Who Will Win The Soccer World Cup in Germany, June 9 -July 9, 2006?
May 18, 2006 at 11:32 PM Post #17 of 133
Like what they say, there are games that can be missed in the World Cup, but there are games that cannot be missed in the Euro Cup.

A bit disappointment that Zanetti didn't make to the Argentina roster.

May 18, 2006 at 11:33 PM Post #18 of 133
it will probably be brazil, but i'll be rooting for england and the US. the england roster is loaded with EPL superstars, but owen and rooney are injured, so we'll see how that goes.

lets not forget the US... we've been improving over the past decade and this is by far the most talented roster we have ever fielded. johnson, beasley, dempsey, and of course reyna and keller. i still don't understand why arenas picked ching over twellman, but nevertheless, the US is no longer the laughingstock of the international community when it comes to footy.

i'm still irked that the US got screwed by fifa in the group drawings. we get czech and italy in the first round while our rivals mexico get portugal and iran.

germany, czech republic, italy, france, and holland will be contenders, as always.

May 19, 2006 at 12:18 AM Post #19 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by b-sides
it will probably be brazil, but i'll be rooting for england and the US. the england roster is loaded with EPL superstars, but owen and rooney are injured, so we'll see how that goes.

lets not forget the US... we've been improving over the past decade and this is by far the most talented roster we have ever fielded. johnson, beasley, dempsey, and of course reyna and keller. i still don't understand why arenas picked ching over twellman, but nevertheless, the US is no longer the laughingstock of the international community when it comes to footy.

i'm still irked that the US got screwed by fifa in the group drawings. we get czech and italy in the first round while our rivals mexico get portugal and iran.

germany, czech republic, italy, france, and holland will be contenders, as always.

.... I mean Italy and Czechs and this might be it for the USA, but we'll see ... it's not over till it's over!

On another matter, England, when should they win, if not this time. Never?
It's very unfortunate what happened to Rooney. He's sooooooooo dynamic!
But remember the same happened to Beckham before!?

Also, I've heard that Gemany might not make to the final.

Adam
580smile.gif

May 19, 2006 at 8:11 AM Post #20 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield
PORTUGAL will win the World Cup
icon10.gif

You wish.
wink.gif

It's going to be Brazil, whether we like it or not.

May 19, 2006 at 8:40 AM Post #21 of 133
We (Holland
biggrin.gif
) really need to win a WC. 32 years ago Holland was in the final when tournament was also in Germany. They lost to Germany, it's time to make up for that.

But to be real, the group of Holland is really hard and the team is very young. I'd doubt they win it.

May 19, 2006 at 11:03 AM Post #23 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamCalifornia

Also, I've heard that Gemany might not make to the final.

I think the old bonmot by Lineker, whereby Germany always wins, has been proven untrue many times since 1990. OTOH, I actually think they did play very dynamic football in 2002 and deserved a seat in the final against Brazil.

But this year, despite highest hopes and a home crowd, I think semi-finals is tops for Germany.

Good luck to our British sportsmen. I do hope you guys will tap into your potential this time and perform like you did against Germany or Argentina lately; then there's nobody stopping you (although Rooney is a huge loss).

May 19, 2006 at 11:07 AM Post #24 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27
United States does not even have a chance of advancing out of its group, let alone to the championship.

-Matt

Remember 2002, my friend. The US is a force to be reconned with. Very organized, extremely fast and physical team, with enough talent for the odd strike by a single player.

May 19, 2006 at 12:09 PM Post #25 of 133
It's going to be Brazil again, they just got too many good players. I loved to see holland's football. They capable to show beautiful team play however it seems luck is never on their side.

May 19, 2006 at 1:35 PM Post #28 of 133
Trinidad and Tobago will have a clean sweep!!

Germany is going to reach at least semi-finals. Even Korea reached the semi-finals when they were hosting the world cup although admittingly, the referee's performance in the Italy match was somewhat dubitable.

May 19, 2006 at 2:16 PM Post #29 of 133
Since I've seen their shaman performing his rituals in our stadiums on tv, I'm definitely all for Ecuador.

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

May 19, 2006 at 2:24 PM Post #30 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield
PORTUGAL will win the World Cup
icon10.gif

Are you Portuguese?

Yes Portugal will win the World Cup!!! We were second in the Euro and Greece won't have a chance this time!

Brazil has very good players but we are more determined! You should see the huge advertising campaign that is going on here!!!

Good luck to all the other countries!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back