Why do 99.9% of ipod users use the apple buds?
Jun 5, 2011 at 1:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 85

Bassheadd

100+ Head-Fier
Ive never been able to figure this out. Ive thought About it and this is what i think.

1) i see lots of ppl who like to be seen with their apple earbuds, cause they probablythink the ipod is a high end producy and want to make it visible to others that they have one.

2) theyre dellusional and dont think another brand earbuds will work.

3) they only think apple makes earbuds

4) eh they came with their ipod so that means theyre tbe best!

5) owning an ipod is all about status and they couldnt care less about sound quality.

Jun 5, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #2 of 85

Quote:
Ive never been able to figure this out. Ive thought About it and this is what i think.

1) i see lots of ppl who like to be seen with their apple earbuds, cause they probablythink the ipod is a high end producy and want to make it visible to others that they have one.

2) theyre dellusional and dont think another brand earbuds will work.

3) they only think apple makes earbuds

4) eh they came with their ipod so that means theyre tbe best!

5) owning an ipod is all about status and they couldnt care less about sound quality.

Smart-ass answer:  Because 100% of iPods come with them.

Different answer:  Same reason why 99% of new car owners use the tires that come with the car.  Car enthusiasts would say that most cars come with merely adequate tires that make all sorts of compromises which may or may not suit your needs.

I've heard many times how someone who just dropped $200 on an iPod, often a significant amount of money to them for such an item to begin with, would say "and they want me to spend another $50 on earphones?"

Jun 5, 2011 at 2:09 AM Post #3 of 85
Because Apple's buds aren't that bad.

I think they're alright, but they don't fit in my ears very well. If they did, I'd probably use them in a portable rig.

Same reason I lef the stock audio system in my car. It's good enough.

If I want to enjoy great sound, I do it at home, where it's practical to run open headphones, speakers, use vacuum tubes, and spin vinyl.

You don't have to be a total snob about everything.

Jun 5, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #4 of 85
Most people listen to music not equipments like us.:wink: Citizen Cain is a classic movie whether you watch it on LED TV or 40 year old black and white tube TV.

Jun 5, 2011 at 2:16 AM Post #5 of 85
But the most important reason is ... they come free with the ipod.

and no, they are most def. not good enough, for 12$ one can get KSC75 which powns the ibuds like a _____, there is also the Meelec M6 which also powns the ibuds and that to mention 2 I have tried. but most people doesnt seem to agree at the fact that if you get a 200$ DAP, least you can do is get half the price in headphones.

I wasnt nowhere near the forums when i had an ipod and i remmeber in two icasions i gave the ibuds away and got me some sony/jvc 20$ in ears. still better.

Jun 5, 2011 at 4:33 AM Post #6 of 85
I think there is a big assumption that people WANT a better sound.

If an iPod with earbuds suits their needs, what's the issue.

Jun 5, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #7 of 85
But the most important reason is ... they come free with the ipod.

and no, they are most def. not good enough, for 12$ one can get KSC75 which powns the ibuds like a _____, there is also the Meelec M6 which also powns the ibuds and that to mention 2 I have tried. but most people doesnt seem to agree at the fact that if you get a 200$ DAP, least you can do is get half the price in headphones.

I wasnt nowhere near the forums when i had an ipod and i remmeber in two icasions i gave the ibuds away and got me some sony/jvc 20$ in ears. still better.

But thats the thing. They dont realize ths having good quality earbuds is just as important as the player itself. If youre spending 300 on am ipod spendinh another 20 on earbuds is nothing. Its like getting a steak at a restaurant, sure it comes with salt and pepper o n it, but does it mean youre gonna eat it like that?

Jun 5, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #8 of 85

Quote:

They dont realize ths having good quality earbuds is just as important as the player itself.

Well, that's just it. They probably don't know any better.

Jun 5, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #9 of 85
Why doesn't everybody drive a Nismo GTR?  So, annoying...
smile.gif
  People weigh importance on different things, it's not a new concept.  Maybe because we don't have a dictator thats why?
confused.gif
  I don't know and I care less if they wear ibuds.  I only care about what I listen with.  There are more important questions in this world than, why people wear ibuds.  Personally, I think they sound fine for how much you pay for them(they come with the DAP).  People ask questions like that are too much into themselves.

Jun 5, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #11 of 85
I ask the same question. Once I was stuck on a plane sitting next to a woman who was listening to Black-Eyed Peas on full volume. The whole entire time I had to listen to some recycled beat OVER AND OVER AND OVER. Luckily it was only an hour long flight, but a painful hour it was...

Jun 5, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #12 of 85
The iPod ear buds come free.  Also, when all most people listen to are low bitrate top-40 hit mp3 that have probably been transcoded multiple times from some generic p2p program what difference can you really tell with higher quality headphones?

Jun 5, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #13 of 85
Why do 99.9999997% of people like to make up statistics?
wink.gif

That said, if they like the sound coming out of their iBuds, who cares? What they listen to and how they hear it doesn't affect me in the slightest so I fail to see a reason to care. You won't catch me using a pair of iBuds but that's my prerogative.

Jun 5, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #15 of 85
When I use the stock Apple buds whenever I'm out and about, I'm usually more preoccupied with avoiding trucks/buses/poo and whatnot while walking around =P.
Luckily, they fit me really well, so they're very comfortable and lightweight, and I don't have to worry about babying them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back