Why doesn't anybody like the Denon AH-D600
Jun 27, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #94 of 242
Quote:

You're just one of those D7100/D600 haters. 

Not a hater, just my objective opinion. Have owned loads of headphones now and the D600 do not sound very natural, kind of harsh, sort of plasticy /metallic sounding.. the bass and soundstage is good, but the mids and treble are not good in my opinion. Definately a step down from the Dxxxx series, not sure why they discontinued them really. Even though the UE6000 are clearly less "hifi" I think I even prefer listening to these... They sound more natural.

Jun 27, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #95 of 242
Quote:

Not a hater, just my objective opinion. Have owned loads of headphones now and the D600 do not sound very natural, kind of harsh, sort of plasticy /metallic sounding.. the bass and soundstage is good, but the mids and treble are not good in my opinion. Definately a step down from the Dxxxx series, not sure why they discontinued them really. Even though the UE6000 are clearly less "hifi" I think I even prefer listening to these... They sound more natural.

I'm just hecklin' ya 
tongue.gif
. You're sure to get some flack soon from some people. Oddly enough, I've owned the D600 for about 1.5 months or so, and just got the UE6000 in yesterday, so I'm in a very similar boat to you comparing these two. 

Jun 27, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #96 of 242
Quote:

I'm just hecklin' ya 
tongue.gif
. You're sure to get some flack soon from some people. Oddly enough, I've owned the D600 for about 1.5 months or so, and just got the UE6000 in yesterday, so I'm in a very similar boat to you comparing these two. 

Yes the UE6000 do not sound amazing or reference quality, but the overall sound is good in my opinion, they are comfortable and sound good, they sound relatively natural and they are not fatiguing or sibilant at all. Out of the Momentum, D600 and UE6000, I think I am just going to keep the UE6000 until I can afford something a lot better. Momentums sound better than the UE6000 but they are too damn small, D600 do not justify 2.5x the price I paid for the UE6000... at the price I paid for the UE6000 (£100) I really like them.

Aug 31, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #97 of 242
I bought d600 about 3 month ago 

It did not sound like my d5000 which i had for about a year then sold.

Too much bass and can not compare d7000 but I really like detachable cales and easy to drive with my Iphone

Sep 16, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #98 of 242
Hi,

I've just bought these to use on my Macbook pro and Iphone 4s. Must admit I love the rich bass and treble that's not too overbearing. However, I'm finding that the midrange/vocals seem to be very quiet at times. Would burn in make a difference? I'm not into overly upfront vocals eg Grado Sr80i's and love bass but it would be nice to hear the vocals without having to pump up the volume too much lol. I know the sound source isn't probably doing them justice but I feel I'm so close to my perfect headphone and want the mids to open up a bit!

Thanks....

Nov 9, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #99 of 242
i have been on this forum for 2 months now and every one that call him self an audiophile guy complains that ahd600 and x1 have lesser quality mid and treble yet they are better at bass and soundstage and yet no one recommends a better choice that is all around winner

actually headphones are not to be judged from only one aspect except if you only care for that aspect .. ahd600 and x1 are the best all around headphones for that price and you can use in movies, games and music

if anyone disagree then simply recommend a better bass mid treble headphone in the same price range or even pricier a bit not just talk

Nov 9, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #100 of 242
I ended up buying the denon's again after trying a dozen or so headphones. Nothing compared to them in terms of the lively and rich sound they produce. Also I find the midrange is more than okay and I think it was down to all the extra the detail in the sound- I wasn't used to headphones that made you feel a part of the music! I now officially love these headphones but you do have to sit still and not wear glasses for a good sound seal!

Nov 10, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #101 of 242
The unit has a large sound for bass it has some shocking sub bass impact and the mids are actually good nnot recessed to my ears.
The only problem is sometimes the trebles sibilant nature though not really bad at all the actual issue is the prominence of elevated trebles so you would need a tube or soft sounding amp or just EQ to lower the trebles and suddenly you have an excellent can as it is an amazingly large sound for a closed can and also lively not dull and not mushy but a powerful sounding bass which is different from "too much" bass, rather it is just large and in forefront but very impressive so there you go that's how it sounds so now we can all realize it is a very impressive can and stop thinking it is bad when actually it sounds of a high end can quality and just to put things in perspective MANY cans seem to have a bright top end so this is not unusual, yet NOT MANY can deliver bass like this so there you go.
Wew I type too much! Lol

Dec 29, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #103 of 242
i've been going through the some of the review of the d600s and i must say that i'm getting the feeling that there is a difference between the d600s out there. I've tried the d600s at two shops (both in taiwan) and i must say at first the d600s do sound extremely bassy (even when paired with a more decent amp/dac like the W4S UDAC-HD, but the bass does get tamed, but still bassy). The mids are laid back. Didn't pay much attention to the highs. Overall, not impressed at all. But compared to my hd650s, they can be "fun", if you learn to appreciate loads of bass. Back then i didn't get the impression that they have clear mids ir or controlled bass. Liked them to some degree, but cannot accept the price (around $400). Recently, I noticed that amazon.de sell these at a much more decent price (199 euros). So I pulled the trigger. But I was surprised when I received these "imported" d600s. First of all, no burn-in was required, at least after 200 hours of listening, not much of a difference appeared. The most important thing is that the bass is totally controlled. I mean crisp and tight. Not bloated. I can literally "see" the surface of the drums by the lows they produce. The lows are a tad stronger than the hd650s, thus delivering a more "fun" sound. The mids are somewhat laid back when comparing with the hd650s, but much closer comparing with the previous d600s heard at the local shops. Highs can get a tiny bit sharp, but not as unbearable as the srh940s. Instrument separation and sound stage are both excellent. In short they're clean-sounding, not that much colored, and they do lean close to the sound presentation of the d7100, but the d7100s are still more crisp and have a larger sound stage. Overall, I think they're way better than the d600s at the local shops and are great for the price. This is why I seriously think there are two versions of the d600s out in the market. Just what i felt with my 2 cents. 

Jan 31, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #104 of 242
FWIW, I auditioned a fresh D600 for about an hour maybe four months ago.  At the time, I wasn't overly impressed with the SQ but found the comfort remarkably good.  I made a mental note to revisit the Denon once the price dropped.  Finally purchased it three weeks ago and gradually have been burning-in.  Seemingly, after no more than maybe twenty hours of burn-in, the bass is now nicely controlled, mids came a little more forward and the highs seemingly smoothed out.  True, this is a fun hp and along with its comfort and current pricing can't be beat for some genres along with movies and games.  Like so many other hp's, it just requires a little patience.

Feb 2, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #105 of 242
Hey everyone,

I just picked up these headphones today from my local Best Buy.

Man these are great headphones, sure they aren't audiophile cans; but they are PERFECT for my musical tastes.

Daft Punk is INSANE on these; the bass is tight, the mids are well-done (not recessed) and the highs are perfect without becoming too bright.

These cans are amazing at letting you lose yourself in the music; yet, they are detailed enough for an audiophile.

Just my two cents, I think these headphones are incredible for the amount I paid. (price matched amazon, $268)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back