Why doesn't anybody like the Denon AH-D600
May 28, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #136 of 238
 The D600 definitely has a very colored sound for something in its price range. I found it enjoyable at first listen, but the weirdly distant vocals made me return it. The "veiled" HD650 is a lot closer to neutral.

With all my respect, that "distant vocals" you mention is very misleading for people reading this thread and willing to buy the D600. The vocals are only recessed in tracks that are recorded that way. Just to give an example where the vocals are definitely not recessed, at all, you can listen to the famous album "Best of Jazz Audiophiles Voices". Now, if you like 'neutral sound' or (so to say) 'very-forward mids', then these Denons are certainly not for you. 

When it comes to me, l keep on enjoying them. l really love the bass they provide and how they excel in movies! 

May 28, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #137 of 238
Tested it briefly yesterday again....huge deep projection, good for movies,
Needs an amp I think. Vocals r further back than most cans...
Like my d7k when underpowered...
Will be fun listening to this can Loud, n on high gain:)

May 28, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #138 of 238
With all my respect, that "distant vocals" you mention is very misleading for people reading this thread and willing to buy the D600. The vocals are only recessed in tracks that are recorded that way. Just to give an example where the vocals are definitely not recessed, at all, you can listen to the famous album "Best of Jazz Audiophiles Voices". Now, if you like 'neutral sound' or (so to say) 'very-forward mids', then these Denons are certainly not for you. 

When it comes to me, l keep on enjoying them. l really love the bass they provide and how they excel in movies! 

Oh, they're certainly enjoyable. Very smooth sound. Just not quite what I was looking for. I ended up exchanging them for some K545's.

May 28, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #139 of 238
Oh, they're certainly enjoyable. Very smooth sound. Just not quite what I was looking for. I ended up exchanging them for some K545's.

In the end, it's a matter of taste... Enjoy your K545s! 
L3000.gif

May 30, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #140 of 238
Just got a pair of the AH-D600 in.  Got them for $188, manufacturer refurbished from "accessories4less" on eBay.  Looks like the price is now $199 for the same listing.  The unit came in a factory box with all accessories and cables/manuals sealed as I would expect a new item to be. 

I am really happy with them for what I paid.  I was about to buy something more low/mid range when I noticed this deal.  They're more forward than my Senn HD650's as I expected and if anything, they are closer in sound signature to my Ultrasone ED8's, which I greatly enjoy.  The Edition 8's are a bit more refined and balanced, and of course WAY physically smaller and sleeker.  My goal in buying these was something close to the sound of the ED8's that was much cheaper, closed and easy to drive.  I'm constantly scared of messing up the ED8's when on travel, and wanted something I could bang around a bit more.  For what I paid, I'm very satisfied - the purchase would have been more questionable if I'd paid what Amazon charges for these new ($360).  I love that they come with two cables, one with a mic/controls for portable use and they seem to be easily driven by portable devices.  I used to be way more into portable audio and built my own Mini3, but at this point I care less would rather not deal with the extra bulk and am just happy to find a pair of headphones that "plug-in and go!"

If you can get a deal on these, I give them two thumbs up!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 25, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #141 of 238
Jun 25, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #142 of 238
Jun 26, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #143 of 238
is usd150 a good price for this? 

Jun 26, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #146 of 238
Ok...wait for it to hit 100 then:)

Jun 26, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #148 of 238
  is usd150 a good price for this? 

I think that's a decent price for them. They're actually really good headphones at $150, especially for genres like EDM, but they're bloody huuuuuuuuuuuuuge so keep that in mind.

Jun 26, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #149 of 238

I think it's an okay price for them. They're fine for movies and gaming. Music isn't so great. Just don't have high expectations. 

That's your opinion. Many here like them. Tell me what's actually better at 150 apart from the DT770.

Well yes certainly true, it is my opinion.

Many people here to do like them. Many people also like the D7100. I would also suggest the people that do not like them outnumber the ones that do. 

Anyone know where these are for 150? DJDREEM where did you get yours?

I think the DT770 would be a pretty fair match. I would say DT770 takes the cake on build quality, bass, and treble (D600 has a really rolled off and incoherent treble). D600 I think takes the cake on soundstage, but that's it. The bass on the D600 is big, but not the audiophile basshead kind of bass. It has heavy impact, but doesn't really reach low. More importantly it can't control the bass, so bass notes blend together and aren't separated. 

I'd say if you're curious give them a run @150. Just don't expect them to be stellar and you won't be disappointed. 

Jun 26, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #150 of 238
I sold mine to fund for other gear. I got mine from Amazon. I thought the DT770 trump them for stage personally, I've never found a closed phone to match the 770 stage though, I definitely find them superior.

Honestly I think the people that dislike them were expecting the D2k-D7k because there's nothing wrong with the current line up of the music maniacs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back