why all the skullcandy hate?
Oct 6, 2007 at 4:53 PM Post #61 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by pez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol both true statements...glocks (mainly speaking of their basic 9 mil.) are weak guns for the money (ie. the skullcandy and bose comparisons), but they are safe i'll give you that, but you can buy more powerful and accurate guns for the same or a little more price.

Not to mention people that aren't big gun fanatics (ie. the kind of people that think Bose are the best, or SkullCandies are the coolest) think Glocks are the best guns ever, and they want one. Think about it.

Personally, I want a nice .45 H&K Tactical USP, and an M1911A1...But that's just me.

Oct 6, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #62 of 74
how on earth did this turn into comparing headphones to guns.... .
basshead.gif
sound and bullets are way different things....I dont like skullcandy...but they got cool designs.......Whatever makes u happy! ...but I rather have Sound>Asthetics for the same price
340smile.gif

Oct 6, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #63 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i actually tried the skullcandies that the OP was talking about

and THEYRE NOT THAT BAD!!! not super high end, but its comparable to entry level senn earbuds. you know, some of you guys should actually hear the stuff before you say it sucks.

Yeah but the entry level Senn stuff is $15.

Oct 6, 2007 at 6:27 PM Post #64 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by sxr71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah but the entry level Senn stuff is $15.

Owned!

Some of their canalphones look neat but not $50 neat. I'll go ahead and use my 580/KSC75/PX200/iGrado/K240 Sextett ehh you get the idea.

Oct 6, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #65 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Takonic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how on earth did this turn into comparing headphones to guns.... .
basshead.gif
sound and bullets are way different things....

Alright, lets compare it with cars...
plainface.gif

Oct 6, 2007 at 9:51 PM Post #67 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeChuck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skullcandy doesn't make bad products, but they are pushed more for aesthetics than for sound.... Skullcandy has made their products "cool" to be seen with, which is more than Grado, AKG, or Sennheiser can say... All of us (most of us) here on Head-fi think Skullcandy sucks because we're really only concerned about audio quality, not aesthetics.

No, I personally think they suck because they 1) are too expensive for their sound AND 2) because they are ridiculously styled (IMHO) to appeal to teen gangsta wannabes who think the ultimate of cool is military prints, bullets, skulls and preposterous plastic shaped phones...

I'm 28 and personally have no aesthetic problems with any grado (though I'm not too fond of the gold SR325i) and I see the HP2/PS1 as some of the most beautiful headphones existing... But ATH, Beyerdynamic, Ultrasone and AKG have made some lookers as well (the woody ATHs, the leatherhead, DT880/990, Edition9, the K601 (and the new models I've seen pics of), the older AKGs,...) and even the senn PX100 is a very decently looking headphone. I don't like the looks of the bigger senns, but there are a lot of ppl here who do.

I would rather be shot with three bullets than to be seen wearing those attached to my 'cool' headphone
wink.gif

This is most definitely my opinion and you are free to differ...but please do not try and speak for me (and a lot of other - more adult? - members) here on Head-Fi... in short opinions on aesthetics will differ as well and SkullCandies are not considered beautiful or cool by everyone (I hope
tongue.gif
)

Oct 6, 2007 at 10:29 PM Post #68 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by J_C_Denton1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright, lets compare it with cars...
plainface.gif

Maybe a Hummer? Gawdy and doesn't go very fast.

Sometimes you'll find Bose-lovers in a Prius, I love true environmentalists but those environmentalists who love Bose I think must be posers, like half the people wanting to cure cancer.

Oct 6, 2007 at 10:48 PM Post #69 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dept_of_Alchemy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL. My ex-roomate likes to compare my HD650 to three-for-a-dollar headphones that he got from a dollar store. Obviously, I don't live with him anymore.
evil_smiley.gif

I Just have to ask, YOU Don't love with him anymore, or *Hedoesn't live anymore?
600smile.gif

Oct 7, 2007 at 1:59 AM Post #70 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not to mention people that aren't big gun fanatics (ie. the kind of people that think Bose are the best, or SkullCandies are the coolest) think Glocks are the best guns ever, and they want one. Think about it.

Personally, I want a nice .45 H&K Tactical USP, and an M1911A1...But that's just me.

Mmmm can you say Deagle?
wink.gif

Jul 22, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #72 of 74
skullcandy is built only for the look.

Jul 22, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #73 of 74
>Hmm, now you can do a forum search for Bose LOL.
You couldn't sense my sarcasm?

Bose has always been the master of stealing money. People who don't know crap about audio buy bose because they have a store and they're ****ing expensive. Not to say that the sound quality is bad, but that its just super overpriced

Jul 22, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #74 of 74
i'm new to the audiophile world and before i ever got into audio and my music more i already knew the skullcandie  line-up sound like junk. even in th dj world there junk. sennheiser make great headphones even in the lower market. i got myself a pair of sennheiser HD205-II's about month ago and love the sound coming from'em through my JVC XL-F108 cd player hooked up to my computer.

people are right. there is a lot better options for the price. same goes for Bose and monster's Dr.dre beats.... but it's your ears. if you like'em then it's cool. just saying there is much better options for the price ranges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back