Who's your least favorite musical artist?
May 16, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #706 of 1,005
Why all the hate on mainstream.  Simple music for simple people
tongue.gif
.  Can't blame them, 16th notes are just so darn confusing.  Especially when you throw in a *gasp* chord progression *gasp, looks around* at the SAME TIME
eek.gif
.  Lol one time I heard about this song where they used like 10 chords
eek.gif
... all in the SAME SONG ROFL!!!1!!!11!!  Silly people, that's like two or three songs worth
rolleyes.gif

May 20, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #708 of 1,005
The X factor. (everyone that's been on it, and everyone who's going to be on it)

May 20, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #709 of 1,005

Quote:
First conclusion: way too many conservatives listen with cans. They supposedly dislike Dylan, Green Day, Rage against the machine, Bono etc for their music, not their politics. Very convincing.

I reserve a place in my audio hell for Celine Dion and Kenny G. Yanni comes next.

This may be the "Greatest First Post" in the history of Head-Fi.

May 20, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #710 of 1,005
First conclusion: way too many conservatives listen with cans. They supposedly dislike Dylan, Green Day, Rage against the machine, Bono etc for their music, not their politics. Very convincing.

I reserve a place in my audio hell for Celine Dion and Kenny G. Yanni comes next.

So Green Day doesn't suck anymore? I'll give you Dookie, but what else have they done that doesn't suck?

But RATM is great music, but weird lyrics culminating to a slightly below average sound. And Bono and Sting are annoying people, but I love U2 and The Police so I'll leave them alone.

No comment on Dylan.

May 21, 2011 at 5:44 AM Post #712 of 1,005

Quote:
Quote:

So Green Day doesn't suck anymore? I'll give you Dookie, but what else have they done that doesn't suck?

But RATM is great music, but weird lyrics culminating to a slightly below average sound. And Bono and Sting are annoying people, but I love U2 and The Police so I'll leave them alone.

No comment on Dylan.

Good point, I'ts easy hate both Bono and Sting as to be fair they are both a pair of a%*holes when it comes down to it. They've been in the buisness along time and they come across as believing they are very special people. But U2 have made some of the finest albums in the past 30 years. I used to be a huge fan of the Police aswell.

On the other hand Dylan comes across as still very down to earth. Hes always been in touch with his audience. His voice and singing is an aquired taste, but hes arguably the greatest song writer in the last part of the 20th century! I love him     

May 21, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #713 of 1,005
I have only one question, and I hope that I will not regret asking it... But.... What the hell is that? It sounds like noise with what seems to be 5 year old kids trying to play instruments... In fact, if there was no title, I'd be almost certain that is what it is (except for very very brief intervals where it sounds like the guitarist and or drummer actually took some lessons in their instrument). 

Quote:
Justin Bieber is worse then this?

May 21, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #714 of 1,005
Yup, harsh noise. The most stupid genre ever to be invented. Here's some more quality harsh noise, ENJOY!

Part 2

The guy shouts the name of the song followed by a lot of noise, the only difference between songs seems to be the length of of the mayhem.

Another extremely creative soul is Masonna, the idea behind his live - act is quite simple and utterly brilliant. Make a lot of noise, jump down from stuff that's gathered around the stage, seriously hurt yourself, end of preformance.

May 21, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #715 of 1,005
LOL. That harsh noise stuff made me laugh. Even worse than Grindcore.

May 22, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #717 of 1,005
Bieber worse then this?
Thing is, Bieber can sing and has some talent. He has some bad material to work with.

If Bieber starts singing standards, he might turn into a good performer.

It won't happen tomorrow, but if in 20 years, he starts knocking off standards in Vegas, I might start liking him. If he does something like a Sinatra tribute show, I'd probably buy a ticket to see him. I wouldn't go see his current material, but there is a possibility that he'll be worthwhile in the future.

Despite bad material, I can't find it in my heart to hate Beiber.

May 22, 2011 at 1:11 PM Post #719 of 1,005

Quote:
Best selling artists ever?
What planet?
I never heard of them

A very sad planet my friend... their latest album was the fastest selling album in history... the album before holds the record for the most pre -orders of all time... 

May 22, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #720 of 1,005
I HATE GREELEY ESTATES!

...Just kidding, I actually love this song. But I've gotten more hate than I can remember for liking this band, especially from my conservative mother.
frown.gif
Personally, I think a lot of pop artists, such as Akon, are vapid and uninteresting. He really should stick to guest appearances for The Lonely Island.
mad.gif

Quote:
Thing is, Bieber can sing and has some talent. He has some bad material to work with.

If Bieber starts singing standards, he might turn into a good performer.

It won't happen tomorrow, but if in 20 years, he starts knocking off standards in Vegas, I might start liking him. If he does something like a Sinatra tribute show, I'd probably buy a ticket to see him. I wouldn't go see his current material, but there is a possibility that he'll be worthwhile in the future.

Despite bad material, I can't find it in my heart to hate Beiber.

I agree! His music doesn't put me off any more than that by a hundred other pop artists out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back