Who Will Win The Soccer World Cup in Germany, June 9 -July 9, 2006?
Jun 12, 2006 at 9:08 AM Post #77 of 133
Heh, it seems like everywhere I go, people are talking about damn soccer. I could care less, but if I was forced to give a prediction, I'de say Brazil, just because statistics shows that they have won 5 times followed by Germany 3 times. And to think, this things an entire freaking month
frown.gif

Jun 12, 2006 at 3:24 PM Post #78 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking
En-Ger-Land, En-Ger-Land, En-Ger-Land!!!

En-Ger-Land, En-Ger-Land, En-Ger-Land!!!

But seriously, it's gonna be brazil isn't it?

Sorry but they dont have a chance.

Jun 12, 2006 at 5:54 PM Post #80 of 133
England don't have a chance?!

You are Scottish, so you talk utter pants.
icon10.gif

Wait and see...

Jun 12, 2006 at 6:24 PM Post #82 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpburton5150
Yeah, um not the US of A. What exactly were our strong points that got us ranked 5th? I looked hard and uh haha... couldn't find any. Oh well, go Czech Republic!

Maybe because the ranking system gives too much credit to the fact that the US have a good team in comparison to who they play in CONCACAF...

Jun 12, 2006 at 11:07 PM Post #83 of 133
I don't think anyone who knows soccer takes those FIFA rankings seriously.

The US benefits from being a Big Fish in a Small Pond.

When your only competition is Mexico and Costa Rica, it's easy to dominate.

That said, the Czech Republic is one of the best teams in the world and these kinds of outcomes are expected even when the US fielded a strong team.

-Matt

Jun 16, 2006 at 3:48 PM Post #89 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
Serbia & Montenegro is still a young nation, Argentina should save their faces. Right now many people are criticizing Argentina for playing too seriously.

It's better to play seriously than to risk defeat as Brazil did against Croatia. Ronaldo looked like a slug out there and does not belong on the field in his current condition. Records do not mean as much as wins in World Cup play, and right now, Brazil would be much better off with Robinho starting.

Argentina has more youthful talent than Brazil; Brazil better be careful in catering to the demands of their aging vets.

They (Ronaldo, Cafu, Roberto Carlos, etc.) could lose this thing for Brazil, if they are not careful.

-Matt

Jun 16, 2006 at 11:28 PM Post #90 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
Serbia & Montenegro is still a young nation.

LOL, the nation doesn't exist anymore.
There was a public referendum about secession recently (5/21/2006), and on 6/3/2006 Montenegro formally declared independence.
Americans knowing nothing about foreign policy is a running gag here in Europe, but admittedly it's hard to keep track of all those balkan civil wars and secessions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back