Who's "done"?
Feb 10, 2007 at 6:00 AM Post #121 of 153
pretty much done...might sell some stuff and buy an sr60 or ms1 for when i go away from college

the bithead has totally made me think of audio in a whole new way. i rarely use my ipods and other amps.

Feb 10, 2007 at 8:02 AM Post #122 of 153
I'm almost done.
I've spent more than I'd planned on spending and heard most all that I want to hear, almost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sad but true!!!!
eggosmile.gif

Alberto - So says your sig
wink.gif

Jul 26, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #124 of 153
I won't say I'm "done", because there's a lot of stuff out there I'd like to get my hands on eventually. However, I'm not likely to be getting any new gear in the near future.

My money is going into the music.

Jul 26, 2007 at 3:39 PM Post #125 of 153
I'd like to pretend that I'm done. Haven't really had too much interest in anything in quite a while (except upping my travel rig). I've had a few things that made me interested but that went away quickly.

I'd be fooling myself if I said I was done.

Jul 26, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #127 of 153
I'm "done". Meaning, there's no way I can get more money for this unless I get a job or cure cancer. Sure, I can't distinguish a good LAME MP3 from FLAC, but my music of choice (old English dudes with guitars) has never sounded better. That's all that matters.

Although with all the FOTM love being lavished on the Corda Move lately, I wonder if I should sidegrade to that. Several months of saving up could get me up to an Aria or a Canamp...

Oh crap.

Jul 26, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #129 of 153
After hearing R10, there is no such thing as done until I get one...and it will take me a looong time.....Since I have moved from the SS camp to the tube camp with my DV (yeah..go read my post when i was still in the SS camp...kinda funny how things change), I will probably scale that mountain .... in time.

Sometimes I feel my K701 + DV outclasses my beloved HD650+Dynahi....it must be the damn tube magic (makes no sense to an engineer. but to hell with that..it sounds good)

OMG..I just realized this thread was from last year.. doooh.

Jul 26, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #130 of 153
I don't think I'll ever be done, but right now I expect to have many years of service with my current portable rig.

Now, my >10 year old Yamaha RX-V2090 receiver with the Yamaha DDP-2 dolby digital decoder may need an upgrade soon.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 26, 2007 at 7:08 PM Post #131 of 153
lol not done. As a college student, portable is my primary concern. But after 4 years then a whole new world opens up when I must begin a decent home rig (while probably downgrading my portable).

Things in store for me in the future: Imod procedure, better amp (Move?), high end IEM or HD-25-1. I think that's it for the portable.

Jul 26, 2007 at 7:42 PM Post #134 of 153
i'm "done" for now while i work on gearing up for some of my other hobbies (mainly photography at the moment). i just recently acquired darth beyers and a corda aria and i'm loving every bit of it. it's quite the upgrade from having just an a900 plugged into my PC, so for the time being i can say that i am satisfied and will not be upgrading for (hopefully) a while.

this should give me enough time to get some new photography equipment and hone my skills
tongue.gif

Jul 27, 2007 at 9:18 PM Post #135 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sh0eBoX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm "done" for now while i work on gearing up for some of my other hobbies (mainly photography at the moment). i just recently acquired darth beyers and a corda aria and i'm loving every bit of it. it's quite the upgrade from having just an a900 plugged into my PC, so for the time being i can say that i am satisfied and will not be upgrading for (hopefully) a while.

this should give me enough time to get some new photography equipment and hone my skills
tongue.gif

Technically, are you really "done" if you are now gearing up for this photography hobby? Sorry about your wallet.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back