Who's "done"?
Sep 10, 2006 at 12:22 PM Post #106 of 153
Maybe it's time to think about another hobby.
lambda.gif

Sep 10, 2006 at 4:07 PM Post #107 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alu
Listen to the music and you're done, listen to the gear and you're never done.

I have been listening to the music and not thinking about my rig lately.

Head-Five <--SYNERGY--> AKG K701
k701smile9ga.gif

now to thin the herd, get rid of whatever I can convince myself that I do not need.
rolleyes.gif

Sep 13, 2006 at 8:43 PM Post #110 of 153
OK, just sold my sr80 and bought a used pair of sr225 . . . . couldn't pass up the opportunity.
And it sounds great with Head-Five
rs1smile.gif

Oh yea, and my DAC arrived yesterday.

NOW I am done!
rolleyes.gif

Sep 13, 2006 at 11:46 PM Post #111 of 153
i have three major plans coming up for my rigs, which doesn't include compensating for obsolescence and things just getting broke.
evil_smiley.gif
guess i ain't done.

Sep 14, 2006 at 5:54 AM Post #112 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans
OK, just sold my sr80 and bought a used pair of sr225 . . . . couldn't pass up the opportunity.
And it sounds great with Head-Five
rs1smile.gif

Oh yea, and my DAC arrived yesterday.

NOW I am done!
rolleyes.gif

So, Number Cruncher -> Headfive -> SR225 now?

How is that working for you? I'm very happy with that setup right now, and still pondering HD580s -> K601s.

Sep 14, 2006 at 7:38 AM Post #113 of 153
not done yet. still searching for a home amp, + some interconnects.

although my portable rig is "done" for the most part...
eggosmile.gif

Sep 14, 2006 at 1:16 PM Post #114 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmirza
So, Number Cruncher -> Headfive -> SR225 now?

How is that working for you? I'm very happy with that setup right now, and still pondering HD580s -> K601s.

sr225 / k701
and the setup works great with both cans
biggrin.gif

and the Number Cruncher works surprisingly well (based only on it's effect on improving the sound quality of my rig as I have no experience with other DACs)

Sep 15, 2006 at 4:40 AM Post #117 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizelbs
No one is ever done.

I am, as rewarding as this hobby is, there are many other hobbies that gives more enjoyment (relative term from each individual) both in terms of time and money spent. Photography (how you can share with others), Mountain Biking (the great outdoors, gets you fit) are just 2 I have moved on to since HiFi.

Sep 15, 2006 at 5:11 AM Post #118 of 153
I'm done for the school year.
Textbook prices are riding up there... Until next summer... DIY mania all over again with fresh new knowledge.

Feb 10, 2007 at 5:46 AM Post #119 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
99.999999999% done here! Ordered up my last source a few days ago (for the "Bedside Rig"), all that's left now is a solid-state amp. Then all the pieces of my puzzle will have fallen into place. Been a great journey, looking forward to nailing all the essentials of my audio system down and finally selling off the excess. Because I have quite a bit of excess at this point. I wonder how many here would admit to having a bit of excess?
wink.gif

Oh I'm not saying I'll be "done" done of course. There's always experimentation, I still haven't heard the AT woodies on my system, or the high-end Grados (NEED GRADOS!!!!!), or a super-duper-hi-fi tube or solid-state amp, but those will just have to wait. Then there's the always-tempting source upgrade. Anyone know how much I'd need to spend to significantly better my Arcam?
580smile.gif

A bump for this thread because: (1) oh how wrong I was when I wrote that! (2) now I can say I'm very nearly done! What a long and torturous road it was, but I've finally gotten here and I feel like I got a huge load off my shoulders. Today I ordered the final piece of my home system. I expect to get it sometime before the 2007 International Meet (it's the second part of the very-secret system I'm forming for the Meet, only attendees will get to see it - oh how unique it will be!). I've since determined that I'll no longer be getting any AT woodies, or any high-end Grados, or anything else now.

There's still a minor matter of sorting out aftermarket power cords to be used on everything, but for all intents and purposes, this is the end!

I still haven't escaped the Curse though - my ultraportable and work rigs beckon!
frown.gif
With luck, I'll be done with those too this year.

Feb 10, 2007 at 5:50 AM Post #120 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you keep visiting this site You will NEVER be DONE
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sad but true!!!!
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back