Why do 99.9% of ipod users use the apple buds?
Jun 9, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #46 of 85
I use them occasionally, though for the microphone more than anything.  Also they are much better when I am at work and people should be able to get my attention without physical touch (which is required when wearing Klipsch iems...)

Jun 9, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #48 of 85
you know what, after reading some of the post here, i began to listen to my stock buds.
turn out that, after a very long time abandoning the earphone, i never realize there could be such sound coming trough an earphone.
It might not be good, with the definition of soundstage, clarity, even frequency wise.
however, after many years i listen to a good pair of headphone/in-ear/earphone, my ear began to adapt to the sound signature off a good rig, making the stock buds, sound UNIQUE, hahaha, yeah unique.
i've been thinking to myself, about how many years since the last time i listen with these stock bud. and that unique ( or you may define as poor quality ) can be so much fun. like listening to an old radio, very classic.

so yeah stock buds do not deliver good sound, but maybe that just enough, and fun to listen.
try it, u'll know what i mean.

Jun 9, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #49 of 85

Quote:
you know what, after reading some of the post here, i began to listen to my stock buds.
turn out that, after a very long time abandoning the earphone, i never realize there could be such sound coming trough an earphone.
It might not be good, with the definition of soundstage, clarity, even frequency wise.
however, after many years i listen to a good pair of headphone/in-ear/earphone, my ear began to adapt to the sound signature off a good rig, making the stock buds, sound UNIQUE, hahaha, yeah unique.
i've been thinking to myself, about how many years since the last time i listen with these stock bud. and that unique ( or you may define as poor quality ) can be so much fun. like listening to an old radio, very classic.

so yeah stock buds do not deliver good sound, but maybe that just enough, and fun to listen.
try it, u'll know what i mean.

i agree with what your saying. i had a pair of cheap $10 iems from panasonic and i actually preferred them to my shure srh840. i don't knwo why but maybe it's because you hear less details that could ruin your experience. it also depended on my mood though as the shure srh840 was good for home use and trying to search for details while the panasonic iems were good for music enjoyment. i think i understand why people are satisfied with discounted cheap $20-$30 iems. they get the job done. now the ibuds on the other hand just sound boring to me. i can't get any enjoyment out of those like i can with either my panasonics or my shures.

Jun 10, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #50 of 85
well i never actually heard apple stock buds, but certainly cowon stock buds.
it sound simple, and focus on vocal and more to the high note, which will give you crisp, very light sound.

Jun 10, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #51 of 85

Quote:
...Its like getting a steak at a restaurant, sure it comes with salt and pepper o n it, but does it mean youre gonna eat it like that?

Bad analogy.  I love my steaks and adding any sort of sauce ruins the more delicate points of fine steak.

Jun 14, 2011 at 3:50 AM Post #52 of 85
Same reason people purchase and put up with integrated graphics. It comes included and it allows them to be entertained with farmville or whatever cereal box game they want. Now if you are going in as a gamer and know how awesome high-end graphics are, you definitely won't be settling for budget video to play crysis 2 :p

(This coming from a guy who refuses to "upgrade" his Audigy 2 ZS)

Jun 14, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #53 of 85

Quote:
Same reason people purchase and put up with integrated graphics. It comes included and it allows them to be entertained with farmville or whatever cereal box game they want. Now if you are going in as a gamer and know how awesome high-end graphics are, you definitely won't be settling for budget video to play crysis 2 :p

(This coming from a guy who refuses to "upgrade" his Audigy 2 ZS)

not if it's portable (12".1") laptop.  You can't change the gpu on a lot of laptops.  Best example I could thinks of is "the same reason why people don't buy stand alone speakers when they buy a tv."

Jun 14, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #54 of 85
Most people are content with Apple Buds or simply don't know what their missing out on, The only reason i ever bought my HD555's in 2004 were because i needed headphones for gaming after my philps running headphones broke, I've never looked back but i could have easy just gone to store and bought some cheap $20 headphones and never been enlightened to the Audiophile world, I only just found head-fi afew months ago, It's a great help and a curse at the same time, I'm hovering over buying some denon D2000's at the moment lol.

Natty 
atsmile.gif

Jun 14, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #55 of 85

Quote:
Most people are content with Apple Buds or simply don't know what their missing out on, The only reason i ever bought my HD555's in 2004 were because i needed headphones for gaming after my philps running headphones broke, I've never looked back but i could have easy just gone to store and bought some cheap $20 headphones and never been enlightened to the Audiophile world, I only just found head-fi afew months ago, It's a great help and a curse at the same time, I'm hovering over buying some denon D2000's at the moment lol.

Natty 
atsmile.gif

Stop hovering and swoop down on it
L3000.gif

Jun 14, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #56 of 85
I've always wanted to walk around carrying a Sound Devices 702 recorder for playback, to a Luxman B-1000F monoblock power amp, driven into some TaKet H2 outer-ear head tweeters; and scare away innocent little girls with their Shuffles and iBuds. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 14, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #57 of 85

Quote:
I've always wanted to walk around carrying a Sound Devices 702 recorder for playback, to a Luxman B-1000F monoblock power amp, driven into some TaKet H2 outer-ear head tweeters; and scare away innocent little girls with their Shuffles and iBuds. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

When you get older, you will actually start to like girls. I know - right now that's hard to believe, but it will happen. That, or you'll suddenly realise that musical theatre and movies about Spartans are way more interesting than girls.

Jun 15, 2011 at 9:51 AM Post #58 of 85
He might like Boys? 
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:
When you get older, you will actually start to like girls. I know - right now that's hard to believe, but it will happen. That, or you'll suddenly realise that musical theatre and movies about Spartans are way more interesting than girls.

Jun 15, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #60 of 85
You shouldn't be asking this question if:

- You use the stock buttons that come with your shirt, there are better buttons out there.
- You eat the stock ham that comes with your Hawaiian pizza, there are better hams out there.
- You use the stock RAM that comes with your computer, there are better RAMs out there.

If you truly can not comprehend why people have different priorities, you might want to consider getting tested on ASD (autism spectrum disorder).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back