Who Will Win The Soccer World Cup in Germany, June 9 -July 9, 2006?
May 29, 2006 at 3:33 PM Post #49 of 133
Talent wise, England has the best chance since their only cup in the 60's. But they don't have the heads to win it.
Experience wise, Brazil should win the cup with all the players in top leagues around the world. But they're proving to be not so hungry of a team.
Team manager wise, Netherlands should have the upper hand with worldly known TOTAL SOCCER tactically, but the army of orange is too young.
Team work wise, Argentina has been preparing this team for past 4 years tested many times in international tournaments.
Reputation wise, Italy always qualifies to be top 4 team, but let's face it they don't play beautiful game and often the players are way too hot headed.

Of all the teams, the NETHERLANDS deserve atleast ONE World Cup.
Even England and France have 1 each.

May 29, 2006 at 10:23 PM Post #52 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma
I'm more concerned about whose hooligans will win the streetfights.
I guess in the end team cop will win, and we are very good at reconstructing after wars.

You're being too sceptical. This World Cup is supposed to be fun should have everybody on their feet. Remember the saying "Vorfreude ist die schönste Freude!". Instead everyone seems to be worried, much media attention goes to hooligans and "what if" scenarios of terror and angst. I guess that's a part of German mentality in the year 2006. What a shame.
confused.gif

May 29, 2006 at 11:17 PM Post #55 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by jumpinjohn1234
Watch Brazil loose
Watch Netherlands win

Brasil= OLD, overrated, slow on transition to defense, a few superstars isnt going to win the worldcup for brasil.

few superstars?

everyone on their team is a superstar

May 29, 2006 at 11:23 PM Post #57 of 133
I voted for PORTUGAL obviously, but mainly because I really think we have a team that can win the Cup (we have great midfielders: DECO, Tiago, Maniche, C.Ronaldo, Figo ...).
However, the obvious favourites (in my order): Argentina (which I hope wins, if Portugal doesn't .... Go Lucho!!
biggrin.gif
), Brasil, Italy, Holland, England, and then the others.
I think Czech will be a surprise since they've been playing really well and have great players (Rosicky, Baros, Poborsky, Koller, Nedved, etc). They just had some bad luck here in the Euro 2004.

I'm really going to like seing all the good players out there all together.

May 30, 2006 at 12:02 AM Post #59 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by jumpinjohn1234
Watch Brazil loose
Watch Netherlands win

Brasil= OLD, overrated, slow on transition to defense, a few superstars isnt going to win the worldcup for brasil.

The Netherlands really has dominated everyone in a way that other teams have not in the qualifying rounds. 2-0ing the Czech Republic is quite an accomplishment. Out of all the European teams, I think they have the best chance of beating a team like Brasil.

However, although Brasil might be old (Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos are getting up there), they still have plenty of young guns who can lead the team (Robinho and Ronaldinho). As far as leadership is concerned, this team is not quite as antiquated as the one that lost to France in the finals...we'll see what happens. Brasil has never been known for their defense, but that hasn't seemed to have stopped them...yet.

-Matt

May 30, 2006 at 12:13 AM Post #60 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by xtr3me
However, the obvious favourites (in my order): Argentina (which I hope wins, if Portugal doesn't .... Go Lucho!!
biggrin.gif
)

Didnt Lucho have a bad knee injury a few months ago which will cause him to to miss the Cup?
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back