Why do 99.9% of ipod users use the apple buds?
Jun 5, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #17 of 85

Quote:
And it probably pisses off a lot of people around here that these iBud people are enjoying their music more than some of us. 
biggrin.gif

oh! they wouldnt dare to 
angry_face.gif

Jun 5, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #18 of 85
Most people don't care about there being better headphones and what not out there.

whatever_works.jpg

Jun 6, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #19 of 85
Sometimes I wish I could go back.
Ignorance is bliss - And a whole lot cheaper!

Jun 6, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #21 of 85

Quote:
true words. some years ago I was happy with a jensen on ear headphone. 20$ and never thought of an upgrade until it broke. Damn that day!

Heh, now you're reminding me of my time with the $29 v-moda bass freq earphones I bought to replace my broken iBuds back in late 2008 and when they finally broke a little over a year later, I bought a pair of RE0s.

My wallet hasn't stopped crying since.

Jun 6, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #22 of 85
All of the above?

Most of them just don't know that there are better buds/iem's/headphones out there. All of us have been there, and would probably stay there if nothing/nobody exposed us to better products.

For a long time, I was perfectly happy with the earphones on that came with my iPhone. They work, have a mic, and look nice and clean. There wasn't a need to consider having a different set. It's only after I got fed up with them breaking on me due to daily wear tear that I decided to start looking else where. Even then, I didn't bother doing any research, as Skullcandy's were available everywhere - I just bought the FMJ's thinking they'd be durable. It was only after the 3rd warranty replacement that I started thinking that maybe I should research and possibly spend more on something of better build quality. I've tried out every single Bose and Beats model available to try at mall stores. If it wasn't actually for the crazy prices for those products, I wouldn't have started reaching out to the internets to do research.

Some folks also would rather spend the money elsewhere. I had my gf try my M50 - she loved the clarity, but didn't like how the sound was "all around her", and still prefer her tiny little speakers when she's in the office. She also can't be bothered to use big clunky headphones while walking outdoors. I do plan to get a second set of IEM's, I'll have her use my current ones (Klipsch S5i) when that happens to see if she can adjust to IEM's vs earbuds -- it took me several days and testing every single tip available to get used to sticking a device in my ear canal, LOL!

Jun 7, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #24 of 85
As long as I'm not wearing them, I dont really care why the majority do. I have given every pair of iBuds to my ex-GFs daughter and she puts them thru the thrashing machine that she calls 'life'. From 13 to 18 years of age, I've had a birds-eye view of the way teens treat earphones, and I have to admit that 'cheap and cheerful' makes more sense than the expensive pair Sony insists on including with the X series DAP.

Jun 7, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #28 of 85

Quote:
They bought an ipod. so clearly they arent in to sound quality. just leave them alone.

2 years ago, I would have taken that sort of bait - now, I couldnt give a hoot. If people want to listen to music on whatever smartphone/DAP has the shiniest screen, so be it - wars over a $5 DAC chip and some circuitry are soooo 2005.

Jun 8, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #29 of 85
its because people enjoy the music, not the sound.
Both music and sound should go in harmony, but for some they enjoy music and careless on the sound quality.

my girlfriend just cannot understand when i lend her my rig and headphone, she said it sound the same.
i guess that conclude.

Jun 8, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #30 of 85
I guess its much the same as people who view cars as a means of transport vs those who live/eat/sleep and breathe their four-wheeled obsessions. Trust me, mid-fi is SO much cheaper than cars, and I'm not just talking purchase price. Havent scraped a single knuckle in this hobby 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back