Why am I having so much trouble typing posts?
Jan 15, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #16 of 76
I hate this forum software.  It doesn't even look like a forum to me. I used to be a regular member of Home Theater Forum for 10 years and when they went to this same software, I left immediately and haven't been back since.  I fear the same is going to happen here. Just my 2 cents.

Jan 20, 2011 at 9:16 AM Post #17 of 76
Got the same happening to me right now, and it was a problem from when I started posting here in the summer.  I've noticed that whenever I use the "Quote" function it doesn't happen.

Feb 13, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #18 of 76
Is anything being done about this?

Feb 14, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #19 of 76
Add another voice to the chorus. My cursor randomly disappears under Firefox (I'm on 4b11, but I understand this happens for Firefox in general), Copy/Paste brings up the dialog even though I've changed the appropriate Internet setting (as per the FAQ), and when I try to add a quote to a post after it's already been made I find I can't put the cursor below the quote. I switched back to Firefox after having used Chrome for a while, and apart from the cursor issue (which is new to me) all the other stuff still happens.

Feb 14, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #20 of 76
my cursor flashes on and off sometimes, also, what's with all the ads concerning faucets and bathroom fixtures...0-o???

Feb 14, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #21 of 76
I submitted this cursor issue, and here is a response received from Huddler:

Quote:
This bug keeps getting reported and we are still unable to find a consistent way to make it happen. 

We need help. Can anyone provide 100% reproducible steps to make the cursor disappear or otherwise render the editor's text field inoperable?

Even 50% reproducible would be great. 

Feb 15, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #22 of 76
Right now using OS X 10.6.6 and Firefox 3.6.13 typing this response I don't have my cursor. If I quoted someone to write this reply however, it would be there. I think the problem is the reply box doesn't fully engage or something, because clicking "Source" twice makes the align to left box highlight, spell checking occur again and my cursor comes back.

Feb 16, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #23 of 76

Quote:
Right now using OS X 10.6.6 and Firefox 3.6.13 typing this response I don't have my cursor. If I quoted someone to write this reply however, it would be there. I think the problem is the reply box doesn't fully engage or something, because clicking "Source" twice makes the align to left box highlight, spell checking occur again and my cursor comes back.

Wow, thanks for the tip!  It seems that may be a decent interim solution until the bug is found/fixed.  This issue is still bugging the heck out of me - when it happens in the PM box you don't have any opportunity to edit after you send...

For the record, it was happening in FF 3.6.13 for me, and it's happening in FF 4 Beta 11 too.  I've got the following extensions:

Adblock Plus 1.3.3
Adobe DLM 1.6.2.91 (man, do I hate it... and every Adobe app)
Feedback 1.0.4

Feb 17, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #24 of 76
A fix is being tested now, and it seems good so far, from what we're told.  That said, I'm not sure when the fix is expected to be applied.  I'll keep you posted.  In the interim, use the workaround described above to get around it for now.  Apologies for the inconvenience, though.

Mar 1, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #25 of 76
When I load certain threads, I can't post. I am limited to the basic editor in those threads, like one that is loaded in a tab right next to this one now. I get a message in the edit box that says,
"Your mobile browser can only load the Basic editor. You may see some HTML source displayed. Any BBCode you enter will be converted to HTML when you save."

I should still be able to make a post from the basic editor, but I can't. When I hit submit, the window just scrolls to the top of the page. This happens in both Chrome and Firefox (on Vista), and as I said it only happens in certain threads. Everything is up to date and it's very frustrating, please fix this!

I do get a cursor in these threads that I can't post in, but I almost wish I didn't because I waste so much time typing things that I cannot post.

>

Mar 1, 2011 at 4:14 AM Post #26 of 76

Quote:
When I load certain threads, I can't post. I am limited to the basic editor in those threads, like one that is loaded in a tab right next to this one now. I get a message in the edit box that says,
"Your mobile browser can only load the Basic editor. You may see some HTML source displayed. Any BBCode you enter will be converted to HTML when you save."

I should still be able to make a post from the basic editor, but I can't. When I hit submit, the window just scrolls to the top of the page. This happens in both Chrome and Firefox (on Vista), and as I said it only happens in certain threads. Everything is up to date and it's very frustrating, please fix this!

I do get a cursor in these threads that I can't post in, but I almost wish I didn't because I waste so much time typing things that I cannot post....

grokit, any chance at all you can point me to at least one thread where you're seeing this problem?  The more examples you have, the better.

Mar 1, 2011 at 4:44 AM Post #27 of 76
I've only got the basic editor right now in this thread, but I can post. If I go to the featured "Apex Pinnacle vs Leben CS300XS: The Awful Truth" thread, it is even different from one page to another; at the moment I get the basic editor on page 4, but the full editor on pages 5 and 6. The "New Schiit Lyr: Hybrid 6W Headphone Amp. Yes. Six. Watts. RMS." thread, and the "Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite" thread are a couple that I couldn't post on at all earlier, where it just went to the top of the page when I clicked on submit. I just checked again, and they are still broken. So the problem seems to be pervasive, and inconsistent.

I did just notice at the bottom of the Woo thread, "System Error
We're sorry, but there's been an error in our system, and we can't complete your request. Please report this error to us, using our feedback system. Thanks!"

So I guess that is what I am doing, thanks for the quick response!

Mar 1, 2011 at 4:55 AM Post #28 of 76
Mar 1, 2011 at 5:04 AM Post #29 of 76
I can't post in this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/526306/amb-mini3-issue#

It's using the basic text editor, and clicking submit or the "Reply" button sends me to the top.

Mar 1, 2011 at 5:15 AM Post #30 of 76

I can't post in this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/526306/amb-mini3-issue#

It's using the basic text editor, and clicking submit or the "Reply" button sends me to the top.
I can confirm this. Same thing happened when I tried the "Reply" button. Using Safari 5.03. Here's the error message from the console:
TypeError: Result of expression '$H.threadViewer' [undefined] is not an object. amb-mini3-issue:1773

Users who are viewing this thread

Back