Why do 99.9% of ipod users use the apple buds?
Jun 15, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #61 of 85

They are wondering why people would buy a iPod touch (which has great potential with EQu etc.) and have it bottle necked by stock headphones. The answer is because they are ignorant to the fact that there are better or they just bought the iPod touch because it has apps/games or because its popular.

So a better example would be

-Your shirt is a high end shirt (Versace, whatever take your pick) and it came with $1 buttons.
-You go to a fancy italian restaurant and they use cheap ingredients and charge premium prices
-You have a high end computer but your high end gfx card and cpu are being bottle necked your your crappy Ram

All of those examples that I gave someone in their right mind would want a upgrade unless they just "don't care"

They wouldn't be asking this question if iPods came with better headphones like the ADDIEM.

Quote:
You shouldn't be asking this question if:

- You use the stock buttons that come with your shirt, there are better buttons out there.
- You eat the stock ham that comes with your Hawaiian pizza, there are better hams out there.
- You use the stock RAM that comes with your computer, there are better RAMs out there.

If you truly can not comprehend why people have different priorities, you might want to consider getting tested on ASD (autism spectrum disorder).

Jun 15, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #63 of 85
Note:  Only responding to the OP, as I've not read through the post...

The iPod isn't a "status symbol" it once was.  Back when first introduced there were stories of people getting mugged just for the iPod.  Don't really hear of that much (if at all) nowadays.

I see a lot of folks wearing earbuds and IEMs, and would guess that half of the times, it's something other than an iBud.  Of course, that could simply mean that everyone who buys an iPod uses and iBud and other MP3 owners use whatever came with their machine - I don't know.

I'm sure many simply use whatever came with their machine of choice simply because they sound pretty darn good.  I think only the snobbish mentality folks amongst us would simply dismiss an iBud as sounding absolutely horrendous, because they're really not that bad.  And an MP3 player owner does not an audiophile (or wannabe audiophile) make. 

Even if you take the high number of members here, along with other audio-related forums, it's still a tiny, tiny fraction of the general music loving public.  Folks 'round here tend to care about sound quality; that's pretty much a given, I think.  But the rest of the world, not so much.  I know that's hard to believe...but it's true.

Cheers.

Jun 15, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #64 of 85

Quote:
He might like Boys? 
evil_smiley.gif

That's the 'musical theatre' part, Natty, but you probably already knew that. Denial is the first stage in every young man's journey.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 15, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #65 of 85
Because most people think that the ibuds are the best, because they came with the ipod "the best" player. If most people where to listen to a nice set of over the ear open cans, then they would chuck the ibuds and get a pair. But some people also dont care about sound quality, maybe because they cant tell a difference or because they havent trained their ears to tell the difference. To each there own I guess.

Jun 15, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #66 of 85

Quote:

That's the 'musical theatre' part, Natty, but you probably already knew that. Denial is the first stage in every young man's journey.
rolleyes.gif

What the hell are you two talking about? Did you not read what I wrote? It was just a joke about scaring away text-crazy teenagers with over-the-top audio equipment. :p I think you guys are thinking it over a little too much...

Jun 16, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #68 of 85
iPod is the Versace of audio world? I am not sure who is giving Apple more than what they deserve here. Now if you use Apple buds to listen to say a Meridian CDP than I concede something is very wrong.

Portable players always comes with the cheapest of cheap buds for decades. Once in a while there are players that comes with marginally better buds but there are no indication that people flock to those. You are right that people don't care, and apparently they are "good enough". And who are we to decide for others what is good enough? There is always something better and where do we draw the line?

As I have said earlier, people have different priorities, some people choose to live a full life, while other choose to ponder over others' (perceived) inferior way of life. If you wonder why people were so ignorant to listen to Apple buds, they would also wonder why there are people who have nothing better to do than to care about stuffs about them that they themselves don't care about. Different folks, different strokes.

Quote:
They are wondering why people would buy a iPod touch (which has great potential with EQu etc.) and have it bottle necked by stock headphones. The answer is because they are ignorant to the fact that there are better or they just bought the iPod touch because it has apps/games or because its popular.

So a better example would be

-Your shirt is a high end shirt (Versace, whatever take your pick) and it came with $1 buttons.
-You go to a fancy italian restaurant and they use cheap ingredients and charge premium prices
-You have a high end computer but your high end gfx card and cpu are being bottle necked your your crappy Ram

All of those examples that I gave someone in their right mind would want a upgrade unless they just "don't care"

They wouldn't be asking this question if iPods came with better headphones like the ADDIEM.

Jun 16, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #69 of 85
I just re-read the original post, and I think you are too extreme. You say that "some people choose to live a full life, while other choose to ponder over others' (perceived) inferior way of life."  The OP is just curious, it doesn't mean he doesn't live a "full life" because of curiousity. You make it sound like if you're curious than you don't live a full life. I doubt anyone here is losing any sleep over this thread. Being curious is a good thing, curiousity is one thing out of many that helped us progress as a society.

Note that I agree with what your said in your last post about "Once in a while there are players that comes with marginally better buds but there are no indication that people flock to those". I just think you are too extreme on this subject (the stuff about ASD, I think Narcissism fits better). Maybe because this subject is like beating a dead horse.
Quote:
iPod is the Versace of audio world? I am not sure who is giving Apple more than what they deserve here. Now if you use Apple buds to listen to say a Meridian CDP than I concede something is very wrong.

Portable players always comes with the cheapest of cheap buds for decades. Once in a while there are players that comes with marginally better buds but there are no indication that people flock to those. You are right that people don't care, and apparently they are "good enough". And who are we to decide for others what is good enough? There is always something better and where do we draw the line?

As I have said earlier, people have different priorities, some people choose to live a full life, while other choose to ponder over others' (perceived) inferior way of life. If you wonder why people were so ignorant to listen to Apple buds, they would also wonder why there are people who have nothing better to do than to care about stuffs about them that they themselves don't care about. Different folks, different strokes.

Jun 16, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #70 of 85
I agree it does sound extreme, some people here struck me as being snobbish.

Quote:
I just re-read the original post, and I think you are too extreme. You say that "some people choose to live a full life, while other choose to ponder over others' (perceived) inferior way of life."  The OP is just curious, it doesn't mean he doesn't live a "full life" because of curiousity. You make it sound like if you're curious than you don't live a full life. I doubt anyone here is losing any sleep over this thread. Being curious is a good thing, curiousity is one thing out of many that helped us progress as a society.

Note that I agree with what your said in your last post about "Once in a while there are players that comes with marginally better buds but there are no indication that people flock to those". I just think you are too extreme on this subject (the stuff about ASD, I think Narcissism fits better). Maybe because this subject is like beating a dead horse.

Jun 17, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #71 of 85
To OP: They use the apple buds because they naturally come with the iPods
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #73 of 85

Quote:
But the most important reason is ... they come free with the ipod.

and no, they are most def. not good enough, for 12$ one can get KSC75 which powns the ibuds like a _____, there is also the Meelec M6 which also powns the ibuds and that to mention 2 I have tried. but most people doesnt seem to agree at the fact that if you get a 200$ DAP, least you can do is get half the price in headphones.

I wasnt nowhere near the forums when i had an ipod and i remmeber in two icasions i gave the ibuds away and got me some sony/jvc 20$ in ears. still better.

Basically.

Jun 20, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #74 of 85
No, I had an Indian dude who lived across the hall from me, he went to the apple store and dropped $30 on Ibuds cause his old ones died, when those died I hooked him up with some KDX100's, he's on portapro's now.
and they are $30 each.
They use stock buds because they don't know any better.

Jun 20, 2011 at 3:34 AM Post #75 of 85
poor soul, next thing you'll hear he'll be spending $300 for an iem, where did we go wrong 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
No, I had an Indian dude who lived across the hall from me, he went to the apple store and dropped $30 on Ibuds cause his old ones died, when those died I hooked him up with some KDX100's, he's on portapro's now.
and they are $30 each.
They use stock buds because they don't know any better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back