less than intelligent could you please tell me where you used science and logic in your previous arguements. kthanxbai.

Quote:
you mean you wish it was a bannable offense to use any sort of science and logic on this forum. you guys.....you guys are quite entertaining.

Apr 22, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #84 of 96

Quote:

There's nothing compelling or scientific about anything you've posted in this thread. Sound Science forum is here. Be warned though. Your poor trolling and clear lack of knowledge and experience may see you eaten alive. It won't be pretty.

Apr 22, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #86 of 96
I commented on that forum and the contributor of Fiio said the E11 will not have that good of a bass boost. He said bass boosts only mess things up. Shame because I thought the mere 3.5 dB bass boost on the E5 was not enough with my M50's. If the E5 bass boost suffices, good for you guys. But if you need more I suggest the Digizoid ZO. It is the only amp I have found that can SUBSTANTIALLY increase the bass without messing up the SQ or other frequencies. Not just an on-off switch, a gradual gain of 32 levels for the most suitable amount of bass for each song.

Quote:
Wouldnt it be better to get the e11 + m50 instead of e7?

Apr 22, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #87 of 96
I commented on that forum and the contributor of Fiio said the E11 will not have that good of a bass boost. He said bass boosts only mess things up. Shame because I thought the mere 3.5 dB bass boost on the E5 was not enough with my M50's. If the E5 bass boost suffices, good for you guys. But if you need more I suggest the Digizoid ZO. It is the only amp I have found that can SUBSTANTIALLY increase the bass without messing up the SQ or other frequencies. Not just an on-off switch, a gradual gain of 32 levels for the most suitable amount of bass for each song.

Wow! That is such a disappointment. Would you by any chance know if the bass boost on the e11 will be the same or worse than the e5?

Apr 22, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #88 of 96

Quote:
Quote:

Wow! That is such a disappointment. Would you by any chance know if the bass boost on the e11 will be the same or worse than the e5?

Yes I agree, I was banking on the E11 having an even better bass boost. I'm not sure how it'll be compared to the E5. Judging by his response, I would say worse, but I may be wrong. I would definitely not think it'd be better than the E5 though.

Apr 22, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #89 of 96
Yes I agree, I was banking on the E11 having an even better bass boost. I'm not sure how it'll be compared to the E5. Judging by his response, I would say worse, but I may be wrong. I would definitely not think it'd be better than the E5 though.

This is truly devastating. I was expecting for the e11 to drive my headphones very well with it being upgraded. However, why will the size of the e11 be so much bigger than the e5 if not even the bass boost is upgraded?

Apr 22, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #90 of 96

Quote:
Quote:

This is truly devastating. I was expecting for the e11 to drive my headphones very well with it being upgraded. However, why will the size of the e11 be so much bigger than the e5 if not even the bass boost is upgraded?

I'm not sure, I'm not an expert. But bass boost probably doesn't take up that much space. Just look at the other amp I recommended, it's tiny. Maybe since it will be a much better amp than the E5, it has to be a bit bigger. I remember reading it will also run on a cell phone battery too, so that limits how small it could be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back