Why beats by dr.dre are great for the music industry
Jun 23, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #16 of 19

Quote:
Heya,

It's true that exposure is a very good thing for higher end music enjoyment equipment. I'm not so sure it's going to be good for the music industry itself. But creating more of a demand for higher quality equipment, like headphones, could potentially lead to some competition which may drive prices into a little lower brackets, which would be a good thing. I for one would buy a lot more headphones more often for the sake of being adventurous and testing them out if they were a bit more affordable for such a venture (though I have bought a few, listened, and returned them to Amazon.com since they don't care why you return and give full refund heh heh).

I for one wear my big cans around all the time. The exposure is good. It's fun to strike up a conversation randomly with people. I get a lot of "those are some big headphones" comments which just strikes up the subject and we go from there and it's a lot of fun. I usually offer for them to have a feel and listen too. Exposure is what it's all about, just like any hobby which is what this is. A lot of people cannot be bothered by wearing big headphones when they're out and about and use IEM's. This doesn't show up to anyone. No one really can recognize them without getting close. Only other hifi hobbyists will notice them in close proximity.

The current marketing of the Beats is simply that wearing headphones is a stylish thing to do. It doesn't show or market sound quality. It simply shows it as a fancy, expensive, music-related item which is hip and will get attention. It's the same as wearing a big gold chain, or wearing huge obnoxious rings, or simply dressing in a manner that scream money. That's all the Beats are actually doing. They're a means to represent your financial ability. They in no way represent high quality sound or the idea that someone likes high quality anything other than image.

Also, every time you find someone wearing Beats, especially celebrities and anyone else who is involved with marketing them, one should consider their source material. I bet you they're not listening to FLAC or lossless audio at all most of the time. A lot of the marketing of the Beats, again, is focused on image and not quality. Ask someone the bit rate of their source and they probably just answer "MP3" or that it came off iTunes. Beats don't attract audiophiles. Beats attract fashion seekers.

There's a huge difference. Beats are just a fancy new fashion statement. Nothing more.

If you want to see more awareness, wear your big cans that no one has heard of, that don't look flashy and actually listen to them, not just have them around your neck.

Very best,

Hey, I agree with everything you have said other than the paragraph I have bolded. The reason I disagree is because they do actually make a big thing out of their sound quality. Supposedly (this is what they have told us) they started making beats by dre so we could listen to music how the artists want us to. They say that so many people listen to music with bad equipment such as poor speakers from computers and bad earphones. Refer to what it says on the beats by dre website, apparently the words of Dr.Dre himself, also I'll take a quote out of the average Beats Studio description on websites that are selling them.

"People aren't hearing all the music.

Artists and producers work hard in the studio perfecting their sound. But people can't really hear it with normal headphones. Most headphones can't handle the bass, the detail, the dynamics. Bottom line, the music doesn't move you.
With Beats, people are going to hear what the artists hear, and listen to the music the way they should: the way I do."

"Experience the music exactly the way the artist wants you to with Beats high definition headphones. Dr Dre, record producer and CEO of Aftermath Entertainment has come together with Monster to create these stunning headphones. With advanced speaker design, powered amplification, and active noise cancelling, Beats delivers all the power, clarity and deep bass today's top artists and producers want you to hear."

Jun 23, 2011 at 7:47 PM Post #17 of 19

Quote:

Hey, I agree with everything you have said other than the paragraph I have bolded. The reason I disagree is because they do actually make a big thing out of their sound quality. Supposedly (this is what they have told us) they started making beats by dre so we could listen to music how the artists want us to. They say that so many people listen to music with bad equipment such as poor speakers from computers and bad earphones. Refer to what it says on the beats by dre website, apparently the words of Dr.Dre himself, also I'll take a quote out of the average Beats Studio description on websites that are selling them.

"People aren't hearing all the music.

Artists and producers work hard in the studio perfecting their sound. But people can't really hear it with normal headphones. Most headphones can't handle the bass, the detail, the dynamics. Bottom line, the music doesn't move you.
With Beats, people are going to hear what the artists hear, and listen to the music the way they should: the way I do."

"Experience the music exactly the way the artist wants you to with Beats high definition headphones. Dr Dre, record producer and CEO of Aftermath Entertainment has come together with Monster to create these stunning headphones. With advanced speaker design, powered amplification, and active noise cancelling, Beats delivers all the power, clarity and deep bass today's top artists and producers want you to hear."

very true especially with beats.

Jun 23, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #18 of 19
Why do we, who thought the Beats headphones looked utterly absurd from day one, number so few? I still laugh at people every time I see them wearing Monster Beats headphones in public.

Jun 23, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #19 of 19

Quote:
Why do we, who thought the Beats headphones looked utterly absurd from day one, number so few? I still laugh at people every time I see them wearing Monster Beats headphones in public.

ya they look cheap and ugly to me. i prefer a more professional looking set of cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back