Why am I having so much trouble typing posts?
Apr 11, 2011 at 8:35 AM Post #63 of 76
I'm adding to the problem. Even with the add-ons all disabled, the cursor does not move. I type past it, and I can only backspace. Highlighting anything, or pressing a directional arrow to fix a typing error is not possible; for they start a new line at the top of the post. Once that new line starts, all chaos happens, for I can't get back to the paragraph I started. Oh, a VERY IMPORTANT POINT, I can edit a post after with full capabilities.  Firefox 4.0  is what I'm using.

Apr 11, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #64 of 76
You can also type normally if you hit the source button twice first.

Apr 11, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #66 of 76
there's been a site update a few mins/hours ago...now the rich text editor doesn't load in Opera11 anymore, and I also get the security error msg that forbids cut/pasting in FF4.

Apr 12, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #67 of 76
Apr 12, 2011 at 5:46 AM Post #68 of 76

Use Ctrl to bypass that.

Good point! But if I have to use the keyboard, I might as well use CTRL+V...I like to right/click and choose "paste", and this only works in IE.

And apparently all the java mumbo-jumbo has failed loading in Opera11 since yesterday's update: no avatars, no rich text editor...and if I empty the browser cache, still no dice.

Apr 12, 2011 at 6:03 AM Post #69 of 76
Also, very often loading webpages in Opera11 times out...so I've tried to blacklist yui.yahoopapis.com in my HOSTS file...maybe that'll help.

PS: http://yuilibrary.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=234
PPS: I've just updated to today's new Opera11 stable build, now it says:

clearing the browser cache doesn't change anything.

Apr 12, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #70 of 76
I find it faster to use keyboard shortcuts over clickclickclick in general with most programs.

Apr 14, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #71 of 76
So it's not just me then..Thank goodness!

Apr 15, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #73 of 76
Having the same issues, firefox 4. Is there a workaround?

In edit account details I selected BB code editor which gave me back the cursor and also allows me to edit my spelling using my computers spelling tool rather than the forum one!

Apr 15, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #75 of 76
That worked, thanks!!!

No worries! It must be hard to keep a website up to date with all the constant changes on the Internet, kudos to the boffins here for keeping it all going on a day to day basis, leave the likes of me in charge and we would still not have advanced passed counting on fingers!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back