Why doesn't anybody like the Denon AH-D600
Feb 6, 2014 at 2:41 AM Post #106 of 242
I tried them at the local futureshop for about 15 minutes. I gotta say that they sounded really nice to me. I thought that maybe at times the bass sounded a bit uncontrolled, but most of the time I was just kinda mesmerized by the bass guitar and bass layering. Mids seemed fine. Highs were nice and detailed without being harsh. Soundstage width and depth was great, as was the imaging. Gonna have to try them again!

Feb 19, 2014 at 6:29 AM Post #108 of 242
I would like to give these a try despite the negatives that I have read. I would like to ask though if the ear pads are replaceable and where can I find/buy those. I have seen on amazon the D7000/5000/2000 pads but nowhere the d600/d7100

Edit: Moved my question to appropriate Thread.

Feb 19, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #111 of 242
I think you can. But I have not tried in doing so. I did try on both headphones,but the only difference in comfort is the d7100s are heavier due to the mahogany cups (versus the plastic cups on d600). So are the pads on the d7100 really better? Beats me. I guess they're more pricey because the d7100 are the current flagship headphones.

Apr 13, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #112 of 242
Hello guys,

Question to those that own (or have owned) the D600s and the Beyers DT-770: Would you say both cans' mid range is similarly recessed?

Having a pair of DT-770s (250 Ohms), would you still go and buy the Denons? (l could get them in the UK for +/- $316). l would mostly use them to watch movies at night and, occasionally, to listen to music (for music listening l have the AKG K550).

Thanks in advance!  

Apr 13, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #113 of 242

Yeh but the Dxxxx were one of the best headphones in the world for sub bass and certain genres..... So even if the D600 are 85% of the D5000 and have decent bass, less sibilant treble and more mids... Then they sound like they are worth a try anyway.....

The measurements on Innerfidelity do not look as good as the old Dxxxx series though.... I think I will give them a chance because I cannot think of any other headphones ~£200 which will work for me... Closed and good for EDM while also being good for gaming and decent at other genres.... Momentums are the best I have tried so far, followed by the UE6000... But the UE6000 is a bit lacking in detail and overall sound quality and the Momentums are too damn small!

I notice that some people who have high end flagships etc. Seem to think the D600 are decent, so they can't be that bad....

fidelio x1 are the ones you want many a d2000 fan loves them

Apr 15, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #115 of 242
  Hello guys,

Question to those that own (or have owned) the D600s and the Beyers DT-770: Would you say both cans' mid range is similarly recessed?

Having a pair of DT-770s (250 Ohms), would you still go and buy the Denons? (l could get them in the UK for +/- $316). l would mostly use them to watch movies at night and, occasionally, to listen to music (for music listening l have the AKG K550).

Thanks in advance!  

I think the 770's midrange is more recessed, or rather, the D600's midrange doesn't feel recessed at all for me. If you already have the 770 I think it'd be better for you to sell it then get the D600, or get a complement can. These two do sound quite similar to me, the D600 is a bit more refined and versatile that's all.

Apr 15, 2014 at 5:23 AM Post #116 of 242
Hey thanks for your answer LinkPro!

lf the D600's midrange is not recessed, then that only would be a good distinction from the 770s. In any case, l guess (as you said) there won't be a great difference between the two. To tell you the truth, it's just that l really like the D600s. They look so comfy and well built... You know how this hobby is :wink: Besides, l found them in amazon.de for $228 (shipped to Switzerland, where l live, and with the import taxes included), which to me seems to be a very good price (hard to resist!).

Truth is l was looking for an alternative to my 770s and AKG K550. l would like to buy a superior can (it has to be closed), but l can't figure out any other than the Mad Dogs. Otherwise, LCD-XC? TH900? Bit pricey those... Anyway... l think l might try the Denons for now...

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #117 of 242
I really like my D7100's.

Apr 15, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #118 of 242

lf the D600's midrange is not recessed, then that only would be a good distinction from the 770s. In any case, l guess (as you said) there won't be a great difference between the two. To tell you the truth, it's just that l really like the D600s. They look so comfy and well built... You know how this hobby is :wink: Besides, l found them in amazon.de for $228 (shipped to Switzerland, where l live, and with the import taxes included), which to me seems to be a very good price (hard to resist!).

Truth is l was looking for an alternative to my 770s and AKG K550. l would like to buy a superior can (it has to be closed), but l can't figure out any other than the Mad Dogs. Otherwise, LCD-XC? TH900? Bit pricey those... Anyway... l think l might try the Denons for now...

SoundMagic HP100? Supposedly has the sound quality of the K550, but with punchier bass and more consistent seal around the ears.

Apr 15, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #119 of 242

I think you should look at what you're hoping to use these for. If you're looking for a higher end reference sound for music look at the Mad Dogs, or plenty of other options at a higher price. 

The D600 have a few hefty issues if you want to listen to music with them. The bass has very high distortion levels and the chamber on the D600 and D7100 forces a lot of ringing inside the cups. Basically take the DT770, add ringing in the bass range and severely roll off the treble. 

Apr 15, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #120 of 242
Hello guys,

Thanks in advance!  

The words recessed are thrown around too much on this board. Neither have recessed mids but both have mids that are not boosted or mid centric. The D600 is more refined and tighter with a more potent slam. They can be a bit loose out the box but tighten up. The D600 is fantastic for the price and is superior in every way apart from soundstage. The DT770 is no slouch though it's tought to beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back