Who's your least favorite musical artist?
Apr 13, 2011 at 4:16 AM Post #676 of 1,005
2X on country music. I married my Wife because she disliked country. The closest I get to country would be southern rock, only cuz it was introduced to me in a beer haze.

Apr 13, 2011 at 1:11 PM Post #677 of 1,005

Quote:
2X on country music. I married my Wife because she disliked country. The closest I get to country would be southern rock, only cuz it was introduced to me in a beer haze.

Was that really THE reason you married her??
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #678 of 1,005
Can I just say, that I really hate "Take That" again.

They are one of the best selling artists ever.... 

The Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Beach Boys,Take That. (in no order) 

We live in sad times.... There has always been boy bands and The Beatles are no exception, but talent has to come into the equation at some point. One song writer, two dancers, one dwarf, one big ADD drug addict. And people continue to buy into it!

The occaional catchy tune from Barlow does'nt = what they have actually achieved!  

What this shows; is very clever marketing, very clever indeed.... hope you sleep well you ***%%£'s. Think of every real musician struggling.. playing clubs and pubs with more talent in their little finger than them C%*%£ will ever have. They have been very instrumental (big irony) in demolishing the music buisness for young people with talent looking to make a career. It has always been hard, but now it is very hard... Even the Bay City Rollers could play instruments and sing!  

Apr 13, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #679 of 1,005

Quote:
Can I just say, that I really hate "Take That" again.

They are one of the best selling artists ever.... 

The Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Beach Boys,Take That. (in no order) 

We live in sad times.... There has always been boy bands and The Beatles are no exception, but talent has to come into the equation at some point. One song writer, two dancers, one dwarf, one big ADD drug addict. And people continue to buy into it!

The occaional catchy tune from Barlow does'nt = what they have actually achieved!  

What this shows; is very clever marketing, very clever indeed.... hope you sleep well you ***%%£'s. Think of every real musician struggling.. playing clubs and pubs with more talent in their little finger than them C%*%£ will ever have. They have been very instrumental (big irony) in demolishing the music buisness for young people with talent looking to make a career. It has always been hard, but now it is very hard... Even the Bay City Rollers could play instruments and sing!  

i highly agree with you, the music industry today is sad.

i listen to rock and metal mostly though so about 95% of my music is metal. 

Apr 13, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #680 of 1,005

Quote:
Was that really THE reason you married her??
biggrin.gif

Well not "the reason" but a big deal. How could you ever spend the rest of your life with someone playing country at say...8:00am? Driving in the car when you are in a bad mood with country playing? What can I say, I have a strong dislike for the stuff. Who knows why.

Apr 15, 2011 at 8:45 AM Post #684 of 1,005
These bands like brokencyde and hollywood undead, a mish mash of who knows what styles, hardcore emo dance theater rappers..............
basshead.gif

Apr 25, 2011 at 7:37 AM Post #686 of 1,005
I hate Michael Angelo Batio sooo much. He plays guitar so fast it just sounds like noise! :confused_face: A fan told me to go listen to one of his relaxed songs and by about 1 minute through he must not have been able to contain himself and was already shredding away. :rolleyes:

May 8, 2011 at 1:01 AM Post #687 of 1,005
There was a time when I might have said the Grateful Dead but as I get older and hear more and more American Idol contestants and people like Justin Bieber, I start to appreciate bands like the Grateful Dead .

May 8, 2011 at 5:20 AM Post #688 of 1,005
I hate gangster rap and Justin Bieber :D

May 11, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #690 of 1,005
The Black Eyed Peas by far right now.  Their superbowl performance was abysmal and someone needs to tell them that autotuning a live show sounds even worse than when they do it in the studio.

100% concur, they make me want to barf on my tv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back